Turtle rancher,

You can easily prove this to yourself by simply grabbing a door frame with you right hand an pull on it . You will immediately feel this happening .

Far as I know, people's brains are in their heads and it is the brain that sends electrical impulses to our muscles causing movement. Our hands are just slaves to our brain just like the rest of our body.

Carolina Golfer ,

I will be the first to offer my apologies if I have posted something that is not FACTUAL and I would certainly appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can do so IMMEDIATELY. I detest false info !!!
Please be specific , but please do your homework BC I feel like I am pretty well versed on this subject .
I look forward to your corrections !!!!!

Thanks

Lane, I don't think we are against your content. It's just the way you are communicating it. I am sure it's because you found something that works and you want to share it. That's great. But, your delivery is off and some of your responses are sarcastic and just in bad taste. What's really cool about THP is how people are supportive and respectful of each others ideas and comments. That's hard to find in a golf forum.

Turtlerancher,
You are exactly correct. The amazing human brain constantly sends commands to it’s dominant hands to perform task . Most of these are in our subconscious mind and our hands carry out these orders unquestionably. The body will ALWAYS obey the commands of it‘s dominant hands unquestionably. The body will always accommodate the path that it’s hands desire to travel .

Far as I know, people's brains are in their heads and it is the brain that sends electrical impulses to our muscles causing movement. Our hands are just slaves to our brain just like the rest of our body.
It is a simple but fascinating process - repetition or practice brings improvement. Greg Norman was once asked by a radio announcer how long it took him to get a new golf shot down and his response was 10 thousand golf balls and he would have the shot down.

It is said that Moe Norman hit 800 balls a day while he was learning. Most great golfers worked extremely hard at the game and learned what works best for them. I enjoy golf, but don't think I could have ever put that type of effort into it even when I was a young man.

R,
I prefer to think that their is no such thing as a lead hand and a trail hand. Both hands are attached to the butt end of the lever and both contribute to * controlling that lever .* However , researchers and Neurologist many years discovered that the left side of a righties brain * controls * right side movements And more than 80 % of it dedicated to that task. That is an absolute fact ! We also know that their is direct connection between the brain and it’s dominant right hand. Since that is the case ( factual ) then it only makes sense that more conscious effort should be applied to it to * control * the shaft / lever during the swing. Never to hit or throw with .
Their are many ways to teach yourself the proper use on your hands. I quote the brilliant researcher and author , Gerry Hogan ,” you can make sure the watch or the back of you left hand is facing upward during and through the shot - you can make sure the palm of your right hand is facing upward , or you can make sure your dominant thumb stays back and down and never rolls horizontally over your little finger , or your make sure the knuckles of your right hand are pointing down at the ground .”
All of these above are have the same affect . They keep the hands from rolling over as they are GENETICALLY DESIGNED which they always will unless you force / teach them not to. And — this is of critical importance to those of you pull / hook and slice shots.
As always, it is up to the player to believe or to ignore my post. I understand that my post seem directly opposed the the normal instruction and I also understand that most will ignore / deny facts. That is your choice . I am just trying to open minds to something I consider very special !
Thanks and wishing you great success in this game.
1. ;)the research doesn't apply to me. I'm left handed so the right side of the brain controls mine. ;)
2. I would never, NEVER listen to anyone that said the palm of the rear hand is facing up all the way thru the golf swing. I say rear to keep from righty/lefty confusion. , Now most of the way down, yeah, but not all the way thru. I've read golf instruction, as well as archery and other things for years and years substituting left for right and right for left.
3. I don't think you control the hands in a golf down swing, they're along for the ride after having been setup in the back swing unless the control is to keep them out of the golf swing.
4. I think I'll take your previous suggestion.

Your goat doesn't keep his rear palm skyward.

Last edited:
obey the signals / command of its DOMINANT HANDS and IMMEDIATELY begin to PULL /ROTATE back around left over it lower body to provide the necessary power to propel any object any distance.
I hope this answers your question and makes sense to you.
Thanks

You are exactly correct. The amazing human brain constantly sends commands
Stop contradicting yourself and talking in circles, one post says your hands next states your brain sends signals.
I know my brain sends a signal to start a backswing with a weight shift and a turning of my torso as my body coils from the bottom up. Downswing starts the same, weight shift forward followed by a firing of my hips, the rest just follows.

Mig,
Thanks for your reply and info. Since I have a passion for this game and a desire to learn please point out where I am wrong and where the power and control comes from in the swing ?
I appreciate your reply .

Turtlerancher,
I would suggest you stop repeating what you hear or read from others and do some research on your own . When I hear and read this * *coiling and uncoiling * crap from so - called swing experts i immediately know they have little , if any, knowledge about how the human body functions. Snakes and springs ** coil **, muscles can only ** stretch ** and * PULL .* and they are constantly pulling on our 206 bones to form levers.
Studying research done years ago by Dr. Wayne Penfield * Cortical Homunculus * is good place to start educating oneself so you will be armed with the -FACTS.
Wishing you Good luck !

