Phil collins yay or nay?

Carolina Dundee

“More Established” please notice the quotes
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
shoulder
I went to the Genesis concert last night and for 70 years old Phil was still great. His 20 year old son killed it on the drums.
86A5858C-AF9E-464B-97F6-159784FF96E3.jpeg
E5B2D558-1D04-4897-AC29-8FB8ADC862EF.jpeg

On another site one time someone asked a question about Phil Collins, and i responded with verbatim the Patrick Bateman quote about Collins that was in American Psycho. Of course no one got it until like 2 weeks later. And many people thought i was very weird.

I'm not making that mistake again! I like Collins, great voice

But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, personal favorite. Now i am off to return some videotapes

Genesis Phil and early solo Phil, HELL YES. Disney Phil? Hard no.
Bingo.

Some very good music smattered in there!

I think he and Genesis were oversaturated in the 80's/early 90's so there are a lot of people who are like "ew no" who were around back then. But Peter Gabriel-era Genesis with Phil on drums still remains so darn good. He gave us the iconic "In The Air Tonight" fill noted above. That alone buys him a pass.

Stinks that his health and back have posed so many problems for him recently but Genesis is still out there doing their thing. Can't be mad about that.

I think he and Genesis were oversaturated in the 80's/early 90's so there are a lot of people who are like "ew no" who were around back then. But Peter Gabriel-era Genesis with Phil on drums still remains so darn good. He gave us the iconic "In The Air Tonight" fill noted above. That alone buys him a pass.

Stinks that his health and back have posed so many problems for him recently but Genesis is still out there doing their thing. Can't be mad about that.

Came in here to say the same thing, the health issues super suck. Hopefully it’s something he can make a full recovery from though.

Would go see Genesis or Phil Collins solo in concert, assuming the ticket prices weren’t outrageous

Early years yes , and don’t like some of the saccharine stuff he did .
Really like Peter Gabriel too very underrated.

Came in here to say the same thing, the health issues super suck. Hopefully it’s something he can make a full recovery from though.

Would go see Genesis or Phil Collins solo in concert, assuming the ticket prices weren’t outrageous

From what I remember, he's had decades of back and nerve issues. For a while he had to tape his drumsticks into his hands just to be able to play. I don't think we'll ever see him behind the kit again, sadly.

From what I remember, he's had decades of back and nerve issues. For a while he had to tape his drumsticks into his hands just to be able to play. I don't think we'll ever see him behind the kit again, sadly.

My fear as well, but weirder things have happened with people and back surgeries etc

I was only into horn bands so I don't know.

Give me some Phil Collins from back in the day!!! Hell yeah!

I can feel it coming…

I’ve been up and down with his actual music over the years, but have TONS of respect for his talent as a musician.

Whenever I listen to "I don't care anymore" I have to crank it up! It was my favorite song when I went through my divorce. Makes sense because he wrote it while going through his obviously. I am a sucker for a good drum heavy song.

My wife, 34 years old, was raised on Phil Collins. She knows every Phil Collins song. It’s something that is so strange to me and I make fun of her multiple times a year for it.

Big fan of Phil with Genesis and early solo for sure! Even liked him when he was on an episode of Miami Vice. Not sure what Disney Phil sings?

Whenever I listen to "I don't care anymore" I have to crank it up! It was my favorite song when I went through my divorce. Makes sense because he wrote it while going through his obviously. I am a sucker for a good drum heavy song.
One of my favourites!

Phil is good listening. I'd do a concert with him.Yea

My favorite song about Phil Collins/Genesis by a comedian

Last edited:
Back