Arccos is failing

skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been an avid Arccos fan for 3 years. I have 2 sets of clubs, 2 sets of sensors, and 2 accounts (because they don't let you have 2 bags on the same account - dumb).

Lately, the web apps for Arccos are a joke. The beta version has been available for over a year and is still not functional. Increasingly, the Apple Watch app is missing shots and, worse, the web apps are not allowing me to add the shots.

Is anyone else using the web apps to edit rounds and, if so, are you having problems? I'm about ready to give up on Arccos but don't know what I would move to. Plus, I have over 300 rounds in it.

There's definitely room for improvement. I'd say it misses between 6-12 shots per round for me. I keep using Arccos because I've convinced myself that none of the shot trackers are truly accurate, and I found the one thing about it that I prefer over the other shot trackers, the SuperStroke putter adapter.

Last edited:
I don’t have these issues. Misses maybe 2-3 shots per round. If that. I enjoy the post round review. Especially when it’s time to play that same course again. Learn from mistakes and successes. Love it. A couple missed hits is no big deal. Set it and forget it. I don’t goof with it during the round except to set the pin location after it goes in the hole.

I don’t have these issues. Misses maybe 2-3 shots per round. If that. I enjoy the post round review. Especially when it’s time to play that same course again. Learn from mistakes and successes. Love it. A couple missed hits is no big deal. Set it and forget it. I don’t goof with it during the round except to set the pin location after it goes in the hole.
Do you do post round edits? Have you have any issues with that? That is my biggest gripe.

Why not get the app? When I used Arccos the UI was fantastic.

Full swing shots rarely fail to register. I may get a handful of partial swings that are soft struck that may not pick up. It relies on the sound to register a shot. The putting could use some improvement and I would say that is where I do the majority of post round editing. I use the app on iphone for almost all of it. Seems to work quite well.

If you decide to move away from Arccoss I would highly recommend checking out Shot Scope and their offering. Their products are great and all the shot tracking and data is free. Lots of great threads on THP discussing their products and data.

Shotscope... that is all.

Do you do post round edits? Have you have any issues with that? That is my biggest gripe.
The only edits I do is remove the occasional ghost putt where Im carrying a wedge too or something and it clinks into the putter. And I putt off the collars ect a couple times a round and I change those to chips to correct the stats. I also add penalty shots if I had any. I do notice a few more missed shots during the winter if my quarter zip sleeve is covering my Apple Watch mic a little too much. The whole process takes 5 mins tops.

Ditched Arccos for Shotscope in the fall and haven’t looked back. Shot tracking is much better and you don’t get hosed paying for it.
Yep, I just don't see anything better...

No subscription.
You get the tags with the device.
The stats are amazing.
The app is good and you can read the data online on your computer as well.

I used Arccos with the Link and it rarely missed shots. But I agree the web platforms and data presentation are stagnting. I edit my shots etc on the Android app after each hole.

Changing to ShotScope next year due to the data presentation and innovation being better.

I had one of the original v2 sets and loved arccos. I don't know how many rounds I had on it, but it was a few hundred. As sensors broke I would order replacements sometimes under warranty other times I had to pay for them.

Then last season they all went haywire so I ordered a new batch, paid for them and then went to add them to my account. All paired up and all was good until I went to play and it said I couldn't unless I paid for the subscription. I figured my account was still grandfathered in and as I was not using the free sensors it would still be running fine. I was sadly wrong and I guess that was no longer the case. So I chose to not renew and ditch it all together.

I did get a refund on the sensors which was nice of them, but have no intention on going back. I used to be a huge supporter, but can't justify the price anyone. I enjoy golf just as much without it even though I really miss the data side of things.

A shotscope system is likely next on my list of things to get!

I've used Accos in the past and switched to ShotScope. Way more accurate as far as picking up hits. It's not perfect but the edits are a lot easier to make. Also you can't knock the cost.

I was running into alot of the same issues with Arccos. Now the app was FANTASTIC, but if shot tracking if I got too close to a different tee box it's automatically switch holes on me and then I'd be spending time trying to get it straightened out mid round. Just took me completely out of the golf mindset while playing. Then you add the fee in with all those problems and I was done.

Another that switched to Shotscope and I use the H4 so I just tap and play golf and then go back later and review the round. Rarely misses any shots (unless I chunk one) and keeps me in the round of actually playing golf.

I gave up on Arccos a while back and went to shotscope. Same stuff - seemed that SS just handled better for me. But I've used them all... GameGolf, Arccos, Shotscope and they all miss shots. So I figure it's more about what you are comfortable with and then just go from there.