1. ;)the research doesn't apply to me. I'm left handed so the right side of the brain controls mine. ;)
2. I would never, NEVER listen to anyone that said the palm of the rear hand is facing up all the way thru the golf swing. I say rear to keep from righty/lefty confusion. , Now most of the way down, yeah, but not all the way thru. I've read golf instruction, as well as archery and other things for years and years substituting left for right and right for left.
3. I don't think you control the hands in a golf down swing, they're along for the ride after having been setup in the back swing unless the control is to keep them out of the golf swing.
4. I think I'll take your previous suggestion.

Your goat doesn't keep his rear palm skyward.

A video of David Duval when he was No.1 would reveal that his rear palm faced upwards throughout the downswing. Duval had the strongest grip coupled with an internally rotated left shoulder (the elbow pointing at the target) which made the grip setup even stronger. He needed to return to impact with the left palm down /right palm up to square the clubface. He played with a power fade.
He went to David Leadbetter and then to Hank Haney and changed to a weaker grip. Then lost his game like many No1s who go down this path.

A video of David Duval when he was No.1 would reveal that his rear palm faced upwards throughout the downswing. Duval had the strongest grip coupled with an internally rotated left shoulder (the elbow pointing at the target) which made the grip setup even stronger. He needed to return to impact with the left palm down /right palm up to square the clubface. He played with a power fade.
He went to David Leadbetter and then to Hank Haney and changed to a weaker grip. Then lost his game like many No1s who go down this path.

Looks to me he came back to impact position. Not facing up. Maybe not exactly facing the target, but not holding a serving platter either. He had one of the most extreme body rotations in history.

dd.JPG28dd.JPGalmost normal pga position just with the stronger grip29dd.JPGrolled over back to impact position. Yes, it was in a strong position, but I wouldn't call it facing the sky like the middle picture is. You can see the back of his hand.

Last edited:
Turtlerancher,
I would suggest you stop repeating what you hear or read from others and do some research on your own . When I hear and read this * *coiling and uncoiling * crap from so - called swing experts i immediately know they have little , if any, knowledge about how the human body functions. Snakes and springs ** coil **, muscles can only ** stretch ** and * PULL .* and they are constantly pulling on our 206 bones to form levers.
Studying research done years ago by Dr. Wayne Penfield * Cortical Homunculus * is good place to start educating oneself so you will be armed with the -FACTS.
Wishing you Good luck !
snakes coil with their muscles. why can't humans use their muscle to get into a strike position; coiled? It may not look like a snake, but the body is stretched and loaded and ready to be released just as a spring is stretched/compressed and ready to release it's energy.

May not be the exact term that needs to be used, but people(reasonable people) know what they are speaking of.

Turtlerancher,
Wishing you Good luck !
I fully understand stand the stretching and compression in my muscles when I "coil" since I do have a knowledge of Kinesiology from competitive swimming, downhill racing and, soccer. I am also quite capable of independent thought and reaching my own conclusions. I would suggest you take your own advice and stop repeating the same "crap" over and over that you have read!

PS: You still haven't answered my question, is it the hands or brain that sends signal to the body? You have stated both! 🙄

I fully understand stand the stretching and compression in my muscles when I "coil" since I do have a knowledge of Kinesiology from competitive swimming, downhill racing and, soccer. I am also quite capable of independent thought and reaching my own conclusions. I would suggest you take your own advice and stop repeating the same "crap" over and over that you have read!

PS: You still haven't answered my question, is it the hands or brain that sends signal to the body? You have stated both! 🙄
I kinda asked that question on, I believe, page 4. all I got was "good questions". good luck!

I kinda asked that question on, I believe, page 4. all I got was "good questions". good luck!
Oh I can be stubborn, just ask my wife! 😛

Oh I can be stubborn, just ask my wife! 😛
IMO you just took some good old basic 1 plus 1 common sense and laid it on the table. Brains sends the info to the muscles. It may be complex in all that it does, but it is simple too. Often we find simple truth to outweigh the thought garbage.

I keep thinking about the hands to the mouth thing and the watch facing up to the sky and how they have absolutely NOTHING to do with a good golf swing. I see guys nut a golf ball with all types of swings. Even saw a guy with his right hand almost under the club!

My youngest son at 38 yrs swings a golf club like a baseball swing and he can smoke some ridiculous drives. Clocked his SS the other day at 115.9 - not bad for a 38 year old. He called me the other day and told me he was in a charity tourney and they had a "drive off" and he got one out there to 322, but he was beat out 3 yards by a younger guy hitting one 325.

This whole thing is kind of like saying, if you put your hands to your mouth, then when you drive a nail with a hammer it is the same function. Who swings a hammer driving a nail like they would put food to their mouths? I could go on a rant, but 'nuff stated. :ROFLMAO:

IMO you just took some good old basic 1 plus 1 common sense and laid it on the table. Brains sends the info to the muscles. It may be complex in all that it does, but it is simple too. Often we find simple truth to outweigh the thought garbage.

I keep thinking about the hands to the mouth thing and the watch facing up to the sky and how they have absolutely NOTHING to do with a good golf swing. I see guys nut a golf ball with all types of swings. Even saw a guy with his right hand almost under the club!

