Can Koepka Beat Tiger's Major Total

Give your head a shake Brooks….I doubt he makes it to 50% of Tiger. Especially with his injury history.

No chance. Way too many injuries still fairly early in his career.

Man he's a dufus. He can't stay healthy at 31, how is the rest of his career going to go?

Plus he got engaged and everyone knows that's the kiss of death to the golf career :ROFLMAO:.

Man he's a dufus. He can't stay healthy at 31, how is the rest of his career going to go?

Plus he got engaged and everyone knows that's the kiss of death to the golf career :ROFLMAO:.
1631671325249.png

I like the confidence. I don't see it happening though. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him at least double what he has now.

I agree I like his confidence but I don’t see anyway he catches Tiger never mind Jack. He won his 4 in a short period of time and hasn’t won one in a few years. Let’s see him get his 5th and take it from there.

I generally like Brooks, but sometimes he is the unofficial Real Housewife of the PGA Tour.

At that level everybody's got it, But do you have to flaunt it and otherwise be so obnoxious about it?

I could see Brooks picking up 1 more, not 10 more.

Even 12 years off his peak, golf still remains so fixated on Tiger. We want someone to pick up his mantle and just start blowing out the field out in major after major, we want to see another run at history. That's not happening. The field is too deep, and much to the PGA's chagrin, no one in it is the next Tiger.

I don't mind the statement or attitude, but there's no way. He wouldn't have to begin with, and then once the injuries and time off for them sets in like it has, you're seriously against the clock. The body clock, and just the clock, clock.

Nope. Koepka's too much of a jerk. He won't be able to keep his mind in the right place to win that much. After the failures pile up he'll retire due to "injury."

I agree you have to believe it, but you just don't have to say it.

Not sure why someone cannot say they believe in themselves, their work and their approach. That said, statistically, no Koepka won't catch Tiger.

I have no issue with what he said. If you dont believe you can do it.....you wont do it. But, Nnnnnnnnnnno. Sorry Brooks that target is out of reach im my opinion.

I'd think he should focus on any win and then try pass Phil's major total.

Baby steps!

Uh... NO.

Listen, I'm all for Brooks but whatever pipe he's frequenting, it's simply no bueno. Just say no.

I appreciate his confidence and no doubt he has the game to chase down multiple majors, but I just don't think he has it mentally in the heat of battle to do it. The PGA with Phil showed he can be thrown off his game and not come away a winner.

He is slowly becoming a player I am routing to fail with his attitude. I get you need that self confidence to perform at the highest level, but a little humility goes a long way.

If he believes he can he may.

I'd think he should focus on any win and then try pass Phil's major total.

Baby steps!
I agree with this. I don't think he really wants to win enough to catch Tiger and definitely not Jack. Tiger wanted to win every single week he stuck the tee in the ground. He was coming for you. That alone put the fear into the regular tour pros and made them melt. All these guys have beat Koepka because of the way he treats regular events. There is no fear of him from the other top players. Koepka is not in their head. Tiger was in everyone's head.

No, He’s not good enough.

Nope. Koepka's too much of a jerk. He won't be able to keep his mind in the right place to win that much. After the failures pile up he'll retire due to "injury."

I agree you have to believe it, but you just don't have to say it.
Isn’t he the opposite mind wise? The only place he DOES keep his brain is on majors.

And he’s never been afraid of failure, you do know the path he chose to take to the Tour, right?

I love the statement. Not a snowballs chance in hell of it happening, but I love that he said it. Just like I lived Bryson saying what he did about Augusta. You don’t want a mentality of “be pretty good”, you want one of great.

Now, if he plays 14 more years that would be the shocker here. :LOL:

I agree with this. I don't think he really wants to win enough to catch Tiger and definitely not Jack. Tiger wanted to win every single week he stuck the tee in the ground. He was coming for you. That alone put the fear into the regular tour pros and made them melt. All these guys have beat Koepka because of the way he treats regular events. There is no fear of him from the other top players. Koepka is not in their head. Tiger was in everyone's head.
Isn't Brooks the guy who said he doesn't even really like golf and wishes he would have played baseball instead?

I agree that he's not in anybody's head (well, except maybe Bryson's). I'm not a Tiger fan, but there's no denying his dominance - when he showed up for a tournament (while in his prime), everybody else was pretty much resigned to the fact that they were playing for second place at best. I don't think anybody feels that way about Koepka, he could MC just as easily as he could win.

Back