Your Underrated Budget Ball

Been playing and enjoying the feel and performance with Callaway Supersoft.

I am definitely a Vice and Bridgestone guy. I suppose the e12 contact isn't underrated based on all of the publicity and positive reviews on here. Love it. It's my cold weather ball and still spins more than a lot of soft, low compression balls with surlyn or other ionomer covers. With all the hype, could my regular Tour BX or Vice Pro Plus be considered underrated? :unsure:

Here's one that should turn some heads...my wife's hole in one last week came with a Free Golf Balls Club ball! I doubt I would actually subscribe to the program, the shipping costs are where they seem to get you. I thought they were :poop: but they are decent. She won them on an instagram contest a while ago and put them into play after running through her Vice Pro's and Bridgestone BRX. Not the softest cover for a urethane ball, normal dimple patter. Seems like an ok ball. No real difference in her distance or apex from the Pro's (or Pro V1), but I do think they spin a little less in the short game.

"Budget" is relative, of course, but in the urethane category the Q Star Tour and Maxfli Tour (2019 version currently 2 doz/$45) both qualify in my book. The Kirkland Signature is a decent ball as well, and a at a buck-a-ball for 3-piece urethane handily wins the Value Leader title by a significant margin.

My go to is the Wilson DUO Professional good distance...soft feel...good spin...not a bad price after it's all said and done.

price point may not be low enough to be budget but callaway erc soft is a good ball for me. i used to really enjoy top flite gamer as well, but it’s been awhile.
The Top Flite Gamer was a cult classic at one point. I haven't played one since Dick's Sporting Goods took over the brand and revamped the balls, but they were hugely popular for a while. I just looked at DSG and they now want $26/dozen for them - I can buy Supersofts for less, and that would be an easy choice.

Cut Blue, and it's not even close. $20 a dozen and the spin is second to none in that price range. The durability is a definite issue, but I've had the best rounds of my life gaming this ball this year. One great round, toss it. After all, it's about the score, not how many rounds you can play with the same ball.

Maxfli Tour

Wilson Staff Zip ... MAXFLI SoftFli ... both very low compression golf balls ...

Good Golfing

Kirkland

Srixon Soft Feel
Pinnacle SOFT

Kirkland and Maxfli

A buddy of mine swears by Titleist Velocity. He gave me one to play with one round and I was pleasantly surprised. Distance was good but spin left a little to be desired. I’d recommend it to new players or anyone budget conscious on balls.

A buddy of mine swears by Titleist Velocity. He gave me one to play with one round and I was pleasantly surprised. Distance was good but spin left a little to be desired. I’d recommend it to new players or anyone budget conscious on balls.
I am a fan. I also like the e6.
I've tried nearly all the budget balls from all the big brands ... Supersoft from callaway and Soft response from Taylormade aren't bad either, but the putting is a bit different for speed (from my experience)

I think the Tour Response is a really good ball, but I would say that is getting out of the budget price point

I picked up some Maxfli Straightfli balls at Dick's when I was looking for an bright orange ball to see against the winter sky. I've been fairly impressed. Doesn't feel that hard and I have held some greens with longer irons. The marketing says it is 20% straighter and it does seem to fly pretty straight. Not a bad ball at all.

Callaway Supersoft for sure.

Sawft Pheal

Still have my tailor made project a's left which have been discontinued. My understanding is the Tour response replaces them. $34 isn't too bad for a dozen

I picked up some Maxfli Straightfli balls at Dick's when I was looking for an bright orange ball to see against the winter sky. I've been fairly impressed. Doesn't feel that hard and I have held some greens with longer irons. The marketing says it is 20% straighter and it does seem to fly pretty straight. Not a bad ball at all.

I really like the Titleist Trufeel

Maxfli SoftFli. Pretty close to Callaway Supersoft IMO.

Maxfli SoftFli. Pretty close to Callaway Supersoft IMO.
I'll have to try them. Last time I played a Maxfli it felt like plastic when putting (maybe it was an older model)

The Top Flite Gamer was a cult classic at one point. I haven't played one since Dick's Sporting Goods took over the brand and revamped the balls, but they were hugely popular for a while. I just looked at DSG and they now want $26/dozen for them - I can buy Supersofts for less, and that would be an easy choice.

I still have 4-5 dozen of the Gamers from around 2012. Nice ball that did't break the bank back then.

Wilson 50 elite!
Great winter ball.

Callaway super hot bold for me. Love using them when the weather and leaves fall.

Back