Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A few months back Cobra released the King Cobra wedges with SnakeBite Technology. If you missed that announcement, we have you covered with a full preview here. Early reviews from THP Forum members have been stellar, so we brought them into the Tech Studio for another episode of TESTED!

In this video we start off with some technology talk, then hop into the hitting bay for some swings. Finally, we will walk you through the information that the Foresight GCQuad presented and give you some final thoughts. 

How does SnakeBite Technology fare? Watch below and then let us know your thoughts.

This episode is full of information and data. Can the King Cobra wedges stand up to the competition? Do they offer quality feel and sound that one...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobra wedges always have some awesome sounding features, I just have yet to give them a hit. I've also never hit full face wedges but they are really intriguing

Man, those seem sweet and look fantastic

Nice review Dan! Really enjoy the full face grooves on these. I realize some may find it off-putting, but it does give me a lot of confidence with the higher lofted wedges.

Cobra wedges always have some awesome sounding features, I just have yet to give them a hit. I've also never hit full face wedges but they are really intriguing
These are really good and the full face goes down to 56* which is really nice for folks that don't need a lob wedge.

Good info. Good work thanks.

Really nice looking wedges with some great sounding tech and options.

They have a nice pop to them, and spin quite a bit. They feel softer to me than the Cobra Black wedges I have in the bag. I like the overall shape and the full face groove on the 58 I have.

Cobra wedges are next level! I still have my MIM's and I absolutely love them! I had a serious issue with my wedges before my MIM's and they have been absolute game changeres for me! I have so much more confidence with the MIM's so I can only imagine how good the SB's are! Well done Cobra!

I'm definitely going to have to get one of these in a full face milling at some point for sure. Fantastic info and numbers.

I have always found the scallop in the Cobra wedges help promote really clean contact as the leading edge sits lower. Obviously user dependent, but like that feature.

Good job, @Canadan. That’s a great-looking grind on the 60. Don’t think I’ve ever hit a Cobra wedge but wouldn’t mind giving that one a test.

I have always found the scallop in the Cobra wedges help promote really clean contact as the leading edge sits lower. Obviously user dependent, but like that feature.
Very handy during the hard pan summer weather for sure.

Good job, @Canadan. That’s a great-looking grind on the 60. Don’t think I’ve ever hit a Cobra wedge but wouldn’t mind giving that one a test.
Definitely give them a try. They look great and have tons of spin in my experience.

Have to admit to never paying attention to Cobra wedges in the past, but that scallop on the 60 looks VERY useful, as in chunk-reducer, lol.

Have to admit to never paying attention to Cobra wedges in the past, but that scallop on the 60 looks VERY useful, as in chunk-reducer, lol.

This explains it well.

This explains it well.

Holy hell, I just refreshed my Vokeys but that scallop looks AWESOME! Hmmmm ...

So I have used Vokeys since Vokey was with Cleveland....The Cobra wedges are just as good....maybe even better.

Holy hell, I just refreshed my Vokeys but that scallop looks AWESOME! Hmmmm ...
It is pretty much the Cobra wedge trademark at this point. Great feature and looks good too.

It is pretty much the Cobra wedge trademark at this point. Great feature and looks good too.

Since the OG trusy rusty circa mid 90s. That wedges was a tour fav for a while.

The full face wedge has been tested many times around the green and it works as advertised. I am opening the face a lot more with a new chipping technique and the scallop does wonders.

Has anyone that plays these used Jaws MD5 wedges before, if so how would you compare them?

I love my SB 58*. I just wish my distance with it on varied by like 5 yards even on mishits!

Great review as always. I feel like we get a better understanding of the performance since you give us the table view of the data. Thanks!

I used one of these yesterday around the greens and still think it spins as much or more than anything I have tried this year. It sits so level with the ground, impact seems easy. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is the best descriptor I have.

Back