2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

Yes, I will be going with a combo set. T200 4/5 and T100S 6-GW
Good stuff! I will know what’s going into the bag next Tuesday.

The feedback is good to have. It gives me pause when I see a one index recognize the challenge of a small profile. I surely hope that by going to the T200s in the 5 and 6 will address the issue you raise.

I have a fitting scheduled at the end of the month but I am concerned about the small size. I hit some at PGATSS the other day comparing to 921 Forged and the Forged being slightly larger was reassuring. I am playing Ping i200s right now and they are larger also.

Another hour in the books watching videos and reading reviews on the new TSeries Irons. I think I’m in love.

Another hour in the books watching videos and reading reviews on the new TSeries Irons. I think I’m in love.

man you guys are so lucky! i just built out a set online because i’m drinking and ripe to make a dumb decision. $1,500 for the setup i’m interested in. y’all are in for such a treat!!!

man you guys are so lucky! i just built out a set online because i’m drinking and ripe to make a dumb decision. $1,500 for the setup i’m interested in. y’all are in for such a treat!!!
Have another…hit buy…tell the wife you have no idea what happened.

Im beyond stoked & still a bit in shock. None of my neighborhood buddies can comprehend the experiences or testing that goes on here at THP.

expand please
hmm... Just requires a little different approach on really small things no one else really cares about. Where the mass is and isn't compared to a solid blade just changes how things fly, and react, and what you get out of different shots. Same with what's essentially an empty cavity on the TCB's. And it should probably, different design and all, same as any other different club design and why certain things fit everyone differently. I think here it just seems more noticeable to me because they look and sound so bladey. They're just different and will take more familiarity to know what I should/can do and how and whatnot with them. Like I said, I think it's kinds cool how different they all are from eachother.

Tomorrow, noonET!!!! Fitting session for my new T-series!!! Cannot wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked a fitting for next Tuesday. Currently playing mizuno mp59s. Love them when i hit well. Hoping to find a bit more forgiveness for those low or toe strikes that i occasionally get. I am used to and like the players profile of my current clubs, but will go with whatever our fitter says works best if it means i get a few more GIR per round and a bit better proximity to the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm... Just requires a little different approach on really small things no one else really cares about. Where the mass is and isn't compared to a solid blade just changes how things fly, and react, and what you get out of different shots. Same with what's essentially an empty cavity on the TCB's. And it should probably, different design and all, same as any other different club design and why certain things fit everyone differently. I think here it just seems more noticeable to me because they look and sound so bladey. They're just different and will take more familiarity to know what I should/can do and how and whatnot with them. Like I said, I think it's kinds cool how different they all are from eachother.
I just hope to hit a club in the center and feel ball compression. I don’t know how much I would give to be able to have the kind of ball striking ability that one would have to have to feel these nuances, but I probably shouldn’t throw out any numbers, because it is a lot.

The fitting with Randy was at a course I've played before up north. I went a bit early to get loose and thought that was a good idea. After hitting every iron in the bag at least a club shorter than normal, sometimes two. I was worried a little bit. I had hit a large bucket (160 balls) and played 9 and I guess it took a little out of me this morning.

After he had finished setting up I walked over and introduced myself. Told him what I had experienced on the range. Was hoping there would be balls other than the range balls available to hit, but at least we were hitting the same range balls I knew were coming up shorter. He said not to worry about it as I had my irons there. He had me swing my 7I to get a baseline to go from.

So a baseline was set with the range balls and my ZX7 7I. I know what it goes on the course so I wasn't worried what the numbers would show as they would be based off what I know.

He asked me questions about my miss, flight, spin and what I wanted to accomplish. I told him whatever he saw and wanted to try I was okay with and would leave my thoughts to the side. Well...except that I requested to hit the Tensei AV white. He didn't have that but had the Red and he said we could swing it later. Also saying it wasn't going to work but we would try. I didn't want anything higher in flight that might balloon and wanted my spin to come down...all set.

He explained that he didn't have a lot of Xstiff shafts available but we would get to them. First, he wanted to try the Project X LZ in 6.0. Explained I have hit that combo before but would let him be the judge after seeing it. We promptly moved into the X shafts he had.

