Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Is that the XB or XD? Wasn’t sure with the Epic weight set heel side.
It’s the RadSpeed XB and the Callaway EPIC Max LS. Epic is a 9* set to -1/D. I took the XB from 10.5 to 9/draw setting.

Putting in a 3W.

Been a minute as I haven't played nor hit Speed in over a month! 😔😔😔😔

But in my return , it was like riding the proverbial bike.....12/12 with 2 5wd fwys hit too boot......

I'm truly an old broken down guy, but with Speed I somehow still get the pellet out between 240-270 .....remember, I'M IN PLAY ALL DAY! hehe

Seriously, I'm trying to avoid overconfidence but the Speed is making it so damn hard.....

I'll play again Thursday...... ho-hum.....hehe

I don't know why I switched from the Ventus Blue. I was chasing a bit of distance with the HZRDUS Smoke Blue and I was getting it. But man my misses were more common and they were BAD. Put the Ventus back in tonight and paired with the Speed, the ball just goes straight. I'll still probably flirt with the Smoke Blue, because I can, but the Speed belongs with the Ventus for me. Hopefully it's ready to perform at Cog Hill this weekend!

I don't know why I switched from the Ventus Blue. I was chasing a bit of distance with the HZRDUS Smoke Blue and I was getting it. But man my misses were more common and they were BAD. Put the Ventus back in tonight and paired with the Speed, the ball just goes straight. I'll still probably flirt with the Smoke Blue, because I can, but the Speed belongs with the Ventus for me. Hopefully it's ready to perform at Cog Hill this weekend!
We tinker because we can, not because we need to sometimes, lol. I'm hitting the driver the best I've hit a driver in over 10 years, but I'm going to tinker lol. Just like I'm pretty confident that the RadSpeed XB wont beat my Max LS, but I'm giving it a try. Interested to try the Smoke RDX Blue shaft as well. A little nervous as the flex is stiff, where my MMT is X-flex, but I didn't have a choice in the flex of the shaft when I won it. Will be a fun little experiment though, lol.

Been a minute as I haven't played nor hit Speed in over a month! 😔😔😔😔

But in my return , it was like riding the proverbial bike.....12/12 with 2 5wd fwys hit too boot......

I'm truly an old broken down guy, but with Speed I somehow still get the pellet out between 240-270 .....remember, I'M IN PLAY ALL DAY! hehe

Seriously, I'm trying to avoid overconfidence but the Speed is making it so damn hard.....

I'll play again Thursday...... ho-hum.....hehe
That is AWESOME!!!!

put the iM10 back in the Speed and hit a few baby draws, misses were straight pushes. would be interesting to see what my spin is with this combo.

RadSpeed XB out performed the EPIC Max LS. Yellow is the RadSpeed XB and black is the Max LS. Blue is the avg of that club and green is the longest drive with that club. Granted the Max LS has some more rounds under it but I was surprised. The RadSpeed XB felt and sounded better than the Max LS and I love my Max LS. I will be keeping the RadSpeed XB in the bag for a few more rounds before deciding officially who wins the spot but if one round tells anything, the EPIC Max LS needs to worry a little. The Smoke Blue RDX was fantastic! So smooth and it felt a little stiffer than stiff flex, which was absolutely perfect! Launch was a little higher than I’ve been seeing withmy Max LS but that could be I had the RadSpeed XB set to 9* and my Max LS is at 8*.AB53AB2F-9AC8-4466-ABA1-DF926BBE0AB1.jpeg

Pulling the 6g weight in the Speed and throwing in a 8g for tomorrow round. See if it will keep me on plane a bit more. Had a bit of pulls today.
Also switching back to the stock IM 10 shaft.

Does anyone know I can purchase weights for the speed triple diamond? I am looking for a 10g one but not sure which ones fit

Does anyone know I can purchase weights for the speed triple diamond? I am looking for a 10g one but not sure which ones fit
You can buy kits on ebay.

Saturday night picked up an Epic Max Driver ( 9 degrees set to 10 ) and a Ping g425 Max (10.5) for my brother in law who belongs to the same club as me and we have played a lot of golf together to try Sunday morning. He hasn't upgraded his driver in years and plays a Ping G20. He has talked about going to hit them but hasn't so I picked them up for him to hit. I got the Epic Max LS after getting a demo to hit on the course and I really believe if you have that opportunity its the best way to pick one out. Im not a club fitter but we have played together for years , I know his game pretty well and was pretty sure he would see some significant gains with a new driver. He has hit my Max LS and it was not a good fit for him. I didn't influence him or say anything but I was pretty sure the Epic Max would be the driver for him. As it turns out it was and after the round he took the demos back to Golf Galaxy and bought the Epic Max.

