Backwards hats on the course, does it bother you?

It's tacky because golf is a class game and backward baseball caps are for hip hop culture or other social miscreants.
I'm just saying it because you kept asking.
I grew up wearing my hat backwards and had zero hip hop culture in my life haha! I did my homework on time.

Funny how that perspective can be so isolated to miscreants etc.

It's tacky because golf is a class game and backward baseball caps are for hip hop culture or other social miscreants.
So I like some hip hop and I wear my hat backwards. I also play classical guitar music. I don't have a record and pay a lot in taxes. Am I really a social miscreant? You can have you opinion and believe me it doesn't bother me at all but judging a book by its cover is not a good look.

It's funny, I think the snapback look backwards is better.
Griffy (Jr) put the backwards hat on the map. People might have been doing it before him, but when I think of someone absolutely rocking the look, it’s him first. I just don’t like looking at hair and forehead through your snap/velcro back and the hat. That said, you do you, and you shouldn’t care what I think about what you look like because my views have absolutely no impact on your life (not you personally but you know what I mean).

We had a rule on my baseball team, unless you were hitting bombs in batting practice, you couldn’t wear it backwards. I’m not a power guy, and I couldn’t rock the backwards hat so I don’t. I tried it, and I just can’t. But if you can and want to, go for it. Just have the game to back up the swagger.

Miscreants? Really? Do you know the actual definition of that one?

I grew up wearing my hat backwards and had zero hip hop culture in my life haha! I did my homework on time.

Funny how that perspective can be so isolated to miscreants etc.

We're taking this a bit too seriously.
Let me start again.
I subjectively don't like the look of backwards baseball caps.
I'm not informal by nature.
I tend to lean toward a measure of conservatism in dress particularly.
But I've been talking about it on this thread a hell of a lot more than I care about the issue.

Not in any way suggesting that you need my permission, but by all means wear your caps as you like to wear them.

This forum can be a tough crowd.

Miscreants? Really? Do you know the actual definition of that one?

I do. I pretty much know the meaning of almost all the words.
I sometimes use them seriously and sometimes use them facetiously.
Are we seriously still talking about this?

I do. I pretty much know the meaning of almost all the words.
I sometimes use them seriously and sometimes use them facetiously.
Are we seriously still talking about this?
051694C2-1C73-4C98-8A0C-1310E2CB48E0.png

We are, because this, is a bit much.

We're taking this a bit too seriously.
Let me start again.
I subjectively don't like the look of backwards baseball caps.
I'm not informal by nature.
I tend to lean toward a measure of conservatism in dress particularly.
But I've been talking about it on this thread a hell of a lot more than I care about the issue.

Not in any way suggesting that you need my permission, but by all means wear your caps as you like to wear them.

This forum can be a tough crowd.
I mean, I guess it's all about how you present yourself. If people in a thread say they do something, and then you call them miscreants (indirectly), with no indication of :devilish: or :ROFLMAO: or etc, you should probably expect to be challenged by it.

View attachment 9046155

We are, because this, is a bit much.

Miscreant is a word that's been used humorously for as long as I can remember.
That's how I used it, and to most people, it would have been pretty obvious.

Perhaps you're not an avid reader. I don't know.
You are a mod, however, and thus I can't put you on ignore,
but we needn't have a lot of discourse from here on.

Miscreant is a word that's been used humorously for as long as I can remember.
That's how I used it, and to most people, it would have been pretty obvious.

Perhaps you're not an avid reader. I don't know.
You are a mod, however, and thus I can't put you on ignore,
but we needn't have a lot of discourse from here on.
Im not a mod, but I am an educator. So feel free to do what you have to do.

But conversation is a two way street. When being humorous, or trying to be, in text, a smiley or a haha is your friend.

I have way bigger problems on the course then being bothered by someone else's headwear orientation.
I'm too busy being triggered by the damn hoodie the other guy is wearing hehe.

Never liked how it looks and wouldn’t wear it that way myself. Certainly not functional at blocking the sun from your eyes. I don’t care if others wear it that way though.

This "informative, caugh caugh" thread got me thinking, if people wear a hat and it's not to block the sun (ie forewards), then is it because they are having a bad hair day and need to cover up?

This "informative, caugh caugh" thread got me thinking, if people wear a hat and it's not to block the sun (ie forewards), then is it because they are having a bad hair day and need to cover up?

When you start losing your hair it keeps you from getting sunburned on your scalp. That’s the reason I was given by someone even though I didn’t ask or care. But I’m sure bad hair day is up there too.

Is that the only reason?

I've worn a hat for as long as I can remember. It's like putting on socks to me. The fact that it blocks the sun is simply an added benefit haha

Is that the only reason?

I've worn a hat for as long as I can remember. It's like putting on socks to me. The fact that it blocks the sun is simply an added benefit haha
Do you put your socks on backwards? :D

If you’re going to wear a hat, forwards or backwards, you’re not worried about your hair.

I'll kick mine around backward occasionally. It's usually after several adult beverages 😆

Back