2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

Play them...for what, like two rounds before changing everything? Hahaha

Just jelly, don't hate on me.
I just got my T100 set up to match the rest, and shot the lights out today with them.

... there will be no changes.

I played AMT White X100 last summer though and loved them. And I know what I get with them, so I like it as a demo shaft too. Have hit it a lot on the new 100 and 100S. Like it. (y)

In looking over the data one more time, I noticed that the dispersion oval that I thought was for the standard length SteelFiber was actually the one for the 1/2” longer one. Looking at the numbers, it seemed like the 1/2” long was better for me on most if not all of the important metrics.

I sent a message to Adam and he reviewed the numbers and called me. He agreed that the numbers show I should be hitting 1/2” long, so that’s what we are ordering.

I think you’ll agree when I upload the trackman numbers.

Glad you got to hit them them with steelfiber’s, I was really hoping to get a chance to try the i110’s but they weren’t in his arsenal as of yet.

Fitter sent me a video of my swing. I have about 4 swing planes.

So today was my fitting for the THP Titleist Experience. To say the build up was exciting would be an understatement. I made the 1 hr 15 min drive up to Fernandina Beach Golf Club to meet with Mike the local Titleist rep.

Before we got started Mike wanted to know a little bit about my game (how long I’ve been playing, have I been fit before, what was my typical miss (thin or heavy), ball flight & why I played the shafts I had in my set). However the best thing Mike wanted to know was, “What is THP all about?” This gave me the opportunity to explain how THP has changed my knowledge & love for the game ten fold. To say he was blown away was about right. 😀

We proceeded to talk about the techIn the new T-Series irons across the line. Based on my preference in look we homes in specifically in the T100, T100s & T200’s. The T300’s looked just as good as the others but we decided to focus on the T100/s & T200. We moved on to some baseline numbers with my current gamer’s the Bridgestone J40CB 7iron. So Mike asked me if I typically hit a fade & my response was don’t ask me to try to hit a draw. More to come later…

Now on to the T-100 7i paired up with a TT DG comparable to what I play now. The irons felt amazing however I just wasn’t generating much ball speed & nor the launch or decent angle that Mike was looking for. Spin was high as well. We moved into the T100s same shaft and saw better numbers across the board, but spin was high.

Next came the T-200 7i with the DG shaft and had comparable numbers to what we were seeing with the T100/s 7iron. At this point Mike felt it was time to look at some other shaft profiles.

We narrowed down to the T100s line and focused down on shaft selection.

First up was the Project X 6.0, which I did not prefer that much. Shaft just felt to rigid fo me.
Next up was the C-Taper and while it felt good it didn’t produce the effect we were looking for. I couldn’t feel the club through the swing and hit quite a few fat shots.

The winning shaft was the KBS Tour. My spin rate came down, while picking up ball speeds from 112-115mph on the 7i. My carry distances were in the 165yd area. Ihad never hit this shaft before & it felt so good. Next we look at length of the shaft. I currently play Standard length & Mike noticed that I just wasn’t hitting the ball clean. We went a 1/2” longer and I was hitting further off the toe. He then handed me a shaft and midway through the swing I stopped, looked at Mike and said this feels short. His response was just swing it and see the response. Pure center strike andthe ball just popped off the club head. Ball speeds up & a carry distance of 179yds. Wowzers!!! 1/2” shorter in length & I was hitting just straight shots no losing the ball right.

So the verdict on club setup 4-GW…
4i T200
5i-GW T100s
Shaft: KBS Tour
-1/2 length
Golf Pride Tour Velvet

This set is going to be straight lethal & have me feeling confident on every iron shot! Thanks to THP & Titleist on a start to an amazing experience. Is it October 20th yet?!?!?!

Awesome, Maynard!! So cool what a quality fitter can do for us, no? October 20 seems like an eon from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome, Maynard!! So cool was a quality fitter can do for us, no? October 20 seems like an eon from now.

I mean who knew I was playing a longer shaft that was preventing optimal performance?!?!
However these T100s irons pack a powerful punch!

I mean who knew I was playing a longer shaft that was preventing optimal performance?!?!
However these T100s irons pack a powerful punch!

pretty unreal for their profile, right?!

Great recaps guys. Friday is my fitting ang I hope and do half as good explaining my experience as you all. Friday feels a month away.