He had wanted to start me in the T100 line and thought for sure those would be the one's. After seeing the flight and the spin numbers he explained they weren't too bad but a touch high. We moved into the T100s and numbers started to come in line with what I wanted and he thought was a good range.

I think he saw I was trying to give it more than was needed due to what I was experiencing on the range. He stopped me and said I didn't need to reach for more and to relax a bit with the distance he was seeing. It started to click, but not right away.

Nippon Modus3 X
Same shaft I play in the ZX7's and figured this would be a good start...it wasn't, weird.

KBS Tour X

This one didn't last long

KBS $Taper X

This one was better, but didn't like the feel.

True Temper AMT Tour White X100
He asked how I felt about X100 shafts and I told him I didn't like the way they felt or performed. I didn't know it was the AMT at the time as I tried not to look at the shafts before I swung them.

This combo felt really good and from his comments about the numbers on the first couple swings, he stopped looking and said to go ahead and keep hitting. I stopped to look at the shaft and then realized what I was swinging. Never have hit them before. The match was made for me it looked like...in the 7I at least.

He wanted me to hit the PW in the same combo to make sure as the weights progress through the set. Two swings and he said it wouldn't be a problem...haha. The distance I hit that PW surprised him, me and the other guys there. My swing had started to come back. I asked to hit the GW as my order was going to include that and wanted to see the distance on a full swing. He didn't have the exact match but swung it a few times and liked what I saw.

Tensei AV Red

He said we could try the graphite option now in the stiff he had. I was hoping it would work out, but alas his thoughts were confirmed. I kept wanting to try and he asked for it back...haha! Couldn't find the head in the swing at all and boy was it comical.

I told him I wanted to hit the T200 with the same shaft and see what happens. He replied we know what will happen and you won't have anything at the bottom to fill the gap. Well...he wasn't wrong! Man those things are fun to hit and I didn't want to stop hitting them! They look really good behind the ball and all over, just a solid club! There is no way I could play a set and even a blended set wouldn't work on the top end. I was actually hoping it would, but then there are the T200 DI that are still out there to find!

Randy was sending the order into Luke and got the confirmation today from Luke that he indeed had received it. Wanted to make sure I was Right Handed as that was left off....haha.

Ordered
4-GW T100s
TT AMT TW X100
2 flat with standard grips.

I can change the grips out later as those could delay the build he said.

We actually went through all that pretty quickly and Randy asked if I wanted to try anything else. He didn't have the T200 Driving Irons but had the old version he used and let me swing his personal club. It was really nice but wanted to try the new stuff.

I then casually asked about the drivers. He loaded up a TSi3 for me and it was glorious. He explained the series and I asked if he had the TSi4...he did. Hit the cover off the ball with that one. Then asked for the 8 degree TSi4 and kept getting better. More on that later.

Sorry this went on...could have been longer too...haha.

Ordered a set of T300 custom specs on July 29th. Just received word from Titleist via Carl's Golfland that they should ship around September 24th. FYI for those hoping that the supply chain is being resolved anytime soon.

Well, fitting is done, and the results are in. I'll post more a bit later complete with trackman data, but here's where things wound up:

U505 4-iron standard loft, length and lie, Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R-flex
T-300 5-GW standard length and lie, 2 degrees weak, SteelFiber i80 R-flex

We decided on the 2 degrees weak because of my goal to hit the ball higher and with more spin. The t-300 / Aerotech was hitting the ball something like 10 yards farther than my current PTxPro. The fitter thought that by going 2 degrees weak, I'd pick up a bit more launch and spin, and even better descent angle for more stopping power. He felt I'd only give back about 4 yards of distance that way. My home course has several elevated, smaller greens that tend to the firm side. So higher trajectory, more spin, and steeper descent will help with that goal. If the weaker loft doesn't work out, I have a loft and lie machine and can easily knock them back to standard spec.

Bottom line: the dispersion was SO much tighter with this setup, it's crazy! I'm looking forward to hitting a lot more greens and getting my handicap back into the single digits soon. I'll follow up a little later with Trackman data.

