Check out swing sequence #7 in Swing Sequence / Bubba Watson Golf Channel . 2012 .
Is his left palm facing upward / skyward ? Has he allowed his hands to roll over ?

Check out swing sequence #7 in Swing Sequence / Bubba Watson Golf Channel . 2012 .
Is his left palm facing upward / skyward ? Has he allowed his hands to roll over ?
And you have just proved my point in the earlier post about not reading what I have said

Therefore, I have nothing further to add to this thread

Turtle rancher,

You are now getting to the little known key to the golf swing. Your hands and arms are circling around close to your torso on an inclined plane / arc . The clubface is circling down and around on an inclined arc / plane .
It is the rotation of the torso / inner circle that squares the face , not the HANDS .
a great illustration is the GOAT ( debateable , I know ) below. If his intentions were to hit / throw / provide power with his HANDS he would have had to use them before this still frame. He has used up approx. 150 milliseconds of the 200 milliseconds alloted for the DS. And - it is impossible for any human to decide at this fleeting moment in time to decide he wants to release . The human brain can only send and receive messages at approx. 1/10 seconds . That is why so many great players have incorrectly described what they were doing their swing. What they felt they were performing had already occurred.
Only a superhuman could do that and I don’t know any of those.
thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• 34B71AA4-B287-44F5-A922-F8BA4AA6C16C.jpeg
    34B71AA4-B287-44F5-A922-F8BA4AA6C16C.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3
Turtle rancher,

You are now getting to the little known key to the golf swing. Your hands and arms are circling around close to your torso on an inclined plane / arc . The clubface is circling down and around on an inclined arc / plane .
It is the rotation of the torso / inner circle that squares the face , not the HANDS .
a great illustration is the GOAT ( debateable , I know ) below. If his intentions were to hit / throw / provide power with his HANDS he would have had to use them before this still frame. He has used up approx. 150 milliseconds of the 200 milliseconds alloted for the DS. And - it is impossible for any human to decide at this fleeting moment in time to decide he wants to release . The human brain can only send and receive messages at approx. 1/10 seconds . That is why so many great players have incorrectly described what they were doing their swing. What they felt they were performing had already occurred.
Only a superhuman could do that and I don’t know any of those.
thanks for your reply.
why don't you tell us something we don't already know instead of all of the mumbo jumbo of the mind/body is pre-programmed? YOU have said that a golfer has to overcome this "natural" action. If you are training the hands to do something "unnatural" why would the body follow an unnatural demand.

you're talking to pretty experienced golfers here and most realize that timing the hands is at best unreliable; some days ok others not so much.

I just happen to think that the hands react/move due to centrifugal/centripetal force and flow into a natural release the same as a "flail" theory or GM "endless belt".

Besides, I wash my hands pretty regularly and can't do a thing with them afterwards!!:LOL:

Once I take my grip and stance the last thing I want to think of is my hands. Turn baby, TURN!

R,
Well - there you have it . No sense in replying to my post anymore . Obviously, I don’t know what I am talking about and you are not wIlling to consider my thought and facts so- I wish you great success at this game in the future.
Nice discussing with you !
Cheers.

R,
Well - there you have it . No sense in replying to my post anymore . Obviously, I don’t know what I am talking about and you are not wIlling to consider my thought and facts so- I wish you great success at this game in the future.
Nice discussing with you !
Cheers.
na, I just think you found a new toy, have had some success with it, and had to sign into a forum board and share.

reminds me of an old saying; wherever you go, there you are.

Sure there is a contingency of golfers that thirst for information, and I am one of them, to an extent.
A lot of this superfluous info is good to know, but most do not need it or even care that it exists.

golf really boils down to a couple of things:
clear the hips so you can swing from the inside
hit the little ball before the big ball
the less the hands do the better.
confidence.

Last edited:
R,
The info I post is not a toy to me . My post are based in facts and truths, not theory and/or opinion! Most just follow the herd . That is much easier than doing the research which requires some effort.
If you regard your dominant hands as being of no value in the golf swing maybe you don’t need to use them for eating, driving your car and the millions of other task they perform in your everyday life?
But- we all have the choice to believe what we consider as being FACTUAL or INCORRECT.
Great hearing from you , as always !

R,
The info I post is not a toy to me . My post are based in facts and truths, not theory and/or opinion! Most just follow the herd . That is much easier than doing the research which requires some effort.
If you regard your dominant hands as being of no value in the golf swing maybe you don’t need to use them for eating, driving your car and the millions of other task they perform in your everyday life?
But- we all have the choice to believe what we consider as being FACTUAL or INCORRECT.
Great hearing from you , as always !
they're valuable; they hold on to the golf club. I've retrained them to do nothing else, well most of the time. Every once in a while they rear their ugly head and get involved wrecking my swing. I let my body swing the club and let the shoulders/torso close the club face....most nigh all the time.

Show me where the left palm is pointing upwards during the downswing?
Players who shut the clubface by rotating the forearms counter-clockwise during the backswing are supinating their target forearm. Practically every tour professional with a strong target hand grip is turning his lead palm upwards while his trail arm is pushing the lead hand down during take away. Supination is palm up, pronation is palm down when the forearms are below the elbow. This reverses once the forearms get above the elbow. The feelings I have in my swing as a righty is left palm up to left palm down during the backswing, and left palm palm up to left palm down through impact into the follow through.

