I'd go 2,3,4,1,5

Well …… my preference is 1,3,2,4,5

but, I chose to go with theSpecial Reserve since I have not had it in a while.

I’m just not a Willet fan.

I've been heading back towards some scotch more recently and trying some new ones. More specifically some sherry cask aged stuff. I like not having to fight people for good bottles of bourbon. Ended up doing some drinking on GlenDronach 12 and 15 along with some Aberlour A’Bunadh. All were very good, especially the GlenDronach 15.

Yesterday and today, during the golf telecasts, I was offered an incredible taste experience by Woodward Reserve Bourbon. 200 new taste experiences? i hope it happens.

While I agree with the statement, I disagree with that scotch. I'm not on the smokey side myself.
Lagavulin isn't for everyone but it is for Nick Offerman/Ron Swanson.

I like all different styles of scotch. I prefer sherry cask aged stuff like The Macallan and just discovered GlenDronach 12 and 15 this week but I also enjoy a good smoky and peaty scotch when the time is right.

Would you pay $250 for a bottle of Weller 12 if you had the chance? Same price for Weller Full Proof?

Would you pay $250 for a bottle of Weller 12 if you had the chance? Same price for Weller Full Proof?

Weller 12 goes for around 200 on secondary markets in my area. Weller Full Proof goes for 250-275. I would love a bottle of Full Proof but I won't pay that for the extra 7 proof points over Weller Antique.

Weller 12 goes for around 200 on secondary markets in my area. Weller Full Proof goes for 250-275. I would love a bottle of Full Proof but I won't pay that for the extra 7 proof points over Weller Antique.

nah, unless you want it just as a show piece.
I was thinking the same. Wish it was a little cheaper.

Is Eagle Rare hard to find in certain parts of the country?

hell nah.

I have become jaded to expensive bourbon. I've had Weller, (SR, 12, OWA, and WLW) and none of them are worth that much. Unless you have the money and can afford it.

But nope. Not for me.

Weller 12 isn't a "show piece" bourbon.

Gosh darn it, the secondary market has screwed up bourbon.
What's funny is that Ohio is doing a lottery for Weller 12 right now. Will probably have 50,000+ entries for the opportunity to buy at retail price of 39.98. Weller Antique is a lot easier to find around here and retail for that is 49.99. Seems like odd pricing.

hell nah.

I have become jaded to expensive bourbon. I've had Weller, (SR, 12, OWA, and WLW) and none of them are worth that much. Unless you have the money and can afford it.

But nope. Not for me.

I agree with all these. I used to be able to drink all the bourbons at a fair price any time. Now it’s just bat **** crazy.

Communing with a near neighbor and a new friend!!! Watching the "Last Knights" with Morgan Freeman.

20210721_225444 (1).jpg

Last edited:

The secondary market has screwed up a lot of things!

Grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 10 just about an hour ago. Mmmm medicine...

Grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 10 just about an hour ago. Mmmm medicine...
Can't remember which one I bought a while, maybe quarter cask, and I loved the subtle sea salt flavor of that one

Wife is out, baby went to sleep without issue (knock on wood), grilling a steak and pork butts are in the smoke = time to unwind 20210730_185616.jpg

I like your thinking!

Back