2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Anyone have any luck hitting full shots with the 58 or 60*?
I've done it a few times and it worked fine, but the 58° is just generally not a full swing club for me. The PM Grind is magical around the greens though, I've never had another wedge that I felt so confident with and had so much fun hitting!

Pretty decent for me when I need it, which is not very often. Can get pretty sketchy out of fluffier lies, I'd assume same as most 60* wedges.
I've done it a few times and it worked fine, but the 58° is just generally not a full swing club for me. The PM Grind is magical around the greens though, I've never had another wedge that I felt so confident with and had so much fun hitting!

Hitting shots from 50-80 yards is fun for me. I think the 50 yarder wouldn’t be an issue but full swings may be. I have to get one and see.

This is pretty much me. Maybe I'll toss the 58* PM grind back in the bag and stop using it for full and Pelz shots. For as much as I struggled with it on the full shots it really is that good around the greens.

Last edited:
Anyone have any luck hitting full shots with the 58 or 60*?
I have decent luck with full-ish shots especially out of the rough. I've been a big PM Grind fan for about 3 years now.

The PM Grind is an absolute game changer in the bunkers for me. Can't imagine not having it in the bag.
i'm with you on that

I play my 64° for full shots when I need to get over a tree, that's the only time I would play it full.
I completely agree about bunkers, it's turned me into a bunker master! Haha
Absolutely love my PM Grind, tempted to add another.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Getting close to getting a back up off CPO. Just know they are going to release an update the second I do though. 😕

Getting close to getting a back up off CPO. Just know they are going to release an update the second I do though. 😕

Haha same. (Im)patiently waiting for a refresh. Love my JAWS wedges but miss the confidence the PM gives me around the green.

I’m interested to see if they release an update, but I’m not sure how they can improve upon it. I’m still madly in love with the PM Grind, there’s no club in my bag I enjoy hitting more.

Who is still playing more than one of these?
I've had so much success with the 64° that I'm sorely tempted to get either a 54° or 58°. Or maybe go down the middle and get a 56°.
I just don't seem to have the same success with 'regular' wedges in that range of lofts. I'm struggling with 50 to 100 yard shots and finding it easier to just take the 64° from 70 yards even if it's a full swing just to guarantee being on the green.
I think because of the ease of laying these open, it's much easier for me to play with a bigger out to in swing and allow the bounce to prevent digging. I can really clip shots from any lie with this technique.
The forum fav seems to be the 58° but what about in the lower lofts?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Still rocking the 54 and 58. The 58 is my favorite club in my bag. I replaced a 54 Jaws wedge with the PM 54 and like it better for a vareity of approach shots and longer flops. I also like the weight of it better then the Jaws. I have 115 gram shafts in mine.

I played the LAB Direct Force Putter, but even I can't handle these - I tried ... twice.

No doubt, a great wedge but I think Callaway could have broadened the market by doing what they announced today, about 4 yrs ago.

I played the LAB Direct Force Putter, but even I can't handle these - I tried ... twice.

No doubt, a great wedge but I think Callaway could have broadened the market by doing what they announced today, about 4 yrs ago.
To be fair, they created the segment 4 years ago.

Some may say the PM Grind is ugly, but it's absolute magic out of bunkers. There is no denying the performance of the PM Grind.

Some may say the PM Grind is ugly, but it's absolute magic out of bunkers. There is no denying the performance of the PM Grind.
Even Callaway has said it’s ugly :LOL:

Even Callaway has said it’s ugly :LOL:
Personally, the look of the wedge doesn't bother me. I actually like it, but I'm a weirdo.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To be fair, they created the segment 4 years ago.

lol - the memory fades, James, like the years.;)

Yes, to be fair.

I like the grooves all the way out to the edge - I mean, I played Edel Wedges, so of course, I liked that attribute. But that Phil high toe and the curves ... it's a great wedge.

Staying in the present, I really like what they are doing now. And seriously, great write-up. Well balanced.

Last edited:
picked up a backup off 2nd swing. couldn't find any like-new 60* just about anywhere, but I had been wanting to go back to 58 kinda anyways.

picked up a backup off 2nd swing. couldn't find any like-new 60* just about anywhere, but I had been wanting to go back to 58 kinda anyways.
They were hard to find back in Feb when I got my new one. I can't imagine how hard a new one is to find right now.

Back