My youngest son at 38 yrs swings a golf club like a baseball swing and he can smoke some ridiculous drives. Clocked his SS the other day at 115.9 - not bad for a 38 year old. He called me the other day and told me he was in a charity tourney and they had a "drive off" and he got one out there to 322, but he was beat out 3 yards by a younger guy hitting one 325.

This whole thing is kind of like saying, if you put your hands to your mouth, then when you drive a nail with a hammer it is the same function. Who swings a hammer driving a nail like they would put food to their mouths? I could go on a rant, but 'nuff stated. :ROFLMAO:
and I thought I was the only one!

R,
How many times do I have to say it ? How many different illustrations do I have to make ——

OF COURSE THE BRAIN MAKE * CONTROLS * EVERYTHING AND SENDS MESSAGES TO THE BODY TO PERFORM THEM !!! !
BUT - WHAT PART OF THE BODY RECEIVES THOSE MESSAGES AND CARRIES THEM OUT ? IS IT YOUR FEET, LEGS, HIPS , TOES , NOSE, ANKLES , SHOULDERS, ELBOWS , ETC; ? DID ANY OF THOSE TYPE YOUR REPLY TO ME? DO THEY STEER YOUR CAR FOR YOU ? DO THEY CUT YOUR STEAK ? DO THEY TIE YOUR SHOES FOR YOU ? DO THEY OPEN THE DOOR , BUTTON SHIRTS, BRUSH TEETH ? WERE YOU BORN ALREADY KNOWING HOW TO TIE SHOELACES AND TIES ? MAYBE YOU WERE DIFFERENT THAN MOST ? WERE YOU BORN WITH THE ABILITY TO BRING FOOD TO YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT EVER MISSING IT - OR , NOT LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL HUMANS WHO HAD TO TEACH OUR *** DOMINATE HANDS *** WHERE OUR MOUTH WAS LOCATED AND HOW TO HOLD THAT IMPLEMENT USED FOR THE TASK !
I wish that was born in us. I had to wipe lots of food off my children’s chin, cheeks and nose .

PLEASE INFORM ME WHICH ONE OF THOSE PERFORMS THE MILLIONS OF EVERYDAY TASK FOR YOU ? Obviously, it is NOT YOUR HANDS , YOU SAY ? SO - WHAT IS IT ?

R,
How many times do I have to say it ? How many different illustrations do I have to make ——

OF COURSE THE BRAIN MAKE * CONTROLS * EVERYTHING AND SENDS MESSAGES TO THE BODY TO PERFORM THEM !!! !
BUT - WHAT PART OF THE BODY RECEIVES THOSE MESSAGES AND CARRIES THEM OUT ? IS IT YOUR FEET, LEGS, HIPS , TOES , NOSE, ANKLES , SHOULDERS, ELBOWS , ETC; ? DID ANY OF THOSE TYPE YOUR REPLY TO ME? DO THEY STEER YOUR CAR FOR YOU ? DO THEY CUT YOUR STEAK ? DO THEY TIE YOUR SHOES FOR YOU ? DO THEY OPEN THE DOOR , BUTTON SHIRTS, BRUSH TEETH ? WERE YOU BORN ALREADY KNOWING HOW TO TIE SHOELACES AND TIES ? MAYBE YOU WERE DIFFERENT THAN MOST ? WERE YOU BORN WITH THE ABILITY TO BRING FOOD TO YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT EVER MISSING IT - OR , NOT LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL HUMANS WHO HAD TO TEACH OUR *** DOMINATE HANDS *** WHERE OUR MOUTH WAS LOCATED AND HOW TO HOLD THAT IMPLEMENT USED FOR THE TASK !
I wish that was born in us. I had to wipe lots of food off my children’s chin, cheeks and nose .

PLEASE INFORM ME WHICH ONE OF THOSE PERFORMS THE MILLIONS OF EVERYDAY TASK FOR YOU ? Obviously, it is NOT YOUR HANDS , YOU SAY ? SO - WHAT IS IT ?
you answering me from page 4 or are you just as confused on who you're talking to??

at least 5 more pages worth!

Turtlerancher,

(y)— I am just trying to share some special stuff I have learned. Things that helped me score my age and under since I was 67 and I am 82 now and scoring under my age is automatic from the member tees. My upcoming knee surgery will curtail my golf for a while. I am used to hitting hundreds of balls daily . I am addicted .

Luchnia,
Matt Kuchar ( the walking ATM Machine ) and Mr. 59 below seem to understand how the hands should perform . They understand that the HANDS do not square the face . When the lever is still intact at 90 degrees between his arms and shaft this far in his DS David is aware that his rotating torso will square it. To late to change or alter the process he programmed before bring the lever down.

Attachments

• F91F30AB-C1D5-4C61-807C-AF98F9D482CE.jpeg
    F91F30AB-C1D5-4C61-807C-AF98F9D482CE.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 64A55AFF-FA13-4684-B372-17C718485DEE.jpeg
    64A55AFF-FA13-4684-B372-17C718485DEE.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
Back