Golf membership gone crazy!!!

Linksgolf

Reaction score
It seems that the everyday man and women are being priced out of golf? I might have to move county this year but I have been looking at golf courses that reflect my standard and honestly the fees have gone mad, but joining fees have gone crazy.

I won’t say what club because that’s not fair… but it’s a old historic club but it’s not a top 100 club.

£1560 a year plus £3120 joining fee.

How is the every day working man or woman able to afford this. Crazy…

Even average golf course are asking £1000 joining fees… guess they are riding the boom that’s happening in the UK think the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a private club? Is the joining fee each year?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah. For a couple years joining the only local truly private club cost less than the public one down the road from me (not a bad course, no way comparable).

Not since Covid, lol. The rate has corrected itself. It’s still not terrible but you better play close to every day in season, or it’s not worth it.

It seems that the everyday man and women are being priced out of golf? I might have to move county this year but I have been looking at golf courses that reflect my standard and honestly the fees have gone mad, but joining fees have gone crazy.

I won’t say what club because that’s not fair… but it’s a old historic club but it’s not a top 100 club.

Even average golf course are asking £1000 joining fees… guess they are riding the boom that’s happening in the UK think the world.

1500 is that for 7 days full play? That doesn't seem that crazy if it is a semi-private course.

Yeah they are members clubs but public can play at a cost of £165 per round .

Or with a guest for £35. Which is more like.

Guess I’m just old as it seems prices have just jumped so quick.

Yeah 7 day….

Wow. Sounds like it might be a one off, I’m a member of a top 100 UK course with no joining fee, a lower yearly rate than that and the standard price per round is £75...

Talk about price jumps! A public course that I belonged to offers weekday and 7-day annual passes, The senior rate for the weekday pass was $2100 plus tax. That included unlimited golf, cart and range balls (7 days). Then, to bring their pricing more in line with two sister courses in the area, more semi-private than public, for 4 weekdays of unlimited golf and cart and 7-day use of the range, they went to a $1200 initiation and $18/round (plus tax) access fee, applicable whether you walk or ride. So, for 20% less golf, the total cost for the year would have gone from approximately $2300 to over $4000! Also, there is no comparison in the amenities offered at this course compared to the other two. This course only has a limited grill versus a full restaurant; no bar, no pool, no social memberships.....

We are at £850 per year with no joining fee for a course that is considered one of the best in Lincolnshire.

[mention]Phil75070 [/mention]

Yes it’s happening, just hope not all clubs. But it does feel prices are going up quite quick. It’s interesting that people are finding it different all over the world.

It’s just hard when you get good at something and maybe you get priced out of it. We all have life, bills to pay, when the average wage in the UK is £33,000 a year.

Just saying..

[mention]r80rew [/mention]

That’s a bargain.

We are very lucky. We have a lot of courses locals which keeps the price down. Also helps we are in Lincolnshire as the cost of living in much lower than in cities etc.

Maybe I need to move.

Our local 9 hole has continuously gone up each year, but some say it is still a bargain, yet when compared to an 18 hole course about 30 minutes away that might be questionable. I still renewed because I am only 15 minutes from there and it will do for my needs.

Back