What an awesome experience, thanks again Titleist and THP!

Last edited:
Well, fitting is done, and the results are in. I'll post more a bit later complete with trackman data, but here's where things wound up:

U505 4-iron standard loft, length and lie, Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R-flex
T-300 5-GW standard length and lie, 2 degrees weak, SteelFiber i80 R-flex

I did just email the fitter and asked him to request the GW standard loft instead of 2 degrees weak, for better gapping with the 9-iron through PW.

We decided on the 2 degrees weak because of my goal to hit the ball higher and with more spin. The t-300 / Aerotech was hitting the ball something like 10 yards farther than my current PTxPro. The fitter thought that by going 2 degrees weak, I'd pick up a bit more launch and spin, and even better descent angle for more stopping power. He felt I'd only give back about 4 yards of distance that way. My home course has several elevated, smaller greens that tend to the firm side. So higher trajectory, more spin, and steeper descent will help with that goal. If the weaker loft doesn't work out, I have a loft and lie machine and can easily knock them back to standard spec.

Bottom line: the dispersion was SO much tighter with this setup, it's crazy! I'm looking forward to hitting a lot more greens and getting my handicap back into the single digits soon. I'll follow up a little later with Trackman data.

What an awesome experience, thanks again Titleist and THP!

We need to get together for a round after your experience. I still haven't played cherokee valley.

Me with my t200s from the budget experience, you with your t300s from the titleist experience.

Funny thing is, the ptx pros are my current gamers too:ROFLMAO:

We need to get together for a round after your experience. I still haven't played cherokee valley.

Me with my t200s from the budget experience, you with your t300s from the titleist experience.

Funny thing is, the ptx pros are my current gamers too:ROFLMAO:
Yes, David, we need to do that soon.

Talk about sexy!!! Write up on the fitting coming up later.2E219667-F51F-4C45-A1E4-A26A0869D303.jpeg

The fitting with Randy was at a course I've played before up north. I went a bit early to get loose and thought that was a good idea. After hitting every iron in the bag at least a club shorter than normal, sometimes two. I was worried a little bit. I had hit a large bucket (160 balls) and played 9 and I guess it took a little out of me this morning.

After he had finished setting up I walked over and introduced myself. Told him what I had experienced on the range. Was hoping there would be balls other than the range balls available to hit, but at least we were hitting the same range balls I knew were coming up shorter. He said not to worry about it as I had my irons there. He had me swing my 7I to get a baseline to go from.

So a baseline was set with the range balls and my ZX7 7I. I know what it goes on the course so I wasn't worried what the numbers would show as they would be based off what I know.

He asked me questions about my miss, flight, spin and what I wanted to accomplish. I told him whatever he saw and wanted to try I was okay with and would leave my thoughts to the side. Well...except that I requested to hit the Tensei AV white. He didn't have that but had the Red and he said we could swing it later. Also saying it wasn't going to work but we would try. I didn't want anything higher in flight that might balloon and wanted my spin to come down...all set.

He explained that he didn't have a lot of Xstiff shafts available but we would get to them. First, he wanted to try the Project X LZ in 6.0. Explained I have hit that combo before but would let him be the judge after seeing it. We promptly moved into the X shafts he had.

He had wanted to start me in the T100 line and thought for sure those would be the one's. After seeing the flight and the spin numbers he explained they weren't too bad but a touch high. We moved into the T100s and numbers started to come in line with what I wanted and he thought was a good range.

I think he saw I was trying to give it more than was needed due to what I was experiencing on the range. He stopped me and said I didn't need to reach for more and to relax a bit with the distance he was seeing. It started to click, but not right away.

Nippon Modus3 X
Same shaft I play in the ZX7's and figured this would be a good start...it wasn't, weird.

KBS Tour X
This one didn't last long

KBS $Taper X
This one was better, but didn't like the feel.

True Temper AMT Tour White X100
He asked how I felt about X100 shafts and I told him I didn't like the way they felt or performed. I didn't know it was the AMT at the time as I tried not to look at the shafts before I swung them.

