What time of day do you play most of your golf?

What time of day do you play most of your golf?

• Early morning

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Late Morning

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Early Afternoon

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Late Afternoon

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
My regular group at home is usually first off, when I'm traveling we tend to try and play around 10:00/10:30.

I want to play really early but not dew sweep. Is that possible in places?

I would say the bulk of my rounds are late afternoon sneaking out. If it's a planned outing it's always early morning.

I much prefer early morning but my availability is mostly later afternoon.

while summer and spring are early rounds - fall is shifted to afternoon. and early spring forget about it as too many times plans have been spoiled by FROST - dad life does not like the hey... golf is delayed 2-3hours + 4hours of time on course...

If I’m playing 18 it’s generally around 8am or 9am. If I’m only playing 9 it’s usually around 5pm

I scored late afternoon, but only because that’s the closest to early evening since that’s when I really play the most.

After work just seems to jive well with my schedule.

I prefer early morning but play the majority after work in afternoon

I prefer early morning but play the majority after work in afternoon
You said it better than me. I love an early round, but life happens and we get out when we can!

On the weekend, I do get out in the morning from time-to-time.

It often depends on a number of things - the time of year, who I am playing with and if there are any other plans for the day

During the summer months I will play quite a bit after work (so 5pm-ish), weekends will often be mid-morning if playing in the club competition or mid-afternoon if just getting out for a casual round. If we have plans for the evening then I will move the tee time accordingly to give me/us time to get ready

Mid afternoon on the weekends (it’s empty), early evening during the week.

As as possible, I’m a dew sweeper at heart. Although, we do have a standing time on Wednesdays in the summer @ 6pm for an evening round.

We have 2-3 foresomes that are first out on Saturday & Sunday mornings but I also have a regular 1 PM game on Fridays during season plus I also get out on Wednesday or Thursday after work. I chose mornings but really am 50/50. I enjoy them both equally, mornings for the speed and purity of tge course (fresh greens) and evenings for the wildlife, serenity and the shadows created by tge setting sun.

For the last 12 years or so I've gone off in the first group of the day on weekdays or played with a large group of guys whose tee times included the 1st tee time of the day. Big advantage in regard to place of play but the disadvantage is some pretty cold weather in the Fall and Winter, missing out on some beautiful and warm Fall afternoons.

British Summer Time - early afternoon. Otherwise late morning.

I play anytime of the day, but since I am retired and an early riser I play earlier in the day if possible.

If I was a member I'd be out as early as possible. But I usually play around 1 or 2 because morning prices for the good courses around here are almost double what an afternoon time costs

At my home course, on weekends, the first hour of tee times 6:30-7:30 is called the speed slot. You have to play in 3:30 or less, otherwise you can’t play in that window for a few weeks. My group is always part of that speed slot.

I always try to take the earliest tee time we can get. If we're not out early at our courses it's likely going to be a 5+ hour round. Plus I like to get done as early as I can so I can hang out with the family.

I'm not exactly sure what the parameters are for early and mid-morning.

During the season, I play weekday mornings and no weekends at all.
We leave the course to the still-working generation (poor bastards) on weekends.

We often have breakfast at the club and put together a game.
Not restricted to a pre-determined starting time on weekday mornings.

Late morning as of right now. Once my youngest is a little older that will change to early morning

I want to play really early but not dew sweep. Is that possible in places?
We don't have dew here very often, but you do have to deal with the residual moisture from irrigation when you go out early.

I've lived in the desert for 12 years and have seen actual fog here twice. And on one of those two days, it snowed for the first time in 28 years.

What time of day do you play most of your golf? I would prefer to play early in the morning on the weekend but I end up playing most of my rounds after 5 pm during the summer. It is easy to get the kids out on the course when it is slower and we can cruise around.
I used to be early morning but as Ive gotten older, Ive become more of an early or late afternoon golfer.

Back