Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

So the random stop issue didn’t happen today. I used the remote only when the cart was sent via remote, and manual mode only when my hands were on the handles.

Seems that problem took care of itself!

Soooooo ....

I've mentioned before that our course layout is a bit of a roller coaster - up down sidehill up sidehill down -- etc. Today, I walked 18 with my Clicgear alongside another guy using an electric caddy.

We have three holes in particular, 4 - 9 - 18, that are just brutal. I mean stop and catch your breath at the top of the hill brutal. By the time you finish 18, you're body is just about done with trying to play good golf while pushing around ?? pounds worth of bag, clubs and cart.

Today, I putted out and started the climb up the 18 hill, feeling every aching muscle in my body. I got about 2/3 up the hill and turned to see my buddy pointing the remote control at his electric caddy, swinging his arms, smiling and whistling. I just burst out in laughter at the contrast between the two of us.

Yep, I'm getting an electric caddy sooner than later.

Now, where's that ice pak?

Soooooo ....

I've mentioned before that our course layout is a bit of a roller coaster - up down sidehill up sidehill down -- etc. Today, I walked 18 with my Clicgear alongside another guy using an electric caddy.

We have three holes in particular, 4 - 9 - 18, that are just brutal. I mean stop and catch your breath at the top of the hill brutal. By the time you finish 18, you're body is just about done with trying to play good golf while pushing around ?? pounds worth of bag, clubs and cart.

Today, I putted out and started the climb up the 18 hill, feeling every aching muscle in my body. I got about 2/3 up the hill and turned to see my buddy pointing the remote control at his electric caddy, swinging his arms, smiling and whistling. I just burst out in laughter at the contrast between the two of us.

I think this is what gets me, the more tire you get the worse you will play. Take away the pushing all the pounds around up and down and it will make a difference in your game.

I think this is what gets me, the more tire you get the worse you will play. Take away the pushing all the pounds around up and down and it will make a difference in your game.
Agree. Thanks to shoulder problems, my game has suffered -- handicap up 3 strokes since needing the cortisone shots, Rx -- this summer and it would be smarter for me to ride. Pushing that cart up and down hills isn't doing my shoulders any favors. But, I really don't like to ride. So, I can feel the clock ticking on making a decision and pulling the trigger on one of these.

After playing with 2 separate remote control carts for the past 10 years but having my current broken cart out of action 50% the last two years it finally is parked with a broken axle.

Let me say after being spoiled for 9 full seasons, walking over 100 rounds in a 6-7 month period, I am tired pushing my Clicgear around and 90+ degree temperatures.

I will have a new remote cart before next year. I have it narrowed down between the zip navigator and the M7. I know a few people at my course that have both and I hear very positive feedback on the Zip with the gyroscope technology. My home course is very hilly and not very flat so off tracking and using the remote repeatedly to keep it straight is a pain in the butt.

This thread just gives me motivation to get it done, just hoping that maybe there might be some super deals on Black Friday. Glad all the testers have had terrific experiences and other new users have joined into the fun. There is nothing better than walking a course with nothing other than a small remote in your hand ….so many upsides.

After playing with 2 separate remote control carts for the past 10 years but having my current broken cart out of action 50% the last two years it finally is parked with a broken axle.

Let me say after being spoiled for 9 full seasons, walking over 100 rounds in a 6-7 month period, I am tired pushing my Clicgear around and 90+ degree temperatures.

I will have a new remote cart before next year. I have it narrowed down between the zip navigator and the M7. I know a few people at my course that have both and I hear very positive feedback on the Zip with the gyroscope technology. My home course is very hilly and not very flat so off tracking and using the remote repeatedly to keep it straight is a pain in the butt.

This thread just gives me motivation to get it done, just hoping that maybe there might be some super deals on Black Friday. Glad all the testers have had terrific experiences and other new users have joined into the fun. There is nothing better than walking a course with nothing other than a small remote in your hand ….so many upsides.
I hear ya. This fence is going to break if several of us don't hurry up and hop off it and get one ordered. :p

I hear ya. This fence is going to break if several of us don't hurry up and hop off it and get one ordered. :p
Will have to wait until next month for me but I will have one, just have to decide which one. Decisions Decisions.

Soooooo ....

