Votes: 38 60.3%
  • What is water? HAHA

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Water is very important during those hot days on the course!

How do you get ready for them? Do you prep prior to playing or are you a "chug water when you remember" kind of golfer?

The Grandaddy Crew spent 2 very hot days in Chicago and a few THPers spent some sweltering days in Myrtle Beach for the Mizuno Experience. I know I should have done a better job leading up to the weekend of consuming water but I like ice in my water. If I am at home it is much easier to get into it.

I tend to chug when I need it.

I don't typically bring water with me to the course. Although I should...

As a runner who has run through the summers in years past, I know enough that hydration starts long before. For golf, if I know I'm going to playing in hot weather, I'll start my hydration the day before. I'm very cognizant of how much water I should be consuming before an endurance event whether it be golf or running in hot weather.

I started bringing a hyrdoflask type bottle of ice water with me to the course for water, besides isn't beer like 90% water? :cool:

I stay hydrated the day before at least. It is not a conscious effort, but I try to drink enough when I will be doing anything in hot conditions.

I started bringing a hyrdoflask type bottle of ice water with me to the course for water, besides isn't beer like 90% water? :cool:

HAHA!! I wish beer was a hydrating agent! The science doesn't pan out tho!

I'm usually pretty good about drinking water everyday, but I always also make sure I have water with me on the course. I'll have a Hydroflask that I fill up on the course and have a few backup water bottles with me just in case. I will usually also drink beer on the course, but I generally wait until the back nine and will usually only have 1 or 2 while playing with plenty of water in between. Heat-related illnesses are nothing to play with.

I inherited the uncanny ability to sweat out more water than my body is comprised of, so I drink constantly, then wring out my towels. Yes, I said towels. I bring two towels, and neither of them are my club towel. I also bring at least two hats, and often a shirt to change into after the round.

Water Gatorade bcaas, all help in keeping me loose and minimizing soreness the next day

I rarely drink anything but water so before and during for me. That being said, I almost had an incident on Saturday and the heat got to me. Just now recovering from that.

I tend to hydrate throughout the round. I recently won some fitfore energy packets, which assist in hydration and I will down a bottle with 1 packet in it prior to starting the round. It is an energy and focus blend with blue raspberry flavoring. Very very good. When I get low, I will be ordering more for sure!

Hydration needs to be a lifestyle. One can’t let it be an after thought for AZ heat.

Its not uncommon for me to drink 4 or 5 bottles of water in 9 holes during league.

The current answer is before during and after.

I tend to hydrate throughout the round. I recently won some fitfore energy packets, which assist in hydration and I will down a bottle with 1 packet in it prior to starting the round. It is an energy and focus blend with blue raspberry flavoring. Very very good. When I get low, I will be ordering more for sure!
This sounds like a terrific solution!

I'm usually good for 8-10 cups of water a day, so I normally stay relatively hydrated. On the course, it's just about keeping the bottle filled and refilled. Not often to go through my 24oz bottle 5-6 times while on the course when the weather is in the mid 90's.

This sounds like a terrific solution!
Maybe I have bought into a gimmic but I'm telling you mentally when I drink a bottle with one of the packets, I am in a good place during the round. In the past when I have a blow up hole, I would let it carry over big time through the rest of the round and now, although not preferred, lol, I can make a double or triple or just hit a bad shot and just not worry about it after the shot. It's crazy to me lol, but I really think this stuff calms me and helps me focus. And before anyone asks, no it does not have cbd, as I am not aloud to partake in that due to working for DOE and still being in the Navy Reserves.

I started bringing a Hydroflask with me as well. If I know it's gonna be super hot I'll try and drink some before getting out there.

I never want to have kidney stones again, so I try to drink about four liters of water daily. If it's a hot day on the course or in the yard, I'll often drink two liters in four hours, and one of them will have a Nuun electrolyte/hydration tablet

Also I don't know if it actually works or not but there is a product called Liquid IV that you can add to your water that tastes pretty good and claims to turn a single bottle of water into the equivalent of drinking 3 🤷‍♂️

I could relate to the Mizuno guys this weekend as most of my summer NC and SC rounds seem like a huge mistake around the 4th hole.

I already drink over 1 gallon of water a day but I will be extra mindful before a summer round.

I tend to chug when I need it.

I don't typically bring water with me to the course. Although I should...

Im typically the same way. I mean I drink a good amount of water throughout the week, but on the course, I only drink it when I see the water cooler. Chug 3 of those cone cups real fast and keep it moving haha.

Also I don't know if it actually works or not but there is a product called Liquid IV that you can add to your water that tastes pretty good and claims to turn a single bottle of water into the equivalent of drinking 3 🤷‍♂️

liquid IV is wonderful. though expensive

Back