Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 wedges

NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
13.4 GHIN
Wow.... got the chance to give put a few swings on the 56 and 60 after a driver fitting this weekend. I really like these wedges. The high toe brings back memories of the Eye 2’s that i always wanted to game, the feel was great and I struck them really well. Just a quick test, but these may be on the radar for future wedge ponderings... not often i feel THAT positive about a club after such a short tryout.

Anybody gaming these? If so..... are they as good as i think they are?

I’ve been gaming the eye 2 56 degree for about 12 months. One of my favourite clubs in the bag. I saw a noticeable improvement in my wedge play after putting this in the bag. It’s the only 56 degree wedge I’ve been able to hit full shots with. It’s great out of the sand, and the sole is so forgiving that even if I hit a bit of a duffy pitch shot, more often than not, I’ll get away with it. I’m a huge fan of these wedges.

I have a 54 and 58 in the Eye 2. Partly me getting better but these are the best wedges I've played. Very forgiving for not completely being in the same class as the CBX, Mack Daddy CB, etc.

Better than good. (y)

I have the 54 degree which was a direct replacement for an original Eye 2+ SW, I was just always so comfortable with the head shape I used it for everything round the green.
It has currently been replaced by a vokey in the bag but I have a feeling the ping will return to its rightful place soon.

waiting on a 56, hoping it will cover full swing, sand, and green side chips. If so, then I'll go 3-wedge (PW/AW/PE2).

waiting on a 56, hoping it will cover full swing, sand, and green side chips. If so, then I'll go 3-wedge (PW/AW/PE2).

I have the 56 in the normal glide 3 then the 60 in E2 it is a killer combo to get out of almost any situation. The E2 get the ball out of the bunker so easy you would think it had its own 45 min infomercial.

Love it for sand and waste bunkers, absolutely hate the extra weight off of turf. I solely use my 54* Eye2 for recovery and what not. Spins like mad and bites on greens very hard, love the Glide 3.0/Eye2 combo in my bag.

Finally got a stock 56 - cancelled my custom order after waiting 13 weeks. Love the wedge, so much I’m thinking of adding a 60. Was going to go TS for the 60 (I’m fairly shallow) but something about the eye 2 is confidence inspiring. Full swing with the 56 is fine, as is anything down to short chips. I figure the eye 2 will give a bit more protection in a 60.

Get them. I almost bit on them. Very soft feel. The next-generation club may have the Eye 2 sole but less of the Eye 2 look, more like the Glide 2.0 stealth, which I played. So if you like the Eye 2 club, get it now.

Waited a long time- only for them to send black dot instead of brown dot- I was quoted 3-5 days turn around

Today is the 6th day

Can't weight to bag the 58

I like my 60. Fun little wedge.

I did some green side chipping today with the 56. I kinda thought it wouldn't open up very easily but clearly I was wrong. Very well-behaved club (or I finally fixed a chipping swing flaw - or a little from column A, a little from column B). I probably could get away without a 60 but likely will get one because I'm betting that can be similarly opened up and it'll be flop-city.

Get them. I almost bit on them. Very soft feel. The next-generation club may have the Eye 2 sole but less of the Eye 2 look, more like the Glide 2.0 stealth, which I played. So if you like the Eye 2 club, get it now.

best. advice. ever.

Picked up the 60 today and took it to the range, pitching area, then chipping area. Pretty much what I had hoped - similar feel to the 56 just more loft. It has a bit less effective bounce so green side there is no problem sliding the club under the ball. It also was fine with full swings, very confidence inspiring.

The clincher was some green side chips from steep downhill lie about 20-30 feet above the green. Depending on the lie I could play a soft floater that would run out some or a tight spinner that would hop and stop. Only limitation seems to be my skill and/or creativity. Great clubs and I actually like how they look but I'm nuts...

Picked up a 54 the other day out of curiosity and somewhat pondering. Took it to the range today and comparing it with my md3 i’ve been gaming for a while. Took a few swings to get used to and the look at address. I can honestly say I hit this wedge better than my md3. This wedge also checks up pretty good. I’m sure all wedges nowadays with new tech and faces bite just as well maybe better. But its better than my md3 so far. I will take it out and run with it for a few rounds and we’ll see if it will stay in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back