Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

@OldandStiff looks like you have some new wedges to look at! Some Tuesday drops for you to look over.
Less offset, straighter front edge, improved C grind... I'm in!.

Not usually a fan of the big/full toe stuff personally, but I'll check them out for sure. Especially after 2 rounds putting my MD5's back in the bag the last couple rounds, remembering exactly why I don't play them, and basically throwing them out of the bag when I got home. Lol

Good write-up James! Sounds really impressive.

The black looks interesting, after some paint fill. I like raw face chrome too. Seems like a good style update. More DG Spinners for the scrap heap though.

Last edited:
Nice looking wedges. Would try in a 58 again. I had a 58 PM grind and liked for everything but full shots. Totally interested in this. Great write up!

These are exactly what i was looking for from Callaway! The PM Grind just were my cup of tea in the looks department. I can't wait to give these a try out in Carlsbad!!!!

These are exactly what i was looking for from Callaway! The PM Grind just were my cup of tea in the looks department. I can't wait to give these a try out in Carlsbad!!!!

Right there with you. I was talking about hoping for a wedge like this when I was playing this weekend. 😆

Right there with you. I was talking about hoping for a wedge like this when I was playing this weekend. 😆
I thought about you immediately when I saw this on the front page. Ask and you shall receive 😁

You say it doesn't replace the MD5...so does that mean this is a specialized line and that we should expect something like a MD6 (or whatever they want to call it) at a later date? Asking for a friend...

After this good read, and discussion, I find myself wanting to give them a try.

Wedges are becoming eye candy of late. I just got a Snake Bite and this thing shows up. I usually don't like Callaway stuff. This is nice.

At first glance, I enjoy how traditional these appear in form vs. the change that the Clevelands get as they move to full face. However, practically I would like to go play with the two of them to see if form follows function.

I REALLY WISH that there was a way to demo wedges on course rather than just in sims.

Never had a big issue with my pm grind (don’t usually take that shot anyhow, but occasionally have to). This wedge looks good and I’m a fan of forward design.

but I love my pm for what I need in a wedge at that loft and it won’t cost me $175. Hard to pay that type of cost for a club that gets replaced at least once a year.

This is a really solid offering it seems.

Jman, great great info, as always.

I feel like they took what was great about the PM grind, and improved on the things that weren't so great, I.E. full swings. Plus, they look incredible.

You say it doesn't replace the MD5...so does that mean this is a specialized line and that we should expect something like a MD6 (or whatever they want to call it) at a later date? Asking for a friend...
Cannot confirm nor deny. (y)

Oh these will be a preorder for me. Been waiting for them to make the announcement and they sounds awesome. A more playable PM grind would be close to a unicorn for a lot of folks.

I totally agree with this, and honestly, I think they went from the worst looking high toe wedge on the market to the best.
Great write up, @Jman, but yours always are.

I saw these wedges in a bag of a certain Callaway employee back in June while playing Torrey Pines. They look as great in person as they do in the photos. They seem to be an awesome package.

They look great.

But I guess I need to buy another PM grind 19 before they are gone.
Good luck finding one. I've been looking for a Tour Gray 58* for over a month now. Only well worn used ones on the bay and none of my local shops, PGASS or WWGS have any.
I like the look of the new one w/ a little less bounce than the PM grinds

Good luck finding one. I've been looking for a Tour Gray 58* for over a month now. Only well worn used ones on the bay and none of my local shops, PGASS or WWGS have any.
I like the look of the new one w/ a little less bounce than the PM grinds

bought a like-new tour gray 58* about an hour ago. check 2nd swing golf.

Good write up, @Jman. What Callaway has done is interesting (as always) and I get the tech behind it and the reasons why, but I'll have to try it before I'll be convinced it's better than the PM Grind. My love for the PM Grind is no secret, it's such a great club for me that it'll be hard to kick it out of the bag.

I've never been a fan of the look of full face high toe wedges. But as mentioned in the article, this one looks more refined and less off-putting. Especially the black. Would be willing to give it a shot for sure!

Still have never tried a full face groove wedge. The PM grind I thought was awful looking, these however look much better and as a fan of no glare wedges these have my attention as a must try.

Still have never tried a full face groove wedge. The PM grind I thought was awful looking, these however look much better and as a fan of no glare wedges these have my attention as a must try.
They look good outside. Setup is very traditional like.

With raw face :love:
Still not sure how I feel about rusty wedges, but it's all the rage. Does it ever come off on the ball?

Still not sure how I feel about rusty wedges, but it's all the rage. Does it ever come off on the ball?
Nope. And even if it did, it’d wipe off.

Back