Well, fitting is done, and the results are in. I'll post more a bit later complete with trackman data, but here's where things wound up:

U505 4-iron standard loft, length and lie, Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R-flex
T-300 5-GW standard length and lie, 2 degrees weak, SteelFiber i80 R-flex

We decided on the 2 degrees weak because of my goal to hit the ball higher and with more spin. The t-300 / Aerotech was hitting the ball something like 10 yards farther than my current PTxPro. The fitter thought that by going 2 degrees weak, I'd pick up a bit more launch and spin, and even better descent angle for more stopping power. He felt I'd only give back about 4 yards of distance that way. My home course has several elevated, smaller greens that tend to the firm side. So higher trajectory, more spin, and steeper descent will help with that goal. If the weaker loft doesn't work out, I have a loft and lie machine and can easily knock them back to standard spec.

Bottom line: the dispersion was SO much tighter with this setup, it's crazy! I'm looking forward to hitting a lot more greens and getting my handicap back into the single digits soon. I'll follow up a little later with Trackman data.

What an awesome experience, thanks again Titleist and THP!
Have you played the Steelfibers i80 before your fitting? I’m curious how they felt weight wise and how was the dampening properties? Also did you feel they play a little stiff for the flex? I expect to end up with the 300s and wouldn’t be surprised if the shaft is the SF i80.

Looks like you guys are pretty well getting everything locked up ….great posts!

Reactions: J4U
So today was my fitting for the THP Titleist Experience. To say the build up was exciting would be an understatement. I made the 1 hr 15 min drive up to Fernandina Beach Golf Club to meet with Mike the local Titleist rep.

Before we got started Mike wanted to know a little bit about my game (how long I’ve been playing, have I been fit before, what was my typical miss (thin or heavy), ball flight & why I played the shafts I had in my set). However the best thing Mike wanted to know was, “What is THP all about?” This gave me the opportunity to explain how THP has changed my knowledge & love for the game ten fold. To say he was blown away was about right. 😀

We proceeded to talk about the techIn the new T-Series irons across the line. Based on my preference in look we homes in specifically in the T100, T100s & T200’s. The T300’s looked just as good as the others but we decided to focus on the T100/s & T200. We moved on to some baseline numbers with my current gamer’s the Bridgestone J40CB 7iron. So Mike asked me if I typically hit a fade & my response was don’t ask me to try to hit a draw. More to come later…

Now on to the T-100 7i paired up with a TT DG comparable to what I play now. The irons felt amazing however I just wasn’t generating much ball speed & nor the launch or decent angle that Mike was looking for. Spin was high as well. We moved into the T100s same shaft and saw better numbers across the board, but spin was high.

Next came the T-200 7i with the DG shaft and had comparable numbers to what we were seeing with the T100/s 7iron. At this point Mike felt it was time to look at some other shaft profiles.

We narrowed down to the T100s line and focused down on shaft selection.

First up was the Project X 6.0, which I did not prefer that much. Shaft just felt to rigid fo me.
Next up was the C-Taper and while it felt good it didn’t produce the effect we were looking for. I couldn’t feel the club through the swing and hit quite a few fat shots.

The winning shaft was the KBS Tour. My spin rate came down, while picking up ball speeds from 112-115mph on the 7i. My carry distances were in the 165yd area. Ihad never hit this shaft before & it felt so good. Next we look at length of the shaft. I currently play Standard length & Mike noticed that I just wasn’t hitting the ball clean. We went a 1/2” longer and I was hitting further off the toe. He then handed me a shaft and midway through the swing I stopped, looked at Mike and said this feels short. His response was just swing it and see the response. Pure center strike andthe ball just popped off the club head. Ball speeds up & a carry distance of 179yds. Wowzers!!! 1/2” shorter in length & I was hitting just straight shots no losing the ball right.

So the verdict on club setup 4-GW…
4i T200
5i-GW T100s
Shaft: KBS Tour
-1/2 length
Golf Pride Tour Velvet

This set is going to be straight lethal & have me feeling confident on every iron shot! Thanks to THP & Titleist on a start to an amazing experience. Is it October 20th yet?!?!?!

Great stuff here, did your fitter address swing weight when you go 1/2" short?

I got to hit the T100 long irons next to my T100S yesterday and expected this massive feel and performance difference…but it wasn’t what I got at all.

The S spun about 150 RPM less for me, thus the 100 were a bit easier to work with more spin but it was slight overall, also had my +4 HS kiddo hit them and saw the same, he can turn either hard, pretty easily. Both profiles are made for that though, these are compact irons meant for the best in the world who demand workability.

Also, we did see the 2-3 mph ball speed difference in the long irons, so it’s not marketing people. Flight was a touch lower in the S, but not much. In fact, it’s just like when we at THP had our discussion directly with the Titleist crew, the S is the best of all worlds without giving up much, it’ll be the best fit for most amateurs in the end.

Have you played the Steelfibers i80 before your fitting? I’m curious how they felt weight wise and how was the dampening properties? Also did you feel they play a little stiff for the flex? I expect to end up with the 300s and wouldn’t be surprised if the shaft is the SF i80.

