Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Put an Autoflex 505x into a B21 this morning on the range. Couldn't get my Rapsodo to work to see if distance was any different, but I know for a fact the ball was flying straight. I usually play it neutral +2 (9* head), but this shaft launches HIGH. Turned it down to standard loft, but draw setting, to offset opening the face. I also took out the 5g weight and put in a 3g I had laying around. I don't know how much it helps, but I've heard the shaft is sensitive to weight so every gram helps. Just straight balls or tiny fades, over and over. I need to see it on a course or monitor to see if there's any benefits, but so far so good. Don't know if it will beat out my Kinetixx, but I'm going to give it a go.

This is still my favorite driver for the majority of rec golfers..

many fight the high rights.. this is your best friend.

Overall, I had a so-so day with this driver. Just had a hard time hitting the fairway consistently. I’m averaging about 265 with this driver. I hit two today that were ripped, (295, 286)! These drives crested the hills and caught the downslope and rolled out well. I was wild today with the B21. I would hit one left, then the next one right. Never found that groove like I have in the past. But, I’m still super impressed by what this club does!

Had probably my best day ever driving the ball today! Hit several over 270-280. Had one about 295 and one just straight as an arrow rocket that went 306!

11/14 Fairways today! Nice high draws all day long.

Late to the game, but I picked up one of these on CPO. I'll see how it performs compared to my Mavrik. I like the Mavrik, but my big miss is still a slice. Should be here by the end of the week.

Late to the game, but I picked up one of these on CPO. I'll see how it performs compared to my Mavrik. I like the Mavrik, but my big miss is still a slice. Should be here by the end of the week.
If your big miss is a slice the B21 will likely really help alleviate that. My big miss was a slice as well and barring glaring swing issues (ie not releasing the club through impact, ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:) it really does a great job eliminating that big right miss.

This is still my favorite driver for the majority of rec golfers..

many fight the high rights.. this is your best friend.

I wholeheartedly concur with @templeton80 . This driver is the best thing if you tend to hit them high and right.

@Jman this driver performs as advertised. I urge anyone who struggles with a chronic slice or with over the top and/or with being too steep to try this driver. If you followed the live thread for the recently completed Dream Foursomes Experience, then you will know where I am coming from.

I also have this driver among others - it has been on again off again for me this summer and fall. Been trying different shafts out of my collection and I put in a Tensei Blue replacing the quite nice feelin Helium Black. It is now the longest hitting and least dispersion of the various shafts tried. So the B21 is back on the starting line up. Replacing my Ping. Soon coming for more experiments is a Mizuno ST-X and a Taylormade Sims 2. We'll see who wins my starting line up come Dec. - B21 is going to be tough to replace now that I found the perfect shaft. And yes will be trying the same shaft in Mizuno and TM driver. It is Phun to play and experiment - I am retired so nuttin else to do but try new things Eh?:unsure:

Anyone ever figured out who is making that RCH shafts? My money is on Fujikura!

Anyone ever figured out who is making that RCH shafts? My money is on Fujikura!

Send me your money:D. I learned this week from very reliable sources who makes the stock shaft for the B21.

Send me your money:D. I learned this week from very reliable sources who makes the stock shaft for the B21.
I’m surprised, the graphics look like the Speeder graphics.

I’m guessing UST based off the chrome paint. If not Project X since Cally seems to be in bed with them on other releases.

I have been struggling off the tee and borrowed this from a friend. Today it felt really good. I am not sure the shaft is perfect for me, but I hit a lot of fairways with decent distance today. I don’t care if I hit it 250 or 260 or fairway or no fairway, but it is imperative that I cut down the penalty strokes off the tee box. I hit a few snap hooks today that no driver would be able to help. I will try it one more round and then go back to my driver and see what happens

I sold mine about 2 months ago. When it worked it was straight and long...unfortunately those two words were not consistent. Went back to the "old" G400 and haven't looked back.

Still hitting my B21 and its been pretty good and I am looking at a shaft change now for it as I have gained a little speed and my launch angle is very high. I have ithe 9 degree head and have it set at -1 degree so as far adjustment goes it as low as she will go. I have an Atmos TS blue in it atm but may go to something similar just up say 5 grams in weight and and go to an x flex. I am currently on average around the 112 mark with driver but can move it to 117 when i swing out of my boots.

Hitting this driver very well! It’s been such a game changer for me. I can’t imagine ever taking it out of the bag. Hit one on a short Par 4 that landed short of the green, ran through the green and…into the water!🤷‍♂️ Can’t complain about 285 yards with a nice draw!

Took this driver to DSG to hit on their launch monitor so I could send my numbers to @DannyLe for our custom UST Mamiya driver shafts. Even though I'm kinda under the weather, I hit it well. Numbers were good. I can't complain about the stock RCH shaft too much. My one complaint is that I have the 9.0° head in the (-1/D) setting and I still hit the ball high. Hopefully, Danny can work his magic and find me something that will help bring the trajectory down. Oh, counterbalanced wouldn't be bad either!

Took this driver to DSG to hit on their launch monitor so I could send my numbers to @DannyLe for our custom UST Mamiya driver shafts. Even though I'm kinda under the weather, I hit it well. Numbers were good. I can't complain about the stock RCH shaft too much. My one complaint is that I have the 9.0° head in the (-1/D) setting and I still hit the ball high. Hopefully, Danny can work his magic and find me something that will help bring the trajectory down. Oh, counterbalanced wouldn't be bad either!
This driver is masterpiece in what in brings for the guy with a natural swing that fades/slices the ball. Wether that slice is caused by out to in path, face open to path and or a steep angle of attack. The down side to this the ball tends to launch really high from this club. I think this might be to Ai used in the club face to help the slice action and some players that slice may be a little slow in swing speed (under 105), but not all slicers/fade players are slow swing speed.

Now having said that I swapped out the stock RCH shaft/ Atmos Tour Blue 6S for a 65-5 VA Composites Vylyn shaft to try and lower the flight a little and have not seen a major down turn in launch and high flight. It did improve a little but did not get me the desired flight hight i am after, The shot consistency did improve though. I am very interest to see if you have any luck with a counter balanced shaft or not. The driver is good just needs a decent gearbox.

I was fortunate enough to test the B21 right after its release. While it wasn't the driver for me, :callaway: Did an amazing job on this driver. Many people have issues with club face orientation and they slice the ball. The optics on this driver (lines on crown) actually help close the club face at address. I did put it against another standard driver and I noticed a reduction in spin but most importantlya reduction in side spin. At the end I asked whom I got the club from if I could let somebody who really fought a slice try it. They said yes. We played a round and he went and bought one after a fitting the following week. He's not going near as far to the right and he's enjoying the game.

My buddy who has mine has never hit longer or straiter drives. I am pretty sure I am not ever getting it back. He is the prototypical golfer this club was built for.

I brought this out as a baseline as I test some new stuff coming soon. Not too shabby for old broken me.

155 ball speed
14.6 LA
2617 Spin
260 carry

I can work with that

I brought this out as a baseline as I test some new stuff coming soon. Not too shabby for old broken me.

155 ball speed
14.6 LA
2617 Spin
260 carry

I can work with that

But that spin is way too high! #sarcasm

Those are some very stable numbers for a realistic tee shot.

Back