Backwards hats on the course, does it bother you?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
This should be fun. :LOL:

I don't get why you would wear it backwards in general on the course but it doesn't bother me at all. That said I think my club has a rule against it but I would need to go read the dress code.

I have spun a hat around in the rain when it gets so wet it is dripping down or if it is super windy and walking into the wind but in general I would not wear my hat backwards.

• Staff
  • Staff
I don't get why you would wear it backwards in general on the course but it doesn't bother me at all. That said I think my club has a rule against it but I would need to go read the dress code.

I have spun a hat around in the rain when it gets so wet it is dripping down or if it is super windy and walking into the wind but in general I would not wear my hat backwards.
I think dress code rules as always most will follow. So this is if there isn’t a rule, does it bother you if someone flips it backwards?

It makes a statement...................

At one point, my career low round was with a backwards hat the whole way around, so I am actually very much fine with it hahahaha

My home course does not allow hats to be worn backwards. I contested that wearing jeans or an untucked shirt is no better, but my feedback was not considered, and we remain with that rule in place. It doesn't bother me. At any point during my round, if I feel like turning my hat around, I do it. No one has the balls to tell me otherwise there.

I think dress code rules as always most will follow. So this is if there isn’t a rule, does it bother you if someone flips it backwards?

Nope. If someone is over about 25 I think they look goofy (I think it looks goofy anyway but get it with kids) but it doesn't bother me. I am a golf pants/shorts, collared shirt to play kind of guy but if the course doesn't have a dress code I really don't care what someone wears as long as it isn't a tank top (I don't want to see some guys moobs) or short shorts. Jeans and t shirts are ok with me if allowed by the course.

Doesn't bother me.

I'd play a round with ya hats backwards, we can look dumb together. :D

I’d likely be the , ahem, Elder in this situation, but I’d slap on backwards and look even stupider. Just to save you guys the pain.

I mean, it's fine, but if you're going to wear in backwards, outside, in the sun, why wear one at all?

I mean, it's fine, but if you're going to wear in backwards, outside, in the sun, why wear one at all?
Because it covers the top of my head, as intended.

Yes. I am all for following any dress code that a course has. If there isn't a rule, then I have no issue with someone wearing a hat backwards. I'm probably not going to do it unless it's raining.

Back