Official Rant of the Day

About sums it up. Her and her emotional support service dog that shakes and pees everywhere.
Those are supposed to be trained, not just a 35 dollar online certificate but that's for another discussion.

Lol. Congrats on the cool ass MIL. Mine's a narcissistic sycophant who makes every conversation about her or about how it affects her. She gives us stuff only to steal it back on her next visit. It's happened so many times, we've had to put locks on teh doors to certain rooms so she won't go through our ****. She's never on time and bitches when anyone else is late. She once bought me a tiger striped man-thong as a birthday present and had me open it in front of my family.

The best news I had about her was when she decided to live in Florida for 5-6 months of the year. Oh and she leaves here husband up here to take care of her house while she lives in Florida.

And no, I didn't make any of that up and yes, there are worse stories that I should share. :)
I am SO sorry. Mine is the type of lady who goes to the store to buy Cheetos because you once said that you like those with sandwiches then always has them in stock when you visit, or the type that finds out her grandson's favorite TV show and surprises him with a toy from it, or the kind that goes down kids slides with the grandkids, the kind that buys a kiddy pool because it's hot and she wants all the grandchildren to have fun playing outside. Those are the only stories I have about her.

So yeah, that sucks. Take whatever you can and get out! Come back in a few days.

I must be the only one who has an awesome mother in law. She's always welcome, doesn't hurt that her husband is my most frequent golfing partner but she's great - and I'm not just saying that because she's standing over me watching me type this!

No sir, mine is pretty AOK. Cooks, cleans & more times than not takes my side in "discussions". My FIL, that's a slightly different animal altogether.

I am completely okay with the dog.

So I am I. He's a cute bichon / terrier mix and he and I get along just fine. When I am dog sitting, he's great. No shaking, no peeing. When she gets home and scoops him up in her arms like a baby, **** goes sideways quick. Feel bad for the little fella.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
So I am I. He's a cute bichon / terrier mix and he and I get along just fine. When I am dog sitting, he's great. No shaking, no peeing. When she gets home and scoops him up in her arms like a baby, **** goes sideways quick. Feel bad for the little fella.
Sounds like the support dog needs a support human (y)

My kid was in a wreck today. He is fine thankfully!! but the car isn’t ☹ The **** kicker…it sounds like they are going to deny the claim because I didn’t call and add him as a driver to my policy. The car loan is in my name I didn’t know I had to 😭

That is awful! Just curious if he was at fault as you can run it through the other person's insurance if he wasn't.

That is awful! Just curious if he was at fault as you can run it through the other person's insurance if he wasn't.
Thanks. He was unfortunately

Nothing personal with anyone here in the medical field but, the whole thing that is the debacle call medicine can kiss my azz!! Instead of authorizing a MRI to find out what is wrong with my shoulder they just decide to prescribe me addictive pain meds and if it's not better in 3 f-ing months call for a follow-up. 🤬

I think Forrest Gump had it so correct.

People are ALOT like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. The fun of school board meetings. I think the TV stations are missing out on some great reality show tv content right there. :ROFLMAO:

About sums it up. Her and her emotional support service dog that shakes and pees everywhere.
If I were a dog and was owned by an overbearing woman such as you describe, I'd have anxiety too.

They make diapers for them. And not quite diapers but more like wearable pee pads... odd things to see... they kind of look like an eye patch but larger.:confused2::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"I can't find any workers!"

Here's a job listing in the IT space with the usual degree requirements etc. Pay? Benefits? If you said minimum and zero, you're correct!

waivmatcqap71.jpg

Lol. Congrats on the cool ass MIL. Mine's a narcissistic sycophant who makes every conversation about her or about how it affects her. She gives us stuff only to steal it back on her next visit. It's happened so many times, we've had to put locks on teh doors to certain rooms so she won't go through our ****. She's never on time and bitches when anyone else is late. She once bought me a tiger striped man-thong as a birthday present and had me open it in front of my family.

The best news I had about her was when she decided to live in Florida for 5-6 months of the year. Oh and she leaves here husband up here to take care of her house while she lives in Florida.

And no, I didn't make any of that up and yes, there are worse stories that I should share. :)

From the way you describe her, her husband is probably happy to be left up here! And I think you need to start calling her out on this stuff. Not that it will change her behavior, but will give her a behavioral "slap in the face", and maybe slow her down a little bit. You've already had to install locks. How about when she complains about someone being late, you point out when she was on multiple occasions! I would have taken the tiger striped man thong and dropped it in the trash immediately, and told her that's what I thought of her "gift"!

Some people can't take a hint. They have to be slapped upside the head! And hard! The thing is, I have no in depth knowledge of the intergenerational relationship. Story short, I don't know how your wife would feel about It. She was okay about installing locks to keep her Mom out of your stuff, but I don't know how she would feel about direct confrontation! Everybody has different limits. I guess it's worth a talk. Might not change behavior, but could cut down on the visits! They sound like a trial.

Lots of irritation right now. Lots.

:(

Wife just got called into work for the night ugh.

"I can't find any workers!"

Here's a job listing in the IT space with the usual degree requirements etc. Pay? Benefits? If you said minimum and zero, you're correct!

View attachment 9029619
As someone that consults this stuff is insane. Some employers are so out of touch it's not even funny.

California and nevada drivers are a**holes. Just returned from 3 months in N Minnesota. Wonderful drive back until we hit vegas. Then it was game on aggressive speeding lane weaving foolish driving. I deal with it every year and still don’t get used to it.

Restless leg syndrome sucks.

One word = AGE. Uggh....there you have it.

One word = AGE. Uggh....there you have it.
I feel like I’m aging like a fine wine that’s been left in the car on a hot summer day.

Those are two of the worst shots I've seen all day.

Back