Any Agronomist's On Board?

Chip Star

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a problem with this tree in my front yard, it's sorta sappy, but not soft like sap ... I was told it was a diseased.
What could I treat this with? The infected area seems to be in the red circle, and the close up should show what I'm saying.

Thanks folks !! im tree 2021 2.jpgim tree 2021.jpgim tree 2021 2.jpg

I thought you might be talking about a larger tree. For a tree that small I might consider just cutting the thing down, and replanting! What is your particular dedication to this tree?

Sounds like you need an arborist.

Yes you need an arborist. That being said, that is a young tree and there is probably nothing that can be done about it.
What type of tree is it? What other types of different trees are around it? If this is a type of elm tree it should be removed immediately, as it could transfer to other elms quite quickly.

I have a problem with this tree in my front yard, it's sorta sappy, but not soft like sap ... I was told it was a diseased.
What could I treat this with? The infected area seems to be in the red circle, and the close up should show what I'm saying.

Thanks folks !!
Take a trip over to Star Nursery and see what they tell you. Should have someone with a horticultural background working there.

yeah, its only like 3 years old ... I took more pictures and am on my way to Star Nursery to see what they say ... thanks ddstanford ...
appreciate the link ...

Yes you need an arborist. That being said, that is a young tree and there is probably nothing that can be done about it.
What type of tree is it? What other types of different trees are around it? If this is a type of elm tree it should be removed immediately, as it could transfer to other elms quite quickly.
It's like a plum tree ... nothing else much, around it ...

I thought you might be talking about a larger tree. For a tree that small I might consider just cutting the thing down, and replanting! What is your particular dedication to this tree?
I really dont want to pull it out ... its only been less than 3 years

The way I look at it, that's all the more reason to do it. You don't have all that much time invested in the thing. I could understand if you planted it, it thrived and grew, and was a beautiful tree for 15-20 years and then got sick, yes, you'd want to try to save it!

Back