Mavrik vs Sub Zero on high toe hits

Ubergoose

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking at snatching either the Mav or SZ on CPO since prices there are dropping like crazy.

My most fatal miss is when I catch one high toe and it hooks off the planet - or down the woods toward the river at my course.

Hoping for any feedback on either/both of these drivers and how they handle the shots on high toe. In my head the SZ would play better on that with the flatter lie angle and overall lower spin - I would love to try them out side to side or just get fit the latest/greatest - but that's not in the budget.

I was able hit the Epic Speed in 9.0 w/ the iM10 6.5 and really liked that flight - but it's about 2x the cost of the Mavrik so that's pushing it.

My ss is 105-107 and I do not struggle to get the ball in the air by any means, so the lower launch/spin of the SZ doesn't concern me - but the potential forgiveness loss might? I'm currently playing a Triton (yeah, that one from the Tv show) in the 8.0 setting with as much weight forward as I can because when I play the weight back the ball just balloons even on the purest of strikes.

Thanks in advance!

My first instinct way to say Mavrik, but the last part of your post has me thinking the front/back weights if the Sub Zero might be beneficial to you. Plus, I can ride high on the face and played the Sub Zero pretty well. I was more toe-y then too. Worked pretty well for me. :confused2:

My swing is nothing like yours but the Mavrik is pretty forgiving on toe hits.

My first instinct way to say Mavrik, but the last part of your post has me thinking the front/back weights if the Sub Zero might be beneficial to you. Plus, I can ride high on the face and played the Sub Zero pretty well. I was more toe-y then too. Worked pretty well for me. :confused2:

The high face works really well for me with the SZ. I have hit it on the toe and lost distance but I also have on the lowest setting so it opens the face.

Back