I have found a shot with the Max LS where I tee the ball about 1/2" lower than normal and grip down on the shaft a couple inches. It has a lower flight and is straight as a bullet. I use it when I need to find a fairway and feel more confident with it than hitting a fairway wood or hybrid from the tee. I used it a few times today with great success and hit a couple bombs with my normal shot as well. The Max LS has made the game a lot more fun for me.

Order status has been stuck on being customized for a couple of weeks, still says 1-2 weeks. I hope it isn’t because of the shaft or grip choice that I am not planning on using anyway.

After over 50 rounds now with my Max LS I must say versus my prior Epic Subzero model that I came from this head is so much darn consistent across the entire face.

In fact it is almost ridiculous, while my playing partners are going left, right and all over the place, this driver just want to go down the middle on remote. I have don’t think I’ve had a penalty stroke off the tee in at least a month or more. I am not a long bomber but I’ll take 250 down the middle day and day out. So happy with this purchase (thanks again @MH)!

20210727_092513.jpg

Now how did this get in there..? :unsure:

👎. That went like hell. If I wasn't dropping long putts today it would have been bad. If you want to not be able to turn the ball over, ever, even when you really need to, put a triple diamond on a tipped Ventus Black 6X.

I couldn't shape that thing the way I wanted at ALL. It wanted to go straight, but not far, and I don't play straight lines and targets much these days so when I try to move it, and it doesn't, that's not good.

This is why monitor numbers don't mean much to me, because I'm confident that combo is terrible for me out on course. It's a loaner, so I'll try a different shaft next time, but that was just all around not good.

👎. That went like hell. If I wasn't dropping long putts today it would have been bad. If you want to not be able to turn the ball over, ever, even when you really need to, put a triple diamond on a tipped Ventus Black 6X.

I couldn't shape that thing the way I wanted at ALL. It wanted to go straight, but not far, and I don't play straight lines and targets much these days so when I try to move it, and it doesn't, that's not good.

This is why monitor numbers don't mean much to me, because I'm confident that combo is terrible for me out on course. It's a loaner, so I'll try a different shaft next time, but that was just all around not good.

That's the same shaft you've been using on the Speed, correct?

Man so much of what you wrote is what I'm enjoying about the Triple Diamond haha. Just aim it straight and it goes straight.

That's the same shaft you've been using on the Speed, correct?
Yeah. The slightly different bias, and I think the shape a little, I don't know, I was fighting it. It wanted to go straight. I could fade it pretty well, I guess 😕, but I couldn't turn it over at all with a power strike. And distance was 7 or 8 yards off.

Yeah. The slightly different bias, and I think the shape a little, I don't know, I was fighting it. It wanted to go straight. I could fade it pretty well, I guess 😕, but I couldn't turn it over at all with a power strike. And distance was 7 or 8 yards off.

It definitely neutralizes the left ball in a big way compared to the Speed.

It definitely neutralizes the left ball in a big way compared to the Speed.
And my gamer. It wasn't neutral with that setup. Gonna change it up. Will ponder.. :unsure:

I think I've said it before in every driver review thread I have posted in. It is so important to get the fundamentals (grip, ball position, alignment) right. More so for driver than any other club for me.

Got out to the range to straighten some things out today and like I said focused on fundamentals and training my eyes to see proper alignment and ball position correctly. I have a tendency to let the ball get back in my stance, which is no good for hitting it straight and in the air. Well, I was mostly bombing it. Catch it square in the middle of the face, and the ball just explodes. Low was very good to me speed wise today, though the launch is not surprisingly low when you catch it there. I was working on hitting a draw with every shot to have more predictable results and only pushed a few. Start the ball up the right side and let it come back is going to be huge on course.

The sound with the LS is so much improved over the Epic. I love it.

Sped has been really working for me. Put the stock IM10 shaft back in and also went back to the 6g weight in the back. Hit 5 FIR in my round before league and hit 5 during league tonight.
As long as I put a smooth swing on it it just goes straight and long for me or I can get a nice 3-5 yard draw out of it.

Back