The I haven't been picked for it but am still getting ready for it thread

JB what an awesome way to announce this. Love how you did this!

@mtbloco - Congrats dude!

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
So stoked to tee it up with @jdtox and win that cup!
Wow! Congratulations! What a cool surprise. You’ll do a fantastic job.

Congrats @mtbloco, make sure that's stated.

Back to the question of the thread. I'm already a CPG fan and have been dreaming of the MC since joining.
I'm already working on losing weight and building strength, I plan to add speed training and some mobility work. Taking lessons and trying to practice more. I would definitely go get fit again. I've been playing tournaments regularly and working on my mental game on course as well as pre round planning. I do a good job of being a good playing partner, I'm always pleasant to be around I think, but who knows. I just don't get angry out there and if I do try to drop it before the next shot.
I'd go back and read up again on previous live threads.

Anyway, that's my plan.

@jdtox you could not of gotten a better teammate. Just got off the phone with @mtbloco he is ready to grind!!!!

Huge congrats @mtbloco !!!! Morgan Cup seems like an unreal event. Best wishes!

I had a blast at the Hogan event last year and hoping to be apart of another experience this year.

I appreciate the concept of THP event motivation. Its fun to have that goal to strive to. I’m going to try and do some speed training this season just to see what I can do. I have an unofficial goal of 170bs. I need to get my bottom in gear and start working out. I need to work on my post game interview skills! It’s a unique experience having two cameras on you while trying to hit a shot or a putt. JB has a talent for ensuring you are aware of what the shot or the hole means… lol. I made two solid putts on the last two holes (16, 17). So much fun! Hoping to get in more competitive situations in 2022. I didn’t push myself much in 21.

Best of luck to everyone in 22. The event schedule is gonna be SO insane.

I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I'll give you my 2 cents. I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to go to another experience, but here are my thoughts on where my head is at now looking to what I would love to be a part of and where it was before the Distance Bash and of course the Grandaddy.

I think the comments so far are all accurate. Keep yourself and your game in shape is important because you never know when your name will get called. I could go on about how important it is to play well and come in tip top shape, but let me tell you a secret. It really isn't important.

Don't get me wrong. You want to show well. I get it. But don't forget the more important parts to learn and prep for: the history, the relationship building, the forum.

Every experience is special, but what makes it special isn't how well you play at the event or how much you can bench press or even how far you can hit a new club. It's how many new friends you made, how much excitement you generated on the forum, how close you bonded with your experience partners.

As you prep to get your name called, read the past threads, ask questions from those that have gone before, and be ready to leave it better than you found it.

Last edited:
Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise
Woooww congrats loco!!! Echico with the assist thread.

Such a sneak sky shoulder tap!! Let’s go @mtbloco

Congrats @mtbloco

For the OP. just staying active on the boards and having fun here. Hoping to get another shot at an event. I went to one in 2019 but had an emergency at home and had to leave before the event got started....so I flew out Friday and left for home Saturday morning. Talk about missing out. :(

Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise

I don’t cuss anymore but f**k yes this is cool!! I mean, of course that is fork but blotted out? Man, nice tap! I mean the guy obviously has a mental issue ( 🤣 and happy for ya dude!) with his football ties, but I guess this was his lucky year all the way around? 😂.

Three main things for me:
1.keep posting and get super comfortable navigating the forum. Seems keeping up with the thread during the event is tough but very important!
2. Play golf. Lessons likely are not in the budget, however, I feel getting more experience will drastically improve my game.
3. Stay in shape. I’ve never played more than 18 holes in a three day span so I don’t want to look like a fool when I get to play so many holes in not a lot of days

Holy Gosh @mtbloco. Congrats. Talk about a perfect thread and super night for you.

Awesome

@mtbloco. Congrats again on the shoulder tap! Super happy for you. Wow, just wow! JB was pretty smooth with that too!!!

I really liked this thread and all of the responses so far. I have 3 things I'm going to work on this year, but not to get myself ready for a THP experience, but to be a better golfer in general.