I walked my course today. Maybe a high of 80? I didn't remember to record it on my apple watch as far as the actual activity, but it still logged the steps and stuff: 9.2 miles(approximately 18.2k steps), 16 flights of stairs. I'm fatigued, but I wasn't fatigued enough to not go hit balls for an additional 80 minutes after the round. I've got a bit of elevation to contend with. With my old manual push cart, I'd be pushing 170-180 after going up at least 3 steeper inclines. They suck, no one likes them. Watch had me at 141 as my max HR the entire day. It really is just like taking a nice easy stroll around property while your cart just does whatever.

I walked my course today. Maybe a high of 80? I didn't remember to record it on my apple watch as far as the actual activity, but it still logged the steps and stuff: 9.2 miles(approximately 18.2k steps), 16 flights of stairs. I'm fatigued, but I wasn't fatigued enough to not go hit balls for an additional 80 minutes after the round. I've got a bit of elevation to contend with. With my old manual push cart, I'd be pushing 170-180 after going up at least 3 steeper inclines. They suck, no one likes them. Watch had me at 141 as my max HR the entire day. It really is just like taking a nice easy stroll around property while your cart just does whatever.
That's awesome, @MWard. The "nice easy stroll" is exactly what my playing partner mentioned and was taking today. I was constantly pushing a boulder up a hill. That 9.2 miles number should tell us all something. No way I could have gone and, productively, hit balls after today's round -- and it was a pleasant 70 degree day.

That's awesome, @MWard. The "nice easy stroll" is exactly what my playing partner mentioned and was taking today. I was constantly pushing a boulder up a hill. That 9.2 miles number should tell us all something. No way I could have gone and, productively, hit balls after today's round -- and it was a pleasant 70 degree day.

I didn’t say I was smart. I just had enough energy to do it 😂

It’s not like I want to be on this fence lol

Just an update after several uses. Works great to start with. The drink holder tends to pop off when a bump is hit, had to get a little bungee cord and fix that. Going up a steep hill it is best to keep your hand on the cart as the back wheels are off the ground which is what steers the cart. Learned that real quick. Other than getting better in the steering, left and right movement are better with little changes and not holding the button down. It just flat worked great and I feel better playing with one, just like having a caddy who doesn't talk. Have ordered a small sand bottle from another company and will see if I can get it to fit. No regrets todate.

Just an update after several uses. Works great to start with. The drink holder tends to pop off when a bump is hit, had to get a little bungee cord and fix that. Going up a steep hill it is best to keep your hand on the cart as the back wheels are off the ground which is what steers the cart. Learned that real quick. Other than getting better in the steering, left and right movement are better with little changes and not holding the button down. It just flat worked great and I feel better playing with one, just like having a caddy who doesn't talk. Have ordered a small sand bottle from another company and will see if I can get it to fit. No regrets todate.

Your back wheels are coming off the ground on a steep slope, are you not using the wheelie bar? I haven’t noticed too much issue.

As far as the cup holder, I’ll take a photo of my setup when I get back home. I’m pretty sure my holder is connected with the umbrella holder, which does secure it really well.

@Birdieputt I look forward to your sand bottle experiment. With the cup holder, make sure it's fully snapped in place. I have yet to have mine fall off.
Mine hasn't either.

Ironically enough, Jose and Mike from Cobra are both Motocaddy users, so we are out at my course right now using one.

Mine hasn't either.

Ironically enough, Jose and Mike from Cobra are both Motocaddy users, so we are out at my course right now using one.

So who went M5 vs M7 between the two of them?

Your back wheels are coming off the ground on a steep slope, are you not using the wheelie bar? I haven’t noticed too much issue.

As far as the cup holder, I’ll take a photo of my setup when I get back home. I’m pretty sure my holder is connected with the umbrella holder, which does secure it really well.
Yes wheelie bar is on. We have a couple of greens that are steep to approach and it raises the wheel off the ground and if you hit a bum

sorry when bump is hit it can throw off the direction so all I have to do is keep the front wheels on the ground. I did not get the umbrella holder so I just have a tab. I will check to be sure it firmly attached.

Yes wheelie bar is on. We have a couple of greens that are steep to approach and it raises the wheel off the ground and if you hit a bum
Ah that makes sense :/

Jose from Cobra is a huge Motocaddy fan. Yesterday on the course

8D93322C-D233-4E3B-A69A-85D3234BE840.gif

I saw that in the Instagram story yesterday and smiled
He uses a M7 for just about every one of his rounds and was not a walker previously. Good for him.

He uses a M7 for just about every one of his rounds and was not a walker previously. Good for him.

and doesn't bring rain to Nashville so he's already a better guest than I.

Back