What golf stuff did you buy today?

added my 8i to my 790 order...earliest arrival is 23 sep :(

I was planning on getting fit into a Epic Max, but this one just seemed to work better for me. With a Fujikura Air Speeder R shaft.

I was planning on getting fit into a Epic Max, but this one just seemed to work better for me. With a Fujikura Air Speeder R shaft.

Nice looking driver. The technology in today's drivers, from every manufacturer almost, is fantastic.

Tensei AV Blue 3 wood shaft arrived today. The 5 should arrive tomorrow. Then I’ll go to the range to try them out.
Current shafts Speed 519 are just too light.
The matching 5 wood shaft arrived. I have replaced both grips with midsize, hit a few hardish foam balls in the basement - I think these are keepers - if the weather holds I will find out something at the range tomorrow

I am both psyched and happy about this pending change.

Ordered Titleist T300 Irons 5-W48, AMT Red Shafts S300. Now to be patient and wait for them to come...up to 6 weeks

T300s with AMT Reds sounds like a great combo.

T300s with AMT Reds sounds like a great combo.

I went to the True Temper Event for THP back in October 2019. I was interested in the AMT clubs. I went for a lighter shaft in the steel, right now I play graphite so these will be little heavier. I needed some Irons/Shafts with a higher launch with a good descent angle into the green.

@KEV was talking about MG Golf gloves so ordered some to try out!
1629675930248.png

Last week I ordered a TM Fairway/Rescue 3 wood from 2nd Swing Golf. It arrived on Saturday and was in really good shape, considering it was over 16 years old.
I went to our local Dick's today to buy a new grip and get it installed. They had a total of less than 5 grips (excluding putter grips) in stock - luckily one of them was a jumbo, which I purchased. The golf guy said that since they weren't one of Dick's high volume stores, they weren't being shipped a lot of grips.
Interesting.

I ordered a Sub 70 699U Utility 6 iron to audition in place of my G410 6 hybrid. Sub 70 doesn't seem to get a lot of notice on THP, but they are great to deal with and make a quality product.

The 6 utility iron has loft of 27* and length of 38" and will have a Project X Even Flow Riptide 5.5 flex shaft like I have in my fairway woods and, at 88 gms (its a hybrid shaft) similar weight to the Recoil 80 in my Pings.

I was intrigued so I ordered some as well
@KEV and @ArmyGolf both said they are solid gloves, so I figured I would give them a go. If it works out, spending ~$9/glove is much better than $15-20/glove.

@KEV and @ArmyGolf both said they are solid gloves, so I figured I would give them a go. If it works out, spending ~$9/glove is much better than $15-20/glove.
I'll have a hard time buying other brands in the future. There are others out there that are softer and probably some that are a little more durable but for the price I don't think they can be beat.

1629736466641.png

New headcover depicting my game recently lol

Over the weekend I bought 18 holes and a cart 5 different times! Love playing new tracks with friends!

Back