Shims taper/parallel

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts on using shims to install 355 taper shaft into 370 parallel heads. Found a deal on s et of i95 shafts. Wanting them in my TE C721 irons.

No issues if all is prepped and cleaned properly. I always used the brass setup, vs some like using mesh or overkilling the shaft centering beads but that’s usually a pretty poor job and technique. Weary of pulls online though if you can’t get them in hand as they may have been damaged with or without knowledge by the seller.

No issues if all is prepped and cleaned properly. I always used the brass setup, vs some like using mesh or overkilling the shaft centering beads but that’s usually a pretty poor job and technique. Weary of pulls online though if you can’t get them in hand as they may have been damaged with or without knowledge by the seller.
I’m guessing these are ok they were professionally pulled. But it’s always a risk.

No issues at all. I use shims all the time. Just prep them, and you’re golden.

I use shims all the time as well with no issues. Once in a while I'll try to fit the shaft into the head with the shim and thay sucker is tight. So I'll cut off every other stem, which will leave me with 3, and usually fits after that.

Back