Long day... Long week what do you bring home to eat

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Imagine this scenario, you and your significant other have both had long weeks at work and everything is just busy. Instead of cooking like usual you're going to go pick up food for the family because she's (or he's) been home with the kids all day.

What do you stop and get? It's it comfort food, is it something specific, is it an old favorite that always lifts your spirits? Or, do you just get fast food and call it a failed day and move on as quickly as possible.

Do you make the extra stop for flowers and chocolate or a treat?

Obviously, asking for a friend, a hypothetical friend!

Whatever she wants.
Default is probably pizza though...

Flowers? Nah, I don't do that. Maybe a cherry pepsi and a caramello though.

One of her favorites.....

Shrimp scampi from Olive Garden.

Pizza and beer.

We had a local pub that was our go-to until the owner died two months ago of a heart attack at 42. My wife would have a cranberry walnut and goat cheese salad with grilled chicken and shrimp. I'd have either a mushroom Swiss burger with bacon or a wasabi salmon burger with onion rings. When NYS was allowing booze to go, I'd pick up a large glass (about a quart) of their sangria special. The sangria was always different and always great.

We go out. No cleanup or cooking

We had a local pub that was our go-to until the owner died two months ago of a heart attack at 42. My wife would have a cranberry walnut and goat cheese salad with grilled chicken and shrimp. I'd have either a mushroom Swiss burger with bacon or a wasabi salmon burger with onion rings. When NYS was allowing booze to go, I'd pick up a large glass (about a quart) of their sangria special. The sangria was always different and always great.

I read about that in the Times Union. That was sad.

Pizza

Chipotle or pizza.

We have a few local places to either go or order from. Some even deliver! We’ll settle for fast food occasionally too. Rarely we’ll actually go to the store and buy all the ingredients for some comfort food.

Italian. Who doesn't like Italian!

Pizza or chinese

Imagine this scenario, you and your significant other have both had long weeks at work and everything is just busy. Instead of cooking like usual you're going to go pick up food for the family because she's (or he's) been home with the kids all day.

What do you stop and get? It's it comfort food, is it something specific, is it an old favorite that always lifts your spirits? Or, do you just get fast food and call it a failed day and move on as quickly as possible.

Do you make the extra stop for flowers and chocolate or a treat?

Obviously, asking for a friend, a hypothetical friend!

If it is the wife, I will pick up a bottle of wine and fettuccini alfredo. I would go with a good burger.

As a matter of fact, tonight will be Chinese because both our weeks have sucked!!:(

Probably Chinese. That way you’ve got tonight and the weekend covered.

Pizza is for sure the go to

Sweet & Sour chicken, fried rice, couple egg rolls.

Back