2021/2022 Soccer Thread

Louisville City why do you break my heart.

At least I have Chelsea

Chelsea is undressing Juventus at home. 3-0 for a much needed win in UEFA group play. This is shocking because Juventus doesn't give up goals like this, home or away.

That didn’t take long.

Gotta love soccer fans

Sporting couldn’t finish today and the season is over. Catching the end of the Union vs. Nashville game now. @JB or @JDax have you experienced the soccer atmosphere in Nashville?

Sporting couldn’t finish today and the season is over. Catching the end of the Union vs. Nashville game now. @JB or @JDax have you experienced the soccer atmosphere in Nashville?
I certainly haven’t.

I certainly haven’t.
Team battling now
I certainly haven’t.
Team seems to be doing well for themselves in their second year in MLS. Just lost in penalties in the conference semifinals. They’ve hosted international games in the past and I think Nashville is still in the running to host a World Cup match in ‘26 as well.

Holy cow Newcastle goes down a man 9 minutes into the game at home against Norwich. This team is hot garbage.

1 man down and 1 goal up!!! 💪

Newcastle almost botched that Pk. I suspect it holds because Norwich doesn’t have any dynamic playmakers to break down the defense

Back to hot garbage.

How delightfully frustrating.

Close match
5D4C146D-B3A1-42B7-9137-AC432A694D44.jpeg

This NE v NYC is nuts!!!! Here comes PK’s

Chelsea in quite the battle with Watford. Not getting 3 points here is a huge disappointment

Liverpool handily holding serve against Everton and Man City is holding on against Aston Villa

Leicester City and Southhampton tied up 1-1

Solid afternoon of futbol on the tv

Solid afternoon of futbol on the tv

Also Maupay with the overhead goal for the equalizer in the 89th minute for Brighton!

A lucky bounce for Newcastle and then a great finish and it’s 1-0!

Boom. That’s a Newcastle win. First of the season!

NYFC with a bit of an upset today in the MLS East Final 2-1… 88th minute goal put them ahead. Crazy game and Philly should be proud playing this hard missing all the players they were.

the final will be one hell of game with a lot of passion from both sides.

My wife asked me: "Where is the TV remote?"

I said: "Man City"

she replied: "What are you talking about?"

I said: "On top of the table."

guardiola.jpg

MLS rules question. Is there some nuance to the offsides rule that a newby might not be aware of? You cannot be behind the last defender unless the ball is also behind the defender. Anything else?

Portland with a goal in the closing seconds to tie the game and send the MLS Cup to an extra period

Back