Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
They start tomorrow. I’m a sucker for the olympics. Not so much the golf but everything else. Anyone else ready to get this domination started?

I dunno this year. I just want to watch sports and things not get too political, will be pleasantly surprised if that is what we get.

I dunno this year. I just want to watch sports and things not get too political, will be pleasantly surprised if that is what we get.
I agree. I don’t watch the Olympics for politics I watch to get away from them.

I actually enjoy many of the less heralded sports such as archery, white water canoeing, badminton, shooting, modern pentathlon etc...

Opening ceremonies under way. Simone Biles seems to be a shoe in for gold.

Holy crap, that piano solo was by far the best thing of the opening ceremony.

Holy crap, that piano solo was by far the best thing of the opening ceremony.
Every Olympics I’m fascinated. This one seems special due to the year delay and Covid. I am so proud of all that persevered to fulfill their dreams. It’s a shame they couldn’t have fans tonight.

I’m so excited for The Olympics. Absolutely love it and can’t wait to watch Simone Biles this year. I thought it was a little crazy when people first started putting her in the best athlete of all time conversation but I’ve come around. I’ve never seen anything like what she is doing on the mat. LFG team USA!

They start tomorrow. I’m a sucker for the olympics. Not so much the golf but everything else. Anyone else ready to get this domination started?
What domination?

We have the same thinking. It's almost like they want someone to do something.

This is probably the least excited I have ever been for the Olympics

I am mostly looking forward to basketball and baseball. Watching volleyball and cycling now.

I’m so excited for The Olympics. Absolutely love it and can’t wait to watch Simone Biles this year. I thought it was a little crazy when people first started putting her in the best athlete of all time conversation but I’ve come around. I’ve never seen anything like what she is doing on the mat. LFG team USA!
It’s amazing for gymnasts to compete in more than one Olympics. It’s even more amazing to be even better 5 years later. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her again in 2024.

Per capita , my country , out performs in so many world events it’s amazing , even at last medal count it was top ten country , only surpassed by country’s with significantly more population

If you use USA 335 million and 48 medals ( gold) us versus 25 million 8 medals Aus... multiply the differential 13.3 =108 gold for Aus ....👀😊

Per capita , my country , out performs in so many world events it’s amazing , even at last medal count it was top ten country , only surpassed by country’s with significantly more population

If you use USA 335 million and 48 medals ( gold) us versus 25 million 8 medals Aus... multiply the differential 13.3 =108 gold for Aus ....👀😊
It’s going to be tough for you watching Team USA take gold in rugby sevens this year 💪🏅

It’s going to be tough for you watching Team USA take gold in rugby sevens this year 💪🏅

That so ...... may be tough for you losing basketball against Aus , a game you invented oh wait you did both in girls and men’s in last week hahahha

Read the numbers in previous post , makes for interesting reading !

It’s interesting to look at medals per capita but ultimately total medals is all that really matters if you’re going to look at overall performance. If China takes home more than the USA I would consider them as “winning” even though they have a big population advantage.

I would like to point out that by your metric New Zealand has almost 3 times as many golds as Australia 🙃

It’s interesting to look at medals per capita but ultimately total medals is all that really matters if you’re going to look at overall performance. If China takes home more than the USA I would consider them as “winning” even though they have a big population advantage.

I would like to point out that by your metric New Zealand has almost 3 times as many golds as Australia 🙃
With respect to your first comment, that is totally disrespectful to every other nation who has less population than the more populous nations , and shortsighted, that they can’t possibly win , unless they had a Vladimir or Kim playing for them hahahah

Would you really ? Consider them the best ? Hmmm think that’s mischievous lol

Agree your New Zealand comment , they are also a sports competitive nation ie : netball rugby etc

My reference was with relation to the USA (1) ratio to Aus (10) 2016 Olympic results as you can only compare to the highest rated team , USA but the anomalies that that simple statistic requires requires some context

Attachments

• D7C858C9-5054-48F3-B3C6-2287A574CCC4.jpeg
    D7C858C9-5054-48F3-B3C6-2287A574CCC4.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4
When did 3 on 3 basketball become an Olympic event? The basketball design is not great.

Back