The Official Banter Away Thread

Balloons finally!

16650659761007233226712478804304.jpg

This whole dark earlier thing is already pissing me off.
Literally said this to my daughter as I was driving her to school this morning....in the dark :(

Dark early definitely wears on you- and for those of us in the MW it starts us down that path of season being over....(n):mad:

Good morning THP!! I hope yiu are all well. Have a great day!

I am a big guy - 6’5” and 290 lbs. I’m at the podiatrist’s office and the chair I am sitting in makes me feel like a little kid. It amazes me that there are people that needs a chair this wide to accommodate their size.

Look if you're in an office with just one bathroom and you kill the Toilet, how about giving everyone a joking heads up.

Damn walking in and just had to turn around and say nope

Asking for a friend, is there a way to block an entire thread from showing up in my feed?

Asking for a friend, is there a way to block an entire thread from showing up in my feed?
Don't you just click the watch/unwatch button at the top of the page?

You can ignore the user who started the thread, but I think that’s the only way.

You can ignore the user who started the thread, but I think that’s the only way.
Sadly, that would mean blocking GolferGal and missing out on her epic weekly rants.

Move along. Nothing to see here 😳

I read, re-read and could not understand WTF I was supposed to do with my daughter’s first grade textbook since the examples do not add up to 12.
5D654BEC-ABCB-4ADD-B2A9-9442B3C4C535.jpeg

I read, re-read and could not understand WTF I was supposed to do with my daughter’s first grade textbook since the examples do not add up to 12.
View attachment 9125569
The idea is on purpose to have more than the number of items you want the child to add/multiply. The reason for that is the child doesn’t have the ability to lean on a fact that all items must be used. It makes them think more and eventually understand/comprehend better.

I agree on all counts. Having been down that road, I don’t throw it around. That said, yup, this time of year just really beats down on me.
I count myself in the fortunate group when I say that the darkness due to the changing of the seasons hasn't seemed to affect me for a few years. I notice it, sure but it's more of an inconvenience than anything. Take this week for example - I want to wash and vacuum out my truck before leaving for Florida, but by the time I get home from work it's too dark so I can't. I'm disappointed, but mentally I'm in a good place so it's just something beyond my control.

I am impressed with people that can find a counterpoint to everything so they can feel they are correct. It is a skill, not a useful one but still. :ROFLMAO:
We have a guy like that at work. We've dubbed him the askhole.

interesting. an askhole to me is someone who asks you a question, doesn't like your answer then asks someone else.
"Hey, quick question..."
Answer
"Yeah, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure."

interesting. an askhole to me is someone who asks you a question, doesn't like your answer then asks someone else.
Pretty much, except in this case he already "has" the answer, and will banter back and forth with you until he feels that you're agreeing with his answer. Even if it's wrong:rolleyes:

I dont like Starbucks Coffee but my staff does and i will pick some up on occasion for them from the location near my office which is always very busy and im guessing very profitable., It is also the first Starbucks to go with a Union. Something is up just stopped by to get coffee for my staff and its closed again with no info as to why or when they will reopen. Just a very strange situaton.

23 Albatross tags look good

Our 9 month old washer just fell off the pedastool. Really hoping the slightly shifted screen is the only damage

2023 Albatross tickets look nice.

Back