The best shot of the round

That's a really well thought out play. Despite the general advice to putt whenever you can, you've described perfectly one of the situations where you are better off with a chip or a pitch shot (assuming reasonable competency in hitting chips and pitches). Well done.

Agreed. My biggest fear was chewing up the putting green but I thought about a Steve Stricker type of swing and just trusting the bounce. It turned out perfect and didn’t leave a mark on the green.

I got out for 18 today and had a ball. As often happens with this game, four singles got thrown together and got along wonderfully having a great time together for 4 hours as they got to know each other.

Since I had all pars today, we'll go with one of the more challenging up and down shots as BSOTR. Specifically, a 35-yard pitch on a steep downhill lie to a back pin 2 paces off the back of the green. Pitch was right on line and stopped 5 feet from the hole and sunk the putt.

I don't know if it was the best shot, but me and @PowerThrust both hit good drives on #13 and ended up with this (psst...mine's in front):p:

IMG_0819.png

Last edited:

View attachment 9017131

We played a game today. It was called Wait on the Mower Guy Forever, and then he just doesn't leave, just waves you to hit at him, so try not to kill him to hit pins.

This was a good start to that game from 89y for an easy birdie. Worker wasn't fast with his actual task, but he was with thumbs ups whenever I stuck one. Lol

Our mower guys are fearless, they dare you!!!

Not one but 2 par 5’s today I hit beautiful 5 hybrid from 200 yard out and stuck the green. One within 3 ft the other 25 ft. Had to go over a tree and fade it on the 25 ft. They were both great and I won’t forget them. Both out of the rough.

Our mower guys are fearless, they dare you!!!

Crazy enough to want smoking knockdowns in from almost 190 right at their feet?!? They were driving us crazy. They were at the back, waving us up, so I do my thing and look up and he's right by the hole. Can tell by reaction that despite him seeming to enjoy it, I was pretty much over it. Not out there to kill anybody. We waited for them to finish on the next (last).

Had one back in Nebraska who would stand on the mower with his arms out and yell for you to hit him, but that was different, because with him you kind of wanted to. :LOL:

Crazy enough to want smoking knockdowns in from almost 190 right at their feet?!? They were driving us crazy. They were at the back, waving us up, so I do my thing and look up and he's right by the hole. Can tell by reaction that despite him seeming to enjoy it, I was pretty much over it. Not out there to kill anybody. We waited for them to finish on the next (last).

I think they been hit so many times it’s nothing to them. Seriously our mower guy just keep going. No care in the world. Grounds keeper almost got taken out today. Right as my buddy goes into his back swing he skirts out into the middle of our fairway as a into the wind low liner is flying right at him. We are all yelling and he drives off clueless to anything. Ball missed him by 2 ft at the most.

That’s how you open a round. No warmup either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5d0d567481c174cf3b545ffe8ea9f67b.jpg

18 holes of golf today and honestly, I don’t think I had a great shot.

8 iron from a fairway bunker 167 out to a back pin. Hit it on a rope landed 9 feet for birdie, drained it.

3w right into the bottleneck (247yds) that left me a sand wedge to the pin. Glad I didn't play driver...

15th hole, par 5 with water in front of the green

Hit a decent drive over the brow of the hill and had around 245yds to the front of the green, so no way I am reaching
7i lay up that took a firm bounce in the fairway left me just under 60yds to the front of the green
54° wedge and I landed it just onto the green where it bounced once and tracked towards the hole, hit the flag and dropped for the eagle

Something with a driver. I couldn't do much right and I couldn't get home on the green afterwards, but I was really smashing the driver today. I had one that went nearly 300 with roll, which is a SMASH for me.

Last edited:
Best shot of the round for me was my approach on the par 5 9th at Riverwalk which plays as the hardest hole on the course and has been my nemesis. It plays 550 with water running about 430-500 with a very tough approach with trouble for every miss. In 20+ rounds I have one bogey and the rest double or triple there.

My drive and lay up were both left so I was in a brutal spot for approach. 215 to the pin at the worst approach angle off to the left and a 15ft mound in front of me so I had no view of the green or anything around it. Picked a line over the hill and smashed a 5 hybrid to about 10 ft past the pin. Nailed a tough birdie putt for my first ever birdie there to lock in my best ever 9 hole score (41). Still ecstatic with that shot.

I got an undeserved birdie on the Dubsdread course.. pushed my drive right and had a perfect window and hit a punch 9 iron to 6 feet and made the putt.

110 yard par 3 second hole at my home course. All of my playing partners had the pin surrounded, with the longest putt in the ten foot range. Stepped up and stuffed my 50 degree wedge to two feet.

Chip in for birdie from just short of the green on a par 3

#11 today, had 140 to a very elevated green with a huge drop off the right side. I pull it a little left and get myself in a horrible position on a steep downslope 5 yards off the green chipping onto a downslope on a super fast green with no green to work with. My playing partner said “you are in trouble now”
I proceed to jokingly say,”watch this go in for birdie”.
I chipped it into the fringe and it rolled into the cup like a putt for birdie.
This shot played out exactly how I pictured it which was great on a day when I was not putting well

Tournament play yesterday. BSOTR was any and all chips and pitches inside 60 yards. I was 9 of 11 in up and downs on the round. Pop and stops, bump and runs, knockdowns, and pitches. It was all clicking.

Played 36 yesterday. Can’t really think of a best shot but I do remember my favorite shot. Had about 18 out and hit my 52° yo about 10 feet just above the pin. Felt like such a perfect golf shot and exactly how I envisioned it

guess my 4H heard me say it's a 200 and under club...because, after i topped a tee shot 120yds, i ripped off a 224yd approach with the 4H that put me just short and right of the green.

138y left to a short pin over a bunker… there was a back stop so typically I would play a 140y carry, which is an 8i these days for me.

I only brought out 7 clubs in a Sunday bag since it was a dawn patrol quick 9, so the 8i was in my car, not my bag.

There was about 5 paces of green between the bunker and the pin and it funnels towards the hole, so I leaned on a 9i, hit that spot and rolled down to 5 feet, made the birdie putt.

Back