Next Career Grand Slam

Who will be the next to complete the career grand slam?

• Mickelson

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • McIlroy

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Koepka

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Spieth

Votes: 48 44.9%
  • Morikawa

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • A different golfer

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • No current golfer will complete the career grand slam

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • DJ

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
My heart wants it to be Rory but Morikawa is a force and is one of the best ball strikers of our generation. If I had to place a wager it would have to be on him.

I'm picking DJ only to be different haha

You have to think of all the guys right now, Spieth has the best opportunity. When Morikawa wins his next one and it's not a PGA or Open, I think the slider moves in his favor.

I think both Spieth and Morikawa will do it. Morikawa seems tailor made for a US Open so I like his chances to win that one. Think Augusta might be a touch harder for him but think he'll get one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spieth won the next PGA.... I wouldn't be surprised if Morikawa wins the next US Open and/or Masters. It's between them two.

I would be ecstatic if that prick Koepka never won another one.

I kind of think it is Spieth next.

I think McIlroy gets the Masters at some point too and Morikawa looks like a lock to get the career grandslam at this point with his start. I'm hesitant to say Koepka gets both. He's good enough but I think he ends up piling up a couple more in the PGA and US Open and maybe gets a Masters. Feels like he might get to 7 total but think he misses the career grandslam.

It is crazy that Rory was leading with the back nine to go at Augusta years ago and still hasn't won there.

It is crazy that Rory was leading with the back nine to go at Augusta years ago and still hasn't won there.
ANGC is Rory's White Whale...it will elude him. He may come close once.or twice, but it will always get the better of him.

It is so early in tournament but Brooks if he gets back to form could do it. Or I could of just jinxed him

Resurrecting old thread.....

I think Spieth. The PGA is the easiest one left

1680899340317.png

I said Jordan, and hopefully #NeverRory

I think Spieth gets it done. Then no one else for a long time.

I put Spieth because unfairly the PGA seems the most doable

I think Spieth. The PGA is the easiest one left
I thought the PGA while slightly easier course is the toughest of fields due to qualification standards. The Masters is smallest field and a good chunck really has no shot to win.

Although it seems like he is permanently jinxed at Augusta, I say Rory will get a Masters.

Either Koepka (if he stays healthy) or Speith. Rory obviously has a mental block with Augusta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Rahm has to enter the conversation at this point. He has 2, and is probably at the peak of his career right now. He's probably more likely than anybody else to get it done given his current play.

I think Speith gets it done. He just needs the PGA to be at the right course for his game.
I don’t think Phil ever gets it. US open at his age would be an incredible feat

I think Morikawa and Rahm both have a decent chance of doing it at some point. Brooks probably has a decent chance too.

Could you imagine if Phil gets his U.S. Open in 2024 at Pinehurst#2? 25 years after losing to Payne by 1 stroke?!? I know my wife would allow me to bet on that! She watched her first golf tournament ever with me this weekend, The Masters, and after explaining the LIV/PGA split, she instantly said, explains why they all are up there, makes it more watchable! Can’t say I disagree with her either! It made it exponentially better to watch! I love this woman, puts it all in perspective in an instant! 👍😂

Last edited:
Jon Rahm has to enter the conversation at this point. He has 2, and is probably at the peak of his career right now. He's probably more likely than anybody else to get it done given his current play.

He clearly has the game to win the Open Championship and the PGA. He also is young enough. I like his chances.

Actually, I agree with your initial Rahm take too, he’s why I voted other on the poll!

Either Koepka (if he stays healthy) or Speith. Rory obviously has a mental block with Augusta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts as well. Spieth only needs the PGA, which should come now that he's gotten some form back. Koepka obviously plays well at Augusta when healthy and cut his teeth on Euro courses, has four top tens in Open championships. Even managed a T4 in 21 while injured. I wouldn't be surprised if they both get there.

Back