So close!! But the days seem to be getting longer as the number of days gets smaller.

But you've been waiting 2 years...this is like 2% of your original wait time! Enjoy the build up, because I'm sure the time out there with @JasonFinleyCG and co will fly by!

@BigDill how is the 305 these days?
Still hot, but less oppressively. There is a fun little story going on locally where a former golf course called Calusa Golf Course was alleged to have been intentionally blighted by a member of the Bacardi (yes, that Bacardi @Canadan) and then sold to GL homes for redevelopment at a very large profit. In order to redevelop, the members of the association abutting the course need to say yes, and many of them were paid to do just that. That alone is nothing special, but what gives it the Miami twist is that one of the people in the community is Ron Magill, a nationally and possibly world famous zoologist (he is a weekly guest on the Dan LeBatard show), and is a main figure at for Zoo Miami, which also makes him a county employee. So he has to take a personal day off to speak against the redevelopment because him, and a bunch of residents, argue it will destroy a rookery currently being used by some special birds. And then at the hearing, he gets cut off before his 60 seconds of commentary was up, resulting in this picture:

Ron Magill is a national treasure, and a small, nothing local issue has now exploded into outrange that the commission could be so disrespectful to Ron Magill. It so Florida its not even funny.

Here is a bit more backstory if you want it:

And Carl Hiaasen just released his native "fictional' novel "Squeeze Me". If you don't know his work, Hiaasen is known for being an exceptional columnist with the Miami Herald and a poignant satirist of the Florida culture, lifestyle and people. And since this is a golf forum, here is one of his works involving the topic:

Gonna tag @Snickerdog because I saw Christmas Tree Cakes at my local store today.

Back