Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

Did not see them on the site at all. Ill take a look. Thanks for he heads up.
Do you qualify for their "Heroes" discount for military, veterans, first responders? Some older products are only available to those in that category. For example, for the "general public" I believe the 0811x proto drivers no longer are available but I could order one again today. It may be the same situation with the Gen 2 irons.

Do you qualify for their "Heroes" discount for military, veterans, first responders? Some older products are only available to those in that category. For example, for the "general public" I believe the 0811x proto drivers no longer are available but I could order one again today. It may be the same situation with the Gen 2 irons.
Gen 2 XF, P and T irons are available to anyone on the website. $89/ea

no I don't qualify for any of those.

Bought a partial set last year (5-GW 0211s with Accra shafts) a driver and a hybrid at a Veteran's discount, and I have played many lines of clubs and proficiently (when a near scratch in past) and also built custom clubs. Might have been the hour long range fitting, but these are easily as good as anything I have ever played. Feel, looks, and performance all top tier. Will eventually likely fill out the set.

Nice. I called yesterday and the rep said mine were being built. Said they should ship within a week.

update: my tracking just updated to “picked/build” stage.
Once they go to picked/build they’re shipped in a day, two tops.

no I don't qualify for any of those.
They run periodic specials general public off and on - worth a call to them.

Irons shipped. Should be here tues. 😀

Couple of things. The 0211DC irons are stronger lofted like most irons these days compared to irons from 10 years ago. If she can elevate the ball pretty well this shouldn't be an issue, but something to consider. My guess is the MMT shaft will also launch a little lower than the stock RBZ graphite shafts. At least from my testing of the MMT in the 70g R variant it launched lower than most 95-100g steel shafts I normally game.

Stock RBZ 7i is 30.5* and a 37" length. Stock 0211dc 7i is 28* and 37.5" (both mens specs). Often times Ladies clubs will be an inch shorter. But nonetheless the PXG's will be stronger lofted and likely a little longer shaft.

Her RBZ irons are also going to be a little bit larger in terms of club head size. The 0211dc's are a progressive set. So slightly longer blade lengths in the longer irons and slightly shorter blade lengths in the mid irons and wedges. If you are familiar with Ping irons, the longer irons will be more like a G series Ping irons, the scoring irons and wedges will be more Ping i series irons size wise. So depending on her comfort level going to a smaller iron could be a good or bad thing.

Finally, yes, within 30 days of receiving the irons you can return them. They do hit you with the 15% restocking fee as you pointed out. And another thing to consider is you have to pay for shipping both ways. Shipping to you for a set of irons is $60 (they use Fedex) which is not refunded if you return them. Also for a set of irons depending on where you live is going to cost probably $17-$35 to ship back to PXG using USPS. So the hit is actually more than 15%. I know I have returned 2 sets of PXG irons in the past year.
But have a 3rd set coming next week :)
I upgraded to the KBS 55 gram graphite shaft and really like them.

I went with the Accra shafts in 0211 irons and love them. Got tighter dispersion than with other options on range and a nice medium ball flight.

Irons came in 3 days early. Hoping to get to the range tonight.

Had a chance to take a couple swings with 0311t gen 4 9i and man it was pretty good. I would say on par with my apex pro which is way better than I expected

Been away for a while, but after this week's heat wave, i will be back on the range learning what the 0211's can do.

Love my 0211's (89 bucks a club!!!!). At first (first 2 rounds I hated them) but after getting use to them, very forgiving and long. Only things I don't like; they don't spin as much to hold the greens as my Apex Pro 19, and the stock grips suck (I don't wear a glove), so I am constantly cleaning them. I am regripping them with Iomic Sticky Grips. I just ordered by father in-law the GEN 2's at 79 bucks a club.

My buddy who has a full bag of PXG just upgraded his irons from the OG 0211 to the Gen2 0311XF. He said the 0311s are noticeably heavier which may explain why he is having a little issue adjusting to them.

My buddy who has a full bag of PXG just upgraded his irons from the OG 0211 to the Gen2 0311XF. He said the 0311s are noticeably heavier which may explain why he is having a little issue adjusting to them.
Interesting. I had both sets with similar weight shafts and never noticed any differences in weight. I’ve had 4 sets of PXG irons now and all swing weight around a D1-D2.

