What did you shoot today?

45 (+8) / 37 (+2) for an 82. I shat all over the front 9, the back 9 saved me. 4/12 FW, 10/18 GIR, 33 putts. Almost all my missed fairways were only by a few feet and all but one left me playable and in decent position - the "one" being a pull hook into the water. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles. We finished in 3:02 - nice pace for hot summer desert golf!

79 on Saturday and an 85 on Sunday. Same misses both days but Sunday was a tighter course. Driver was trouble, but my wedge game was great. Happy with both.

46/41=87. Just off on whole game front nine, with 4 doubles and 5 3 putts.

Six hour round because of one group 4 groups ahead of us and no rangers on the course. Played last 4 holes as a 6 some, we had 2 groups of 3, and still waited on every. Single. Shot. Course super got an earful from at least 3 separate groups about the pace of play. Inexcusable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

34 - 36 - 70. I love playing in high heat and humidity! Played very well the first 8 holes then all of the sudden, starting with the 2nd shot on #9, the pull hook devil entered my body and didn't leave until 15. Battled through it with 4 pars and 2 bogeys then it finally left my swing and birdied 2 holes coming in. 4 birdies, 12 pars and 2 bogeys.

45/40 - 85 +13

Another really rough day but good news is that it wasn't TOTALLY because of my tee game. Struggled there off the front and that's where most of the +9 came from. On the back though, I truly focused on what I was working on on the range the day before and really started making fantastic contact. Driver ended up being a weapon on the back and it was exactly what I needed to see. It really didn't even bother me when I started hitting a couple poor approaches down the stretch. I was just really happy to be in play off the tee again.

Couple more nine hole rounds and a range session before Coeur d'Alene this weekend!

Wow, great score. What yardage were you playing from?
Wow, great score. What yardage were you playing from?

Thanks! It is my home course. Plays at about 6100 with small greens and narrow fairways. Basically a target golf course which is perfect for my old arse. Lol. Bomb and gauge can get you in a lot of trouble. Most holes go from narrow fairways to about 5 yards of rough then to very dense wooded areas.

Also, she just saw that over my shoulder and thought it was really inappropriate. Apparently she thinks about something else before smudging. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I'm not gonna lie, I really struggled with exactly what she is swinging around after I posted it..... :rolleyes: But then I figured it's THP, so it can't be what I kinda think it is;)

Morning round: 76. Had decent birdie looks on the first three holes, walked away with three pars. Had a 3 footer on 6 for bird, walked away with par:banghead:. Stupid double on 7 without a penalty really stung. I got even, though by making birdies on 10, 11 and 12.

Afternoon round: 81. Strong start, 6 pars and 3 bogies on the front. Got a little tired after making the turn, finally hit the green on the 12th hole, which is a 165 yard par 3 to a green set at an angle to the tee, and which slopes away from you (it's "supposed" to be a redan but wasn't executed very well). I couldn't possibly have hit my five hybrid any higher, or any more on line with the pin; not only did I hit the green, I had a four footer for birdie!!! Yup, walked away with par:banghead:. I did leak some more oil before walking off the 18th green, but I was proud of the fact that I never made worse than bogey.
P1080931.JPG

Tied my PB for 9, and then hung in for net par on the second 9. I'm too tired to elaborate. NO golf tomorrow.

48 in league tonight, on the tougher back nine. First time I've broke 50 on that nine and also came within 3 inches of making my first hole in one.

Played the front nine at Charleston National this morning with my dad before the trip home. Made a birdie and two bogeys (because I flew two par 3 greens) before deciding to not wait for the old dudes on the back 9 before a 10 hour car ride.

lots of fun visuals and the course seems like it can definitely play with some unique dynamics depending on the selected tees. I’m looking forward to getting back down there to finish up the overall look. ...oh and to buy another logo straight down since @Jman has me hooked.

cool that you play most of your rounds there @PapaJohick - next time we’ll have to tee it up when I’m not in a rush.

Tied my PB for 9, and then hung in for net par on the second 9. I'm too tired to elaborate. NO golf tomorrow.
Wonder what kind of betting odds I could get on that. :unsure:

Tough day for me today. Qualifier for the state mid am. Everything started out well hit 3 wood down the middle, 5i to a green I couldn’t see to about 20 feet and 2 putt for par. Things went downhill after that. I hit a bit of a skanky 6i on a par 3 that knocked a tree and dropped in a trap 60 yards from the green. Came up short, didn’t get up and down then 2 putted for double. Third hole I had a 30 foot downhill putt that I ran 15 feet past (it was much faster than I thought) and 3 putted.

On the front 9 I had 3 doubles and a triple on the other par 3(pulled 5W left into trees had to pitch low and ran through into deep bunker, wedge on and 2 putt) to shoot a 46. At this point I was worried I might not break 90. I managed to shoot 41 on the back with only one double on the card. It seemed like for the day whenever I made a bad swing I wound up somewhere that cost me at least 2 strokes.

It was a difficult course and there were a lot of high scores. 77 which was +6 qualified and if I played half decent I should have been there. While 87 wasn’t good it was far from last and a number of golfers no carded which to me is a total bush move. If you sign up finish the round and post a score.

Tomorrow I have a qualifier for the US Senior Am. I figure it can’t go worse than today. I am going to try and just relax, make some solid swings and let the putts go

Wonder what kind of betting odds I could get on that. :unsure:
No good ones. If all goes well a little Asian lady will be climbing all over me trying to break me in half in the morning, and I won't be able to golf even if I want to afterward. ;)

+4 40 tonight but the score didn't concern me. What concerned me is my driver swing. The grinding on the range worked. The past 16-18 holes I've played, the driver has come alive and I finally feel confident again! I literally wasn't even trying to score tonight because I was just so giddy that I was able to get off the tee successfully. Best contact all season!

38 on a different course that I had never played. Was really enjoying it until the monsoon came and washed out the back nine.

Anyway, great day with the Velocity driver shaft and the ZX5 irons. :love:

I am officially in the market for (another) new putter. One of them MAY have suffered injuries in "an accident" today.

Puttmaster HAS to make putts, dammit!

Last edited:
Played the front nine at Charleston National this morning with my dad before the trip home. Made a birdie and two bogeys (because I flew two par 3 greens) before deciding to not wait for the old dudes on the back 9 before a 10 hour car ride.

lots of fun visuals and the course seems like it can definitely play with some unique dynamics depending on the selected tees. I’m looking forward to getting back down there to finish up the overall look. ...oh and to buy another logo straight down since @Jman has me hooked.

cool that you play most of your rounds there @PapaJohick - next time we’ll have to tee it up when I’m not in a rush.

ya the 2ndhole is easy to go over just because you’re afraid to leave it short. Although there’s way more area up front than it seems. The 7th is tough one just because of length and being all carry.

its definitely a course you need to have knowledge on to play decently but overall a good time. Pace can be really bad though this time of year. We can def play sometime when you get back down. Then I’ll take you to rivertowne for Arnold’s design here in town.

38 on a different course that I had never played. Was really enjoying it until the monsoon came and washed out the back nine.

Anyway, great day with the Velocity driver shaft and the ZX5 irons. :love:

I am officially in the market for (another) new putter. One of them MAY have suffered injuries in "an accident" today.

Puttmaster HAS to make putts, dammit!

I mean I have a couple for sale….

Back