Euro Tour championship: Rory Blowup

Maybe il-fitted schmedium and he needed some breathing room? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wel Nike products generally blow anyways. This just proves it lol

That’s a brutal break

Yes - brutal.

He was tied for the lead on 15 but I believe Morikawa birdied the last 2 holes - no chance for Torn Rory

Reminds me of that European Tour video. Is it anger? Or is it passion?

yea I find it hilarious that Rory does it...."passion"

Hatton, Poulter, Sergio, Rahm.......Anger. Bad attitudes. Jerks

At least Bryson just "said" his driver was terrible. Rory had to show, physically the poor quality of Nike products to the world. 🤣🤣

At least Bryson just "said" his driver was terrible. Rory had to show, physically the poor quality of Nike products to the world. 🤣🤣
Hell, he threw his TM fairway onto the NJ turnpike not too long ago.

I think that he lost it so late in the round on 15 that makes it a more bitter pill to take. But as we all know, stuff happens on a golf course, and the game can bite you at the worst moment. We're human. But all of you are right - he just doesn't have it all together. He'd been playing well, probably had expectations, and that result was like a knife in the back.

One that gets so freaked out by one bad break. He hit the flagstick then had bogey 3 holes in a row. He is still lacking on the mental side.
I don’t think it will be a major problem for him. It took a stroke of bad luck to rattle him. If that ball drops and inch in either direction we may be talking about the results of a playoff. He probably knew that bogey was the nail in the coffin because Morikawa was a couple of holes ahead

Hell, he threw his TM fairway onto the NJ turnpike not too long ago.

im a Rory fan. But he gets a huge pass from most golf fans on his reactions and overreactions

I don’t think it will be a major problem for him. It took a stroke of bad luck to rattle him. If that ball drops and inch in either direction we may be talking about the results of a playoff. He probably knew that bogey was the nail in the coffin because Morikawa was a couple of holes ahead

But it's been a major problem - fairways thrown in the water and turnpikes, other fits of temper...

C'mon - he must have caught the right side of his collar on one of the locker room doors or something. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often really, we all know how dangerous locker room doors can be🤔

But it's been a major problem - fairways thrown in the water and turnpikes, other fits of temper...
Certainly not a good look for ANY professional golfer

At the risk of introducing some facts, he did not bogey three holes in a row.

He hit a great shot into 15 , which bounced off the flag into a bunker, short siding him. He was tied with Morikawa at 15 under , but fell one back, needing to get amongst the birdies. At the next hole, he three putted, overhitting his first putt. He pared the next hole, the most difficult par 3 on the course. By this stage, Morikawa had turned the knife with two closing birdies. Rory needed an eagle and drove it 350 yards into the stream running through the fairway. After penalty, he then hit his next shot into the water by the green, going for an outrageous birdie. He had a six with two penalty shots on the closing par 5.

Morikawa did a great closing out job, Rory was unlucky.

Rory blows up, tears a Nike shirt in half....Tiger posts a swing video. Everyone forgets about Rorys torn, crappy Nike shirt.

it's good to be Rory and Nike. 🤣🤣

That’s a brutal break
It is surprising how bad the breaks are when you hit the stick. Probably cost Tiger the Masters.

It’s a tough break for Rory. I don’t mind the passion and signs of frustration but I know it’s not for everyone.

Rory got a couple bad breaks from shots hit too well. Pin and massive drive. He'll do quite well this year.

He was just about to get it on with a special lady friend in the locker room and did not know it had gotten carried away. He said hold on, my mom is calling and went to the window to answer and thepic was snapped........................oh wait, that was tiger, never mind, shame on Rory's anger problem.

Just like the guy who watches NASCAR for the crashes or hockey for the fights, nothing spices up a golf tournament like a violent tantrum. The more clubs flyin’ the better.

yea I find it hilarious that Rory does it...."passion"

Hatton, Poulter, Sergio, Rahm.......Anger. Bad attitudes. Jerks

I don’t see Rory doing it every tournament. For me that allows a little extra passion. The four you listed it’s a common theme. I like Rahm’s passion but I could see him getting lumped into the bad attitude jerk category. Hatton seems to have a little self deprecating humor to some of his rages so I think it’s funny at times. Sergio and Poulter… I think they’re less likely to get any passes from non-Euros because of their Ryder Cup play. And I think they have punchable faces.

Where was I going? Oh yeah, I think the frequency of the outbursts or at least the frequency of the media coverage of their outbursts plays into fans’ perceptions. Destroy your property all you want just don’t take it out on the course and I’m cool with a little bit of fire.

I don't see the issue. He waited until he was off the course to let off some steam.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back