Flu shot, shingles shot, or any other vaccine. Did yiou have a poor reaction?

i always get a little sick after the flu shot. never had the singles shot but did have shingles and they SUCK.

A buddy got the Moderna shot on Monday and said he felt like crap Tuesday and Wednesday and still didn't feel great yesterday. He's about 30 but I can't remember if he said it was the first or 2nd shot.

Flu shots, Covid Vax- no reactions at all. I actually thought there was something wrong when I didn't have any reaction to the Covid shots. Barely felt them going in and no after effects whatsoever.

Only time I had a reaction was the first of the two Shingles shots. The site became a bit sore and I couldn't sleep on that side for one night. 2nd shot, same arm- no problems.

Don't get the flu shot because the two times I've gotten it, about 4-6 weeks later I get really sick with flu like symptoms that last a week or so. Since I haven't gotten it, (about the last 5 years) I haven't been sick.

Covid, the arm was sore the next day as well as feeling wooly in the head and tired.

Shingrix 1, arm hurt for about a week.

Shingrix 2, arm hurt for a few days and felt like hammered 💩 for 2 days.

I had a poor reaction to the HPV vaccine when I was in highschool. Got very light headed shortly after receiving it

Don't get the flu shot because the two times I've gotten it, about 4-6 weeks later I get really sick with flu like symptoms that last a week or so. Since I haven't gotten it, (about the last 5 years) I haven't been sick.

Covid, the arm was sore the next day as well as feeling wooly in the head and tired.

Shingrix 1, arm hurt for about a week.

Shingrix 2, arm hurt for a few days and felt like hammered 💩 for 2 days.

This is a mighty small sample size of one! Just because you reacted bady, which I think you are overstating since even what you wrote doesn;t seem that bad, how does that relate to the rest of us?

This is a mighty small sample size of one! Just because you reacted bady, which I think you are overstating since even what you wrote doesn;t seem that bad, how does that relate to the rest of us?
I probably should have said I don't get the flu shot...you're reading too much into my comment.

Some years the flu shot makes me a little tired and out of sorts the next day but most years it doesn't bother me at all.

The first COVID shot made my arm really sore and it took three days to completely go away but I didn't feel sick or anything like that. Second COVID shot didn't bother me at all.

Had annual flu shot for many years , zero reactions and complications.
Have hep a and b boosters, tetanus.
lve had approx 8 needles this year , several blood tests check up stuff
I’ve had COVID shot az, zero issues no soreness headaches etc
l think I am fairly resilient ,

l think depends on tolerance and also attitude, the Bottom line is vaccines for a variety of illness and diseases save lives and have done many years yes there maybe episodes of issue or reaction . The flip side is you wouldn’t be here ,if you didn’t have them ....

So, being one of the resident old guys, I have had the COVID, Shingles and annual Flu shots. There are so many variables in play here that these threads can sometimes go way off line. I mean blood type, age, weight, fitness, etc. What you ate for breakfast, how hydrated you are, frequency of OTC pain killer, vitamins/supplements and prescriptions.

Me, have not had noticeably long or discouraging issues from any of the shots, flu usually being worst feeling a bit out of sorts the next day, the others, just localized pain, I think one of the Shingles did hurt locally longer than the other.

I am not on any meds other than allergy, I have been severely overweight and also proper weight for age/height. The rest is pretty ordinary.

No problems with previous vaccines or shots. But I am a Boomer and we got vaccines - did not question them. When my children were presented with a host of vaccines as babies, we said "Slow it down, Doc. Let's phase it in slowly." So we did.

As to Covid, sore upper arm on first shot, a little fatigue on second. Got a rash a month later, but don't know if it is related. Took an antihistamine for a few days and it was gone.

No big deal on Covid - it's about protecting yourself, your family, and others.

I had a bad reaction to the Hep A vaccine when I was young. Put me in the hospital for 48hrs. That is why I was nervous about the COVID vax but I had no reaction other than sore arm.

Kind of reminds me of when the New York Yankees were building the "new" Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, and some people were complaining about how it was Inconveniencing some locals. The Mayor of NYC was on a newcast and said, something like, this, "Does anyone out there think that no one was inconvenienced by the construction of the original Yankee Stadium? Of course there were!"

Now I see people bitching about a sore arm! What a gang of wussies we have become!

Back