This combo felt really good and from his comments about the numbers on the first couple swings, he stopped looking and said to go ahead and keep hitting. I stopped to look at the shaft and then realized what I was swinging. Never have hit them before. The match was made for me it looked like...in the 7I at least.

He wanted me to hit the PW in the same combo to make sure as the weights progress through the set. Two swings and he said it wouldn't be a problem...haha. The distance I hit that PW surprised him, me and the other guys there. My swing had started to come back. I asked to hit the GW as my order was going to include that and wanted to see the distance on a full swing. He didn't have the exact match but swung it a few times and liked what I saw.

Tensei AV Red
He said we could try the graphite option now in the stiff he had. I was hoping it would work out, but alas his thoughts were confirmed. I kept wanting to try and he asked for it back...haha! Couldn't find the head in the swing at all and boy was it comical.

I told him I wanted to hit the T200 with the same shaft and see what happens. He replied we know what will happen and you won't have anything at the bottom to fill the gap. Well...he wasn't wrong! Man those things are fun to hit and I didn't want to stop hitting them! They look really good behind the ball and all over, just a solid club! There is no way I could play a set and even a blended set wouldn't work on the top end. I was actually hoping it would, but then there are the T200 DI that are still out there to find!

Randy was sending the order into Luke and got the confirmation today from Luke that he indeed had received it. Wanted to make sure I was Right Handed as that was left off....haha.

Ordered
4-GW T100s
TT AMT TW X100
2 flat with standard grips.

I can change the grips out later as those could delay the build he said.

We actually went through all that pretty quickly and Randy asked if I wanted to try anything else. He didn't have the T200 Driving Irons but had the old version he used and let me swing his personal club. It was really nice but wanted to try the new stuff.

I then casually asked about the drivers. He loaded up a TSi3 for me and it was glorious. He explained the series and I asked if he had the TSi4...he did. Hit the cover off the ball with that one. Then asked for the 8 degree TSi4 and kept getting better. More on that later.

Sorry this went on...could have been longer too...haha.
Nice!! Congrats on getting things fitted and it sounds like confidence should be high with this set. That's awesome.

Love that setup BTW too! I could happily play that set.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Some quick thoughts…
  1. T Series line is downright sexy to look
  2. What Titleist sound?
  3. Long and Lethal

tempImage5ZARUw.jpg
Arriving at Haas Family Golf, owned by Jay Haas and his family. Notice it's also a Club Champion fitting center, but I wasn't destined for there.

IMG_3049.jpeg

I was there to meet the Titleist guy, waiting for me ALLLLLL the way down at the end of the grass range!

tempImageiWW92M.jpg

Adam is the regional Titleist rep for the Southeast, based out of Atlanta. Drove 2.5 hours one way for this fitting.

tempImage9pt1yZ.jpg
tempImageZbltif.jpg
He was fully set up and waiting when I got there. Check out all the toys!

tempImageJntB2w.jpg

Here's the two of us post-session

tempImageTVj4Lq.jpg
And here are the new weapons!

More to follow with the trackman data....

View attachment 9026360
Arriving at Haas Family Golf, owned by Jay Haas and his family. Notice it's also a Club Champion fitting center, but I wasn't destined for there.

View attachment 9026359

I was there to meet the Titleist guy, waiting for me ALLLLLL the way down at the end of the grass range!

View attachment 9026361

Adam is the regional Titleist rep for the Southeast, based out of Atlanta. Drove 2.5 hours one way for this fitting.

View attachment 9026362
View attachment 9026363
He was fully set up and waiting when I got there. Check out all the toys!

View attachment 9026364

Here's the two of us post-session

View attachment 9026365
And here are the new weapons!

More to follow with the trackman data....
Way to represent, Adam!!! Good stuff. Love it!

IMG_3042.jpeg
Here's the T300 and the Hogan PTxPro 7-irons side by side.

Nice!! Congrats on getting things fitted and it sounds like confidence should be high with this set. That's awesome.

Love that setup BTW too! I could happily play that set.
Play them...for what, like two rounds before changing everything? Hahaha

Just jelly, don't hate on me.

Back