Players who shut the clubface by rotating the forearms counter-clockwise during the backswing are supinating their target forearm. Practically every tour professional with a strong target hand grip is turning his lead palm upwards while his trail arm is pushing the lead hand down during take away. Supination is palm up, pronation is palm down when the forearms are below the elbow. This reverses once the forearms get above the elbow. The feelings I have in my swing as a righty is left palm up to left palm down during the backswing, and left palm palm up to left palm down through impact into the follow through.
Lead palm and dominate palm are two different critters.(unless you're the Doctor).

Luchnia,
Give me a break , PLEASE . Maybe you might watch * Moe Norman shows his Master Move , Vertical Drop, Coin Drill . Golf Swing instruction -video before you tell me about Moe !
Hou can apologize for your erroneous statement at any time.
Not sure why you could even begin to assume that I know nothing of Moe Norman's golf swing from a post in a golf forum or any golf swing for that matter. I don't claim to be an expert, but I am not dumb about it either. IMO that is a poor judgment call on your part. When a person has to prove their expertise over others through typed text in an electronic chat forum there is nothing of value from the discussion as far as I am concerned. Sharing info is received much better than clubbing someone with it.

You do you and I will do me and let others do what they desire. Hopefully you can find respect for these folks posting in this thread and not throw mental arrows at them as each one of them has something of value to add to the discussion. I often find many gold nuggets of wisdom from the THP posters.

Lead palm and dominate palm are two different critters.(unless you're the Doctor).
It can get very confusing especially for those who have a flip release. These players don't have a concept of squaring up the clubface and hands to the swing plane before impact. They are relying on the club to do this and over time have learnt to flip the clubface over by uncocking and recocking the wrists at the bottom of the swing - radial deviation to radial deviation plus rotation.

Don't try to make sense of this. He's preached the same stuff on another site for years. Don't feed the troll.
Thanks Carolina, nudged him a little closer to my list. 😉

Don't try to make sense of this. He's preached the same stuff on another site for years. Don't feed the troll.
Thanks for the update. I was not aware of that.

This has been going on since 2013. He's going to run out of sites.

Hoganstriker
Posted August 21, 2013
"All you will hear from Lane is more of the same. He is confused because he call his opinions facts. Other opinions that diverge from his are untruth. It's impossible to interact with him in my opinion. I saw him on another site. Finally they just banned him because they couldn't take it."

Last edited:
What happens when someone has no dominate hand? Asking since I have been tested for dexterity and hand dominance due to a work injury twice and both times have tested at over 98 % ambidextrous with no clear hand dominance ? 🤔
And to add confusion, I'm left eye dominant and golf right handed! 🤣

What happens when someone has no dominate hand? Asking since I have been tested for dexterity and hand dominance due to a work injury twice and both times have tested at over 98 % ambidextrous with no clear hand dominance ? 🤔
You should be on tour, most elite golfers are ambidextrous.😆

Very interesting.

My right hand/arm is my strongest (right handed) and my left hand/arm has gotten a bit weaker over the years. I am 66. In my swing I find that if I allow my left arm to pull in toward my body as I go through the ball to the follow-through the ball will always wind up left of the target. I have to make a mental focus of keeping my left arm straight through the swing.

R,
I prefer to think that their is no such thing as a lead hand and a trail hand. Both hands are attached to the butt end of the lever and both contribute to * controlling that lever .* However , researchers and Neurologist many years discovered that the left side of a righties brain * controls * right side movements And more than 80 % of it dedicated to that task. That is an absolute fact ! We also know that their is direct connection between the brain and it’s dominant right hand. Since that is the case ( factual ) then it only makes sense that more conscious effort should be applied to it to * control * the shaft / lever during the swing. Never to hit or throw with .
Their are many ways to teach yourself the proper use on your hands. I quote the brilliant researcher and author , Gerry Hogan ,” you can make sure the watch or the back of you left hand is facing upward during and through the shot - you can make sure the palm of your right hand is facing upward , or you can make sure your dominant thumb stays back and down and never rolls horizontally over your little finger , or your make sure the knuckles of your right hand are pointing down at the ground .”
All of these above are have the same affect . They keep the hands from rolling over as they are GENETICALLY DESIGNED which they always will unless you force / teach them not to. And — this is of critical importance to those of you pull / hook and slice shots.
As always, it is up to the player to believe or to ignore my post. I understand that my post seem directly opposed the the normal instruction and I also understand that most will ignore / deny facts. That is your choice . I am just trying to open minds to something I consider very special !
Thanks and wishing you great success in this game.

Carolina Golfer ,

I will be the first to offer my apologies if I have posted something that is not FACTUAL and I would certainly appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can do so IMMEDIATELY. I detest false info !!!
Please be specific , but please do your homework BC I feel like I am pretty well versed on this subject .
I look forward to your corrections !!!!!

Thanks

Turtlerancher,

Ambidextrous people amaze me . I have only known a few who played golf and it is amazing to see them swing either way . I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous!
Kidding aside - If you play as a rightie rhe mere intent of raising / lifting the shaft back causing the right side LAT and BACK muscles are doing the pulling . As the human is genetically designed, whatever happens on one side of the body creates an opposite effect on its opposite side which causes those left side LAT and BACK to *** STRETCH *** . These STRETCHED powerful LEFT side TORSO muscles are the ONLY POWER SOURCE and will automatically obey the signals / command of its DOMINANT HANDS and IMMEDIATELY begin to PULL /ROTATE back around left over it lower body to provide the necessary power to propel any object any distance.
I hope this answers your question and makes sense to you.
Thanks

Back