Change my mind: Cake Donuts are better than yeast donuts.

?

• Cake

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • still Cake

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Cake donuts are better than no donuts but no chance they top yeast donuts

Confidently incorrect.

Glazed yeast donut might be the best food ever. If I want cake, I’ll eat a slice of cake.

but a yeast donut with chocolate “frosting” might be the best of both worlds.

Blueberry cake donuts are the best!! Give me all the blueberry cakes and then everyone else in here can keep their glazed ones lol

I am generally a fan of a cook blueberry cake donut. My favorite might be the Boston Creme though.

I'm off to get donuts, be back in a few

Talk about your false dichotomies! I prefer yeast doughnuts, but I can eat cake doughnuts provided I have a pint of milk with each bite... hahahahaha

Glazed yeast donut might be the best food ever. If I want cake, I’ll eat a slice of cake.

but a yeast donut with chocolate “frosting” might be the best of both worlds.

I like yeast donuts just fine, but, I like cake donuts more. Give me a maple iced cinnamon cake donut in the Fall with a glass of cold apple cider, and I am in Heaven! Or, a chocolate iced cake donut any time!

Talk about your false dichotomies! I prefer yeast doughnuts, but I can eat cake doughnuts provided I have a pint of milk with each bite... hahahahaha

If you need that much milk for a cake doughnut, that means that your bakery sucks! Consider the source!

A lot of blueberry cake fans in this thread. They are the bestest.

Cake donuts especially blueberry cake... Wow

Last edited:
Cake Donut is 100% better than yeast.

Used to love grabbing a dozen cinnamon and sugar cake donuts at the grocery for $3.99. Absolutely loved them!

I don't have a horse in this race. Give me either, as long as there's chocolate involved somehow.

This is super difficult. My all-time favourite is an Old Fashion… but an Apple fritter is also pretty tasty!

I have no idea what a cake donut is !?..
to my mind , it’s just a different shape of cake slice ? Ergo ain’t a dougnut lol

😳
No a cake donut is fried cake batter instead of bread dough. They look like this generally. I also prefer them to yeast doughnuts.

old-fashioned-cake-donuts-12-pack.1190ec486a0195403a9b37055ffd563a.jpg

If the cake donut is being compared to a Krispy Kreme donut, hands down, the cake donut wins regardless almost every time. <-- just my opinion. Krispy Kreme donuts to me, just aren't very good.

If the cake donut is being compared to a Krispy Kreme donut, hands down, the cake donut wins regardless almost every time. <-- just my opinion. Krispy Kreme donuts to me, just aren't very good.
Agreed, Krispy Kreme is objectively not good.

Then there are these little beauties, a guilty pleasure of mine.

large_e4c89d69-6406-4a8c-b8b1-b3642ee98472.png

I love cake donuts - they are so tender and soak up flavouring/glaze so well.

Back