I had not played i80s before. I did have SteelFiber 110s in some Mizunos a couple of years ago, in Stiff. As far as weight, they felt fine. I have been playing Recoil 780s which are about the same weight. Strangely the SteelFibers allowed me to track the club a bit better through the swing compared to the Hogans with Recoil.

They did not feel STIFFER to me, but rather they are lower torque in the tip, compared to the Recoils. So I would say that they felt more stable. Dispersion was SO much tighter with them.

By the time I get to NM and pick these up I will be 64 years old, so Happy Birthday to me! These are going to be a great setup for me. (Hogans will be on the market soon!)

Well, fitting is done, and the results are in. I'll post more a bit later complete with trackman data, but here's where things wound up:

U505 4-iron standard loft, length and lie, Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R-flex
T-300 5-GW standard length and lie, 2 degrees weak, SteelFiber i80 R-flex

We decided on the 2 degrees weak because of my goal to hit the ball higher and with more spin. The t-300 / Aerotech was hitting the ball something like 10 yards farther than my current PTxPro. The fitter thought that by going 2 degrees weak, I'd pick up a bit more launch and spin, and even better descent angle for more stopping power. He felt I'd only give back about 4 yards of distance that way. My home course has several elevated, smaller greens that tend to the firm side. So higher trajectory, more spin, and steeper descent will help with that goal. If the weaker loft doesn't work out, I have a loft and lie machine and can easily knock them back to standard spec.

Bottom line: the dispersion was SO much tighter with this setup, it's crazy! I'm looking forward to hitting a lot more greens and getting my handicap back into the single digits soon. I'll follow up a little later with Trackman data.

What an awesome experience, thanks again Titleist and THP!

Thanks for the nice feedback @gbtrsc I enjoyed our fitting and I’m excited for you to receive your new clubs! Appreciate your support for Titleist.

Birthday present to myself for making it to 50! My mixed set of T100S & T200's will be built soon! (y)

1631106344252.png

The S spun about 150 RPM less for me, thus the 100 were a bit easier to work with more spin but it was slight overall, also had my +4 HS kiddo hit them and saw the same, he can turn either hard, pretty easily. Both profiles are made for that though, these are compact irons meant for the best in the world who demand workability.

Makes it easy to coach when you have that kind of talent on the team. Would be fun watching him perform. Hopefully he is being recruited to a good golf school .

Makes it easy to coach when you have that kind of talent on the team. Would be fun watching him perform. Hopefully he is being recruited to a good golf school .
We are getting there! He is special!

Thanks for the nice feedback @gbtrsc I enjoyed our fitting and I’m excited for you to receive your new clubs! Appreciate your support for Titleist.
Well look who joined THP! This is Adam, who did an outstanding job with my fitting session. Adam, you were extremely helpful and patient with me, and your communication throughout the process, from planning to execution then followup, was outstanding. I am SO fired up to get my new Titleist irons, and watch my scores plummet! These will be my first Titleist irons since my DCI Blacks about, oh, 100 years or so ago! Thanks again Adam!

OK here is some of my data from Trackman for my fitting.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.07.43 AM.png

The brown T300 Aerotech is the standard length.
The gray T300 Aerotech is the 1/2" long.

There's a few swings with the T-200, with Ventus Blue and with Aerotech i80.
The lighter blue oval is with my PTxPro and Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4.

So you will notice that the 1/2" long Aerotech was the tightest oval both side to side and especially for distance.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.13.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.15.34 AM.png
Average with my Hogans

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.13.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.16.07 AM.png
Average with the Aerotech Standard length

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.15.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.16.29 AM.png
Averages with the Aerotech +1/2

Notice how much better the consistency was at +1/2 ! +3 ball speed, +3.5 yards, +100 RPM, same landing angle, higher ball flight. But better consistency almost across the board. Very revealing fitting.

OK here is some of my data from Trackman for my fitting.

View attachment 9026441

The brown T300 Aerotech is the standard length.
The gray T300 Aerotech is the 1/2" long.

There's a few swings with the T-200, with Ventus Blue and with Aerotech i80.
The lighter blue oval is with my PTxPro and Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4.

So you will notice that the 1/2" long Aerotech was the tightest oval both side to side and especially for distance.

View attachment 9026443View attachment 9026446
Average with my Hogans

View attachment 9026444View attachment 9026447
Average with the Aerotech Standard length

View attachment 9026445View attachment 9026448
Averages with the Aerotech +1/2

Notice how much better the consistency was at +1/2 ! +3 ball speed, +3.5 yards, +100 RPM, same landing angle, higher ball flight. But better consistency almost across the board. Very revealing fitting.

absolutely LOVE stuff like this!!! awesome set. looking forward to your feedback!

Back