I've been using Arccos for years and never had any problems so 🤷‍♂️. Might miss 1-3 shots a round but with the app it takes seconds to correct. It's definitely funny how people get such varied experiences with tech. I was in another thread where someone was having nothing but problems with their Skytrak+ and it went a lot like this one. For most it works great, for others it's a complete fail. As to the subscription, Arccos has improved my game an order of magnitude more than any new $600 driver or $1400 set of irons so for the price of lunch at McDonalds each month I consider it a pretty decent value.

I've been using Arccos for years and never had any problems so 🤷‍♂️. Might miss 1-3 shots a round but with the app it takes seconds to correct. It's definitely funny how people get such varied experiences with tech. I was in another thread where someone was having nothing but problems with their Skytrak+ and it went a lot like this one. For most it works great, for others it's a complete fail. As to the subscription, Arccos has improved my game an order of magnitude more than any new $600 driver or $1400 set of irons so for the price of lunch at McDonalds each month I consider it a pretty decent value.

If you could get performance equal to or better than what you get now, but for free, would you?

If you could get performance equal to or better than what you get now, but for free, would you?
Not advocating for any platform but getting something free is not really free. For simplicity sake and not comparing all the different brands out there let’s take shotscope and arccos

Shotscope initial cost - $299

Arccos initial cost is the sensors for free then you pay the yearly subscription of $156.

At two years they are roughly even. Keep using shotscope current product after 2 years then you are on the plus side financially. But there are folks that upgrade whenever a new product comes out so if shotscope has a new product 2 years down the road and you buy that, it changes your numbers.

Again not advocating either way, just saying that what you are getting is not free.

Neither work consistently where I am. There are areas in the mountains that don't get service on cell phones much less smart watches

Not advocating for any platform but getting something free is not really free. For simplicity sake and not comparing all the different brands out there let’s take shotscope and arccos

Shotscope initial cost - $299

Arccos initial cost is the sensors for free then you pay the yearly subscription of $156.

At two years they are roughly even. Keep using shotscope current product after 2 years then you are on the plus side financially. But there are folks that upgrade whenever a new product comes out so if shotscope has a new product 2 years down the road and you buy that, it changes your numbers.

Again not advocating either way, just saying that what you are getting is not free.

Yes and no. For my $299 with Shotscope I am getting a fully functioning gps golf watch which I could use by itself. With Arccos, after I pay my initial cost for the subscription, I have nothing that I can use by itself. Nothing. It all relies on another device that I may or may not already own.

Maybe I have to make another purchase, maybe I don’t. with Shotscope, unless I choose to upgrade my watch, I have no other cost. Ever. With Arccos, I will pay their fee perpetually and the only thing I am getting is the club sensors and the data. That’s it.

I don’t think you shouldn’t love Arccos. I just didn’t see the value.

Outside of shot scope and Garmin what are the best alternatives? If any?

Outside of shot scope and Garmin what are the best alternatives? If any?
The old fashioned way, reducing the paralysis by analysis I see so much of. No one needs an app to tell them they toed that approach and came up short. Does it really matter if its 12 or 16 yards short? And if one keeps striking the ball well and coming up short, you think you swing faster than you actually do. Use more club. If you cant remember if you tended to miss fairways right or left, put down the beer and the puff-puff.
I love data, I am a regular sim user. But I can recount to you every shot taken in a round days later. I don't need to be out there fiddling with electronics to see what I'm doing right or wrong. Drives me nuts being behind, or worse yet, with guys who sit there and play with their apps instead of moving. And most of those guys who do so suck anyhow, no app is going to improve your ball striking, its just going to reaffirm that you suck.

I have had Arccos since the beginning of Covid. I bought the sensors before they went subscription based and when I had to replace some sensors recently, I asked if I were to get the new ones, would I be forced to pay the subscription at some point and was told that NO, I would not, since I bought before that.

I do agree that the web interface needs to be updated as the Beta has been there way to long to be called "Beta", but they seem to have forgotten about moving it along.

FYI, I do have a Link as well.

The times I have issues, lots of them are when I am on certain courses. Pinehurst #2 poses LOTS of problems for me as it won't advance to the next hole all the time as the tees are close to the previous greens and I have issues getting the distance while on the next hole since it thinks I am on the last hole.
Thursday I played #2 and without doing modifications it thinks I shot a 68. Well, fat chance of that with me being a 17 handicap and playing in the cold. I actually shot over 100. but it has no idea. I do think that the windy conditions caused issues with it hearing that shots were hit, especially putts.

The web interface also doesn't allow you to move shots to other holes like the app does, so you have to delete and then add them.

I bought a laser rangefinder because of the issues I have had with the app during play and the fact that on 2, 3, 4 and 8, they don't make pin sheets or change the flag color on the greens and you cannot always tell from a distance where the flag is.

I really need to make a decision as I have not delved into the details to really see where I am messing up. I know they have the info and can tell me, but I mostly use Arccos currently as just a tracking program, without anything more. Or I just need to stop using it and just do the old fashioned method.

Back