My Open Championship viewing partners…
7627FA2D-9509-4FA3-AEB6-633563340820.jpeg02247323-4254-41EF-8CC0-26A27BB674F3.jpegEC6FD1FA-14BF-45BD-863A-1E804B9BF7CB.jpeg

I was reading a post in another thread and I am in the same boat with our beloved dog. I feel I am being selfish by not putting down our dog for fear of my family’s impending sadness.

Has anyone used an at home euthanasia service? I think at-home would be better than taking her to a vet because our dog hates going to the vet. Then again, the last dog I just had the family say goodbye and I took her to the vet to put her down and it saved the kids some sadness. They are now 18 and 16 and could deal with it better than when they were 4 and 6. We haven’t made the decision yet, but probably should have already done so. Every time I decide it is time, she seems to have a good day and I change my mind.

I was reading a post in another thread and I am in the same boat with our beloved dog. I feel I am being selfish by not putting down our dog for fear of my family’s impending sadness.

Has anyone used an at home euthanasia service? I think at-home would be better than taking her to a vet because our dog hates going to the vet. Then again, the last dog I just had the family say goodbye and I took her to the vet to put her down and it saved the kids some sadness. They are now 18 and 16 and could deal with it better than when they were 4 and 6. We haven’t made the decision yet, but probably should have already done so. Every time I decide it is time, she seems to have a good day and I change my mind.

I haven't heard of that possibility. We have it done at the vets office and they give us all the time we want in the room with the pet after it has been done. We always have our pets cremated and kept with us.

I haven't heard of that possibility. We have it done at the vets office and they give us all the time we want in the room with the pet after it has been done. We always have our pets cremated and kept with us.
There are a few here. The one I called will come to your house and advise whether you should make the call and then do it there. They then will return the cremated remains along with a clay and printed paw print if the decision is made. I think the biggest advantage is a qualified and empathetic vet coming to my house and making our family feel ok with the decision. He only charges $150 if he comes and you decide not to go through with it.

The last vet I used was at an emergency and made me feel guilty for not doing $5k worth of tests on a 15 year old dog that I knew it was time to put down due to her being in pain.

this is such a happy thread, I hate to post this in here. Just thought some might have some experience with it.

Just got Pixie a few months ago. Never thought I'd be be down with an "ankle biter" but she's awesome!

Attachments

• 20210725_222950.jpg
    20210725_222950.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210524_090858.jpg
    20210524_090858.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210322_151539.jpg
    20210322_151539.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 14
It’s been a year and a couple days since we lost my best friend Wyoming. He would have turned 9 today. It still hurts.
77F13248-2001-4158-B2BC-F75D4E7A9B45.jpeg

My best pal and co-pilot, Buddy, loves car rides.

D1D45DD8-A7DF-4D01-A26A-A5BB9570DFDB.jpeg

It’s been a year and a couple days since we lost my best friend Wyoming. He would have turned 9 today. It still hurts.
View attachment 9019511
That's always tough, we lost our Schnauzer a little over two years ago, and we still miss him and his attitude.

Our 17 year old really shows her age at times, but she's still plugging along.

IMG_8169.jpg

Anyone have a link to Chocolate Lab Headcover? I have only seen black labs!

Anyone have a link to Chocolate Lab Headcover? I have only seen black labs!

I was going to say daphne's but checked and they definitely don't have chocolate labs. This place is pricey, but an option. Some of these are also a little creepy lol.

I was going to say daphne's but checked and they definitely don't have chocolate labs. This place is pricey, but an option. Some of these are also a little creepy lol.

I don't think I could use one of those. They are TOO realistic.

I don't think I could use one of those. They are TOO realistic.

Yeah same. Would freak me out. My wife bought a garden flag with our dog's face on it. Kept freaking us out (thought she was outside) so we had to take it down.

My parents got me one of our new dog Maverick. My wife wasn't a huge fan at first, but I will say they do some pretty good work.
20201226_172510.jpg

20201231_170040.jpg

So I thought our 14 yr old Yellow Lab was a goner this morning. Everything was normal through breakfast. I went outside to do a little work and when I came back inside she couldn’t get up, lying next to a pile of poop, her first accident in the 12 yrs we’ve had her. Let the kids know. Their families came by to say good bye. After waiting in the car for 90 minutes, the vet came out and told us she most likely has something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome, which as I understand it is the expensive version of doggie vertigo. It comes on suddenly, no one knows what causes it, but it responds to meds, goes away in 2-10 days and should not return. Thankfully, her wriggly 75 lbs can walk outside to do her business without assistance. Right now, she’s doing great. Quite the scare.

Last edited:
Out on our evening walk, Kona is really doing great.

20210801_202852.jpg
20210801_202751.jpg

There are two types of people in this world:

1. People who say, "Ohhh big stretch" when a dog stretches.
2. Sociopaths

Our puppers has been struggling a bit these past few weeks. barely eating anything. not sure if there's an obstruction or something else going on, back to the vet again this morning to take another look. :confused:

dude has bounced back well. changed up abx and added some pain meds. still not sure what was going on exactly.

Surely that was not me you heard somehow jumping into this and chowing down on some styrofoam…
5292E540-951E-4CB4-9787-1F798F26D4DE.jpeg

Our regular vet euthanised one of our dogs in the back of our station wagon - he loved going anywhere in the back of that car. My wife takes our current dog to a holistic vet (!?) on occasion and she has offered to come to our home when it's time.

It’s going to feel really odd this week and going forward. For the last 25 years I have gone to our local pet store weekly to purchase either dog food or lizard food. My son has had his pet Bearded Dragon for 15 years. Well, since he left for college (5 years ago) he had become my responsibility. Thor passed away very nicely over the weekend and living for 15 years is extremely rare for his bread of lizard.

44564929-478C-432E-82F1-08934E12EA14.jpeg

Back