Can’t wait to put these in play. Thinking about ordering the 5i to match. Usually not a 5i guy.
180BC5FE-EB23-46C0-9B16-D6F418BB5D62.jpeg744C89DE-CC1D-4784-9428-F184F7F47C7D.jpeg

Great looking clubs! Looking forward hearing how they work for you versus the Pings.

Great looking clubs! Looking forward hearing how they work for you versus the Pings.
I had a chance to play 9 holes with them. I didn't get to hit them all too often as many holes on this course are like, driver, hybrid, or driver wedge.

But I did have a chance to hit them on a few holes.

First hole had GW in. I left it out to the right, got a favorable kick which ended up on the green.

4th hole was playing about 155 slightly uphill. Usually if I can tee up a 6i I can reach that yardage. I ended up hitting the 6i which landed just short of the green. I thought it was maybe a mishit so I put another ball down with the same result. I happened to have my i200 5i with me. Hit a third ball with it and it seemed to go higher than the PXG 6i and flew right over the pin and ended on the back fringe.

6th hole hit an 8i from the rough and ended up pin high but missed left.

8th hole, par 3. Pushed a 6i slightly and missed right

9th hole, par 4 approach shot with 7i, pin high but yanked it left slightly.

So all and all not too bad of results, but I felt like with the i200's I would have hit more GIR's as I have been hitting them really well lately.

One thing I noticed is it seems like no matter where I hit the i200's the sound and feel are pretty much the same. To some that could be a good or bad thing. With the PXG's I never feel like I flushed any of the shots during my round. And maybe I didn't but my yardages seemed normal. All kind of felt harsh and on the harder side. To me the i200s feel pretty soft. So right now I am leaning towards sticking with the i200's.
I will probably give the PXG's another shot or two on the course before deciding for sure. I did have a range session the other day and hit them really really from the 6i on down to the set wedges.

Well i finally got back on the range, and for the first time in a looooong time, i had a semblance of a swing (full turn, good tempo). I worked my way from G,PW, 8, and 7, and then hit a few 4 irons off turf and tee. As i have said in the past, these irons look great, and the progression is spot on, feel is still great, and they are forgiving. As i was working my way through the clubs and knew i was swinging well, i was second guessing some results. Contact was just not pure, or pure enough to match the swing i put on the ball.

Then as i have in the past just to mix it up some, i choked up about a 1/2 inch from where i was first 15 swings or so, and then everything changed, sound, feel, launch, all improved. I am 5'11 broad shoulders, which makes my arms a little shorter, i have always been 1/4-1/2 inch over standard in past fitting, so with the longer stock lengths i was not that worried about these. Two things, did me choking up get me to a better length for me, or was it because the lie flattend , and that is what the improvement was.

These will be re-gripped sooner than later, do i try and get a lighter grips and shave a 1/2 off and leave the lie as is. Never worked with graphite shafts before, so i am not sure if any of the is possible .

My wifes PXG 0311 Generation 3 XP irons arrived yesterday. The box, packaging and presentation is amazing. The irons themselves are beautiful. Once again she repeatedly told me she didn't need new irons and was happy with her 11 year old Taylormades just like she did when I got her a new Cobra driver two years ago and she 4AFBAC2C-1E5B-4E6B-854F-2365E8AC4C03.pngproceeded to hit it great or the same with her Epic Max 3 wood. First time out last night and she hit them well and really likes them. The online fitter suggested these for her after we talked and he said not only are they great irons but they are exceptionally forgiving. I love my Apex 21 irons and the feel of them. The PXG's are also forged. The site has no separate category for women's clubs and the heads are the exact same for men and women the only change is a ladies mmt 50 gram shaft. I took a swing on a 150 yard par 3 with an 8 iron and swung easy because of the shaft and these irons definitely have a great feel off the face. Glad I got them for her and she really likes them. Like everyone here I love looking at clubs and researching them and it was fun picking them out. My experience with PXG was great.

I’ll tell you that I can’t keep up with the numbering system however I’m seeing PXG in a lot of bags. PXG has a fitting center in downtown Chicago and people have been going there to get fit.

Back