1. I'm going to play more (even if it's just a couple holes during lunch).

2. I'm going to get a better understanding of what my clubs ACTUALLY do on the course. @GavinwithaR1 really opened my eyes to this in a podcast. At some point this year, I'll be buying some data tech, so that I can improve my course management and decision making.

3. I'm going to focus on FUN! Golf was meant to be fun. Regardless of how great or poor my round is going, I'll have a smile on my face. Our attitudes can be infectious. I'm going to focus on fun and positivity.

You know I'm certain many people are attracted to this community because of the experiences and other opportunities. I'd be lying if I said 3 years ago when I first joined, that wasn't a part of it. However, I got overwhelmed and walked away.

When I came back this past October, I looked at it through a completely different lens. Being part of an experience would be great don't get me wrong, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to be part of this amazing community. If I'm never picked for an event I won't be disappointed, because I'll still get the opportunity to cheer on my forum family while they have the experience of their life. That in itself is priceless.

Last edited:
Three main things for me:
1.keep posting and get super comfortable navigating the forum. Seems keeping up with the thread during the event is tough but very important!
2. Play golf. Lessons likely are not in the budget, however, I feel getting more experience will drastically improve my game.
3. Stay in shape. I’ve never played more than 18 holes in a three day span so I don’t want to look like a fool when I get to play so many holes in not a lot of days
Ooh and number 4 and 5.
4.Have fun and be patient with myself. I won’t be come some amateur champion over night (or likely ever 🤣) so don’t expect that out of myself. Celebrate the small improvements and victories.
5. Meet and play with other THPers regardless if it’s an official thp event or not

Congrats @mtbloco

For the OP. just staying active on the boards and having fun here. Hoping to get another shot at an event. I went to one in 2019 but had an emergency at home and had to leave before the event got started....so I flew out Friday and left for home Saturday morning. Talk about missing out. :(

I got to experience mine. Only to come home to a cleaned out empty house. So it could suck more? Sorry dude? Experience was great though? Lol! Life has just sucked since?

Big ups to @mtbloco and the shoulder tap!! Whoa! What a great day! Congrats buddy! Go out and make it rain with the peoples champ!

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
So stoked to tee it up with @jdtox and win that cup!
I am so freaking excited for you dude! Freaking awesome. You really deserve it and this is such a great thing for you and the forum. Man this is cool to see.

I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I am keeping myself in better health. These experiences offer good motivation but I just feel better and want to keep it going.
I am starting with lessons again. I want to tame my tempo and play the best I can. I am in a couple of leagues so this training is not going to waste
I am playing competitively more this year. You have to know if you can sink that 4 ft slider when money or trophies are on the line.
3 rounds this year and 3 rounds walked this year. All in competition. I see you walking experience.
Need to restart my live posting again.

I have made an imaginary bag of Mizuno clubs, I have looked at all the info I can find leaked on Cobra clubs. I have read through most of the Granddaddy threads (Jeez the build up to that was like a second job....kudos guys). I am trying a new golf ball. I also have decided I am getting a full bag fit every year no matter what. It is entertainment dollars for me. If I choose to buy fine but most of the time it will be to see where I am.

Never had a THP experience yet but for every one that pops up, I dream and play through in my mind what could be. The maintenance of hope continues after each unsuccessful venture. In the end, it’s all good.

I’ll continue to work on my game more and more this year. Trying to model for my girls what hard work looks like… and that you may not always get back what you invest… right away. The long haul pays off over time.

Working to drop some LBs this winter. Going to place focus on my balance within my swing - and just enjoy what is. That we get to play this great game with friends and wives and others that one day will be friends.

I am so freaking excited for you dude! Freaking awesome. You really deserve it and this is such a great thing for you and the forum. Man this is cool to see.
Thanks. I excited to be a part of it and bring my journey to the forum.

Congrats @mtbloco! Looking forward to seeing your road to the MC!

I don’t have a horseshoe buried you know where for getting picked for stuff like this but I am trying this year to learn the game. Forget what I think I know, blow it all up and leave it behind. Build an actual golf swing and I’m gonna work my tail off towards that 10HCP. I’m also working on being the guy that everyone wants in their foursome. I’m not super squared away on the tech end of things but I’m trying to learn that too.

Back