Fairway Wood Face Depth

Deep for me. Looks first of all, I feel way more confident with a deep face compared to shallow. I use it a lot off the tee and I usually swing down pretty good with it than sweep at the ball.

Back in the day I played Orlimar Trimetal woods, the first generation. Initially, I really liked them on the fairway, but wished for a higher face on the tee box. Even the driver had that shallow face height and that was not very confidence inspiring. But when I hit that driver right with that Harrison Striper shaft, I bombed it. Eventually I went to Adams, and now play Ping G fairways. Happy with that face height.

I liked the original orlimars also. I still have a 13* in my garage with an X100 shaft in it. I used to be a lot faster than I am now.

Played a shallow face for a little while way back when but a few sky balls out of fluffy lies and off tee sent it to the bench. Have gone deep face since.

Same. If I miss a fairway wood it is mostly a touch steep so deeper face is better for me. I really like my Stealth 2+ heads. Just right.

I know it’s wrong but I hit down on my fairway woods just like I do with long irons so the deeper the face the better

Is a TSR2 deemed to be shallow or deep?

I like whatever that is..

Not sure honestly. I’ve gotten along with both well over the years.

I've always liked a deeper face, but really not sure what's best for me. It's something I really should take the time to figure out, but there's a lot in my game I need to work on before that.

I have always preferred deeper faces on the 3w because it was a 2nd tee club that I could sometimes hit from the deck. This year is a lot of trying out different things. So I’m going shallower than my instincts say to go and trying to pick up a regular paradym 3w from callaway pre owned.

TEE CB1 was the best tweener of shallow/deep for me. I should just go back to that thing. Such a great wood

My preference is skinny.

Back