A tip that truly works!!! (No bull folks!!!)

Gagolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I have tried them all. Watched hundreds of Youtube videos. Read dozens of books, taken countless lessons. To no avail. I have sucked, yes indeed. Been in the 90s for years and years.

Well, I am in the medical profession, and a patient gave me a tip that truly works. It has made a huge difference in my ball striking. Seldom post here, and was reluctant to post this tip until I found it to be valid, and not some fluke. So here it is. Try it, it is amazing in its simplicity, it works.

I will assume you have the most basic fundamentals down. Like stance, grip, ball position etc. Now, first and foremost, get everything you have learned out of your skull, I mean everything. Your only thought will be to swing the club back using your lead shoulder and the TOP portion of you trail arm in unison. Now, when I say the top of the trail arm, not the shoulder, but the area well above the forearm. Blank out everything else, just turn using your lead shoulder and the top portion of your train arm in unison. Keep the body quiet. You now have a great backswing, and on plane. Go look in the mirror, you are on the road to a great single plane swing. Now for the downswing, just do the same in reverse. Turn using the top of your trail arm and your lead shoulder. Keep turning though the shot, keep your spine angle intact. You will approach the ball inside out, you should not be over the top. Let the follow through happen naturally, do not force anything.

When using this method, try not to get handsy. Do not rush the backswing, do not rush the downswing. Trust this motion. And when I say turning the two parts in unison, I mean unison.

I guarantee that for some of you that have been struggling, this will be an amazing epiphany. It sounds so simple. cannot believe it myself.

Hope it helps, appreciate any comments.

God bless and a happy thanksgiving to all

It reminds me of the left shoulder swing-golf's master key by Noel Thomas, which is hard not to get the hands involved.

Looks like a great chipping motion, how do you get the club up in the backswing for a full swing?

Last edited:
Sounds alot like a "one piece take away" to the top, and then reversing that sequence in the down swing.

What ever works for the golfer, I'm all for it.

Back