Least favorite words

Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
As the title says what are the words or phrases that drive you crazy?

Rural

Deserve (nobody deserves or is owed anything)
Should, or should be (not a answer)

Man I could spiral this way down the drain really quick. :) Picking one: scabies. Scares the absolute hell out of me. I'll take care of and do most anything. Scabies is the answer

Moist
I can’t even believe I just typed that and got the chills.

Moist

I was just looking this up:

Dr. Paul Thibodeau from Oberlin College surveyed 2,500 people and found that 18% of them hated the word "moist." He hypothesized that this strong reaction was down to three reasons: the way the word sounds, its association with bodily functions, and because it has become such a widely disliked word.

He discovered that the majority of people who hated the word "moist" were highly educated young women, and the reasoning in the latter two hypotheses were correct.

So while people were fine with the words "foist" and "rejoiced," they couldn't deal with the mental images that "moist" conjured.

"People who were averse to 'moist' also responded similarly to words such as 'phlegm,' and 'vomit,' leading us to believe that the disgust is related in part to the association with bodily functions," he explained on Gizmodo.

No.

Dr. Paul Thibodeau from Oberlin College surveyed 2,500 people and found that 18% of them hated the word "moist." He hypothesized that this strong reaction was down to three reasons: the way the word sounds, its association with bodily functions, and because it has become such a widely disliked word.

He discovered that the majority of people who hated the word "moist" were highly educated young women, and the reasoning in the latter two hypotheses were correct.

So while people were fine with the words "foist" and "rejoiced," they couldn't deal with the mental images that "moist" conjured.

"People who were averse to 'moist' also responded similarly to words such as 'phlegm,' and 'vomit,' leading us to believe that the disgust is related in part to the association with bodily functions," he explained on Gizmodo.

OHIO!

Defiantly when they meant definitely.

I can't stand the word 'woke'. It sounds ignorant and illiterate.

ain't

Imma <> I am going to

I hate it even more now that I took the time to read that. 😂😂😂

Moist
We had a girl in the office that would tell you to ":Shut Up" if you used that word.....If your having a Departmental buffet and someone remarked on the cake, leave the room.....

Bully
Fair
Epic
Iconic

Back