Do you carry less than 14 clubs, why?

I carry 14 clubs. Driver-3w-3h at the top and 48°-52°-56° at the bottom. I have fairly good gapping from top to bottom and used every club during my rounds last weekend.

I carry 14. I could easily trim it to 11-12. I almost never hit my 6 iron. Pretty much only on Par 3s with wind into my face and if left is the safe miss. My Heavenwood and 4h basically cover the same yardage gap. I could easily get rid of either. Right now I use depending on lie but could pretty much use my 5h in any situation where my HW doesn't have a good enough lie from the rough. I could pretty easily get rid of my 54 and 60 and go with a 56. I like having the option of having two irons to chip and out of the sand but don't need it.

I carry 13 not sure where a 14th would fit in. Maybe gap my wedges differently.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I carry 12. No need for extra wedges. I really, really need something between 3W and 4i

There's a big 'ol hole between 4h and 6i. I wasn;t sure of the gapping, but now I am. I could go 5i but may go with adjustable 4 and 5 hybrids.

I have 13 in the bag right now. I will rectify that soon by purchasing a CBX2 52° wedge.

I probably carry 13 more times than not. Can't make a bad decision with a club if it's not in the bag.

I’m rolling with 12 right now, but not hitting two of them. My driver and hybrid are the two in the penalty box. Other than those I have a Ping 4 Crossover, 5-G Cleveland UHX, Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56*, and putter.

I’m eyeing a Maltby utility. If I get that, the hybrid will come out of the bag.

I don’t need two 4i’s or two 7i’s?

I don’t use a traditional wedge setup so I always have room for a spare or two.

Carry 14. Playing some friends its Driver/Hybrid off tee to wedge and playing with others it is driver to mid/long iron second shot. So definitely need all 14 depending on the friends I play with.

I've got 13. Driver, 5 and 7 woods, 4 and 5 hybrids, 6-SW and putter.

I almost never use the 7 wood (can't hit it anyway) and could easily lose it, or replace with a 3 wood. Don't see a need now for a lob wedge, and not sure what else I could use. Just got the new clubs about 2 months ago, so I'm still figuring out what's what (and I've only been playing for less than a year).

In 1938 when USGA/R&A adopted the 14 club rule (no one really knows why that number) they would’ve said “Nah, you can only have 10 clubs in your bag”, what would your set up be? When my dad taught me to play in the 60’s, all I used was a 3 & 5 wood, 5/7/9/PW/SW and putter. Didnt really know about “other” clubs until I got older, really older.😁 Right now I hover at 9.

Currently rocking 9

Sim2 driver

CB pro 4 wood

Geom 4/6/8/W

53/58

Putter

Lighter bag, less decision making fretting, crafting shots instead of hitting numbers, it’s improved my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I carry 14. It would probably be 20 if that was allowed 🤣

The vast majority of the time, I carry 14. About 10 - 12 times a year I will go out with just 7 or 8 just for a change and mix up shot requirements.

I always have 14 because that’s the limit.

played with 13 for a while when I had a gap between my 3w and 4i and I don’t think it affected my scoring.

I've always advocated for moving the limit up to 15 clubs or more. Great for golfers and great for the manufacturers.

Funny enough, I now carry 13 clubs and I'm looking to add a 2nd driver that is cut down.

1 - PING G driver
2 - TM M6 3-wood
3 - Tour Exotics EXS hybrid
4 thru 10 - TM Burner 2.0 irons, 4-PW
11 - Cleveland Diadic 53 wedge
12 - Titleist Vokey 58 wedge
13 - Odyssey Fang 2-ball putter

If they bumped the club limit, I'd love to have a driving iron and maybe a special wedge with a big bounce.

13 for me. i took the LW and 3 wood out of the bag, can't hit either

i got: d, 2h, 4h, 3i, 5-GW, SW putter

Full 14 clubs for me but I don't do carry rounds anymore. Push cart or ride. I especially like courses and rounds where all 14 clubs get some legitimate use. My scores would probably be similar if I gamed 11 or 12 though.

13/14, mostly because when I dropped my 3w & 5w I only ever put back one hybrid

14 but looking to take out my 4iron and 3wood. Haven't hit my 4 iron in 4 rounds and rarely hit the 3w

I'll go with anywhere from 7 to 14 clubs depending on the course, my mood, the alignment of the planets, etc.

Just a different topic to throw out there.

I carry 11 clubs. Driver, 3 wood, 4 and 5 utility iron, 6-PW, 58° wedge and a putter. Why? I don't really have any gapping issues and anything less than 100 yards I can do efficiently with my PW or 58.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting this. I have been pondering this exact topic Last few round b
noted I seem to play the same 7-8 clubs. Have dropped 3 wood for a 5W I have lofted down plus a 7W. I have a Callaway JV 2H at 17* which I use as a 3W off deck and FW as well. Works for me Looking at giving up 5&6I also. Down to 12 currently

Back