Chocolate in the fridge?

Depends on the type. Milk chocolate with nougat or caramel is fantastic when cooled.

Goes great with Cabernet!

View attachment 9019157

Even better with a fruity old vine Zinfandel! I acquired a taste for Lindt chocolates in particular, after being a member of a wine tasting club that got together monthly. One member was an advisor to the Ohio grape growing industry, and he would bring Lindt chocolates to every tasting we held, for dessert. I keep a couple of sticks of Lindt Truffles in the fridge. I don't eat chocolate very often, but it's kind of like ice cream! When I get a taste for chocolate I go for Lindt. When I get a taste for ice cream, I go for home grown Handel's ice cream!

Yes, you don't want a soggy mess when you try to open the wrapper

I usually just eat it. No time or need to refrigerate.

My wife does this and I never understood it. That said my moms homemade chocolate chip cookies always tested better straight out the freezer, so I guess I can't complain.

Sure....why wouldn't you?

The only chocolate that goes in the fridge or freezer are Thin Mints and sometimes Oreos. We prefer chocolate at room temperature which is rarely above 72* at our house.

Last edited:
Thin Mints definitely in the freezer. I also put mini snickers, milky way etc in the freezer when they are one bite. Most of the rest of the chocolate in my house is not in the fridge.

Fridge or freezer for a lot of it. I rarely eat chocolate but currently in the cooling units we have Charleston chews, Reece's peanut butter cups and a Snickers. On the none chocolate front we also keep haribo goldbears in the freezer.

Not a huge chocolate guy but when I do it has to be from the fridge.

no because it usually doesn't last to make it to the fridge/freezer!

Always in the fridge

For those saying freezer - do you have teeth left?

Yep. Reeses cups go in there too!

I usually just eat it. No time or need to refrigerate.

I got news for ya! If it doesn't melt quickly upon exposure to warm temps, it's NOT real chocolate! It's some bogus BS! Real chocolate melts in warn weather. And, it does so rapidly.

Yeah, love cold chocolate. Just don't put chocolate and caramel bars in the fridge for to long. They get to hard to eat if they have been in for too long.
This sounds amazing. Like a chocolate covered sugar daddy 👍

Back