IMO it's simple, these guys are our Professionals, and I believe Professionals should be held to a higher standard, including appearance. Pants on tour will always have a professional look as opposed to shorts on tour.

With that said, I doubt I'd be upset if shorts were allowed.

Well stated. This sums it up for me.

I prefer the look of seeing them in pants while watching on TV. Buuuut, it is probably just because that is what my brain is accustomed to. Just like when the NBA did the jerseys with sleeves a few years ago. Just an odd look. Shorts for practice rounds always seem odd to me.
If they were to start wearing shorts tomorrow it would look weird for a bit, but I have absolutely nothing against it happening.

i still like the pants look. something about it still seems to preserve the pomp and circumstance of a professional pga tour event. however, i have no issue with shorts.

i still like the pants look. something about it still seems to preserve the pomp and circumstance of a professional pga tour event. however, i have no issue with shorts.
See this is where I’m on the fence. I’m so big on tradition in a lot of things, and fear we are already losing it with untucked, mock necks, blade collars, etc

With that said, those are all allowed, so struggle to find the viewpoint for pants/shorts.

Shorts should be allowed. There is absolutely no reason in this day and age why they don’t allow it!

I think if a player goes down because of the heat, they will allow them. It was the same way with the caddies and one sadly passed away.
If a player goes down because of heat it won't be because of pants. Studies have been done that show having a light protective layer over the skin is better for you than the direct sunlight.

See this is where I’m on the fence. I’m so big on tradition in a lot of things, and fear we are already losing it with untucked, mock necks, blade collars, etc

With that said, those are all allowed, so struggle to find the viewpoint for pants/shorts.
Blade collars and mocks should never have been allowed, and wouldn't have except Tiger.

If a player goes down because of heat it won't be because of pants. Studies have been done that show having a light protective layer over the skin is better for you than the direct sunlight.
Surprising, I didn't know that.

I'd 100% be good with the pros wearing shorts. Personally, I hate wearing long pants on the golf course and don't do it unless it's so cold that I absolutely have to.

I'm all for them wearing shorts if they so desire.

They need to ban whatever table cloths Ian Poulter's mom is sewing into pants before they allow shorts.

While I have shorts on in my avi picture, I prefer pants. Shoot, I usually wear my quarter zip (also shown in the avi lol) or hoodie through the round unless the temps break 85 or so.

Saying that though, shorts wouldn't bother me in the slightest seeing it on TV. But it has been mentioned, that a lot of pants now days keep you just as cool anyway so it would just come down to what the pro prefers. And if that's shorts, let them wear shorts

It should 100% happen, but, we have too many curmudgeons in this game.

So, I say leave it up to each tournament individually. I bet it would lead to some actually ending up with better fields.

IMO it's simple, these guys are our Professionals, and I believe Professionals should be held to a higher standard, including appearance. Pants on tour will always have a professional look as opposed to shorts on tour.

With that said, I doubt I'd be upset if shorts were allowed.
professional, like this?
1631568446142.png1631568479618.png1631568537755.png

I'm completely okay if a player wants to wear shorts. I'd also be okay if there were stipulations around what type/length shorts were permitted. I.E. no jean shorts or cargos.

I'm completely okay if a player wants to wear shorts. I'd also be okay if there were stipulations around what type/length shorts were permitted. I.E. no jean shorts or cargos.
I mean, I'd think that would be a given. At least I'd hope so!

One of my biggest reason I never wanted to joined the PGA was the attire codes Specifically not being able to wear shorts.
Players should be allowed to choose comfort, playing golf in high humidity and heat with pants on just doesn't feel right to me.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I think the professional golf tours should have dress codes. And I see no reason why PGA Tour dress codes can't include shorts as part of that dress code.

Let them wear the skorts the ladies wear if the really want to do shorts. I would assume their ruling body doesn't promote discrimination.

From my opinion, if they want to wear shorts go for it. If they want to wear pants, get an office job! (I kid, that's fine too)

Shorts should be allowed on tour. Joggers should be banned from everything
Now get off my lawn 😈😈

Back