9-Wood Yes or No?

I have never tried one. I have my suspicions that it would not work for me, but I definitely would be open to it.

Nope. I can't even stand the look of a 7 wood. The face lying flat on the floor with a big body behind it. It is off putting for me. :ROFLMAO:

I do have a 5w in the bag.

I stay hybrid in that spot. Shorter shaft and more upright helps me center it better than a fairway wood there. But if the 9 let’s ball go high and straight I see no reason to not try it.

I used to play one. I liked it but I just never upgraded for some reason. It pretty much replaced my 7 iron.
Now I want to try one again lol

The Devine Nine @JDax

I love my 7W, but I have a 5H occupying what would be the 9W slot. I wouldn't be opposed to trying a 9W, but I think the hybrid probably has the edge in versatility.

I love my 7W, but I have a 5H occupying what would be the 9W slot. I wouldn't be opposed to trying a 9W, but I think the hybrid probably has the edge in versatility.

I don’t disagree that the hybrid has a bit of an edge on versatility. I would use it around the green a bit also. I just find I hook regular hybrids. I haven’t tried a ping hybrid turned flat with a heavier shaft. That might work for me. I already like a heavier shaft than stock in my fairways.

I play a 9. Really versatile and fun to hit. Like hitting 200 yard pitching wedges. I have actually had them back up a foot or two with urethane balls. A get over the dogleg with room to spare club...... Only drawback is with the amount of backspin they produce, you aren't going to hit any big fades or draws with them. Unless you like just high and straight......and as high as they go and as fast as they stop, there usually isnt much need to work it.

Yes of course I do - been playing a 9 wood for years... also have an 11 wood - great clubs to have in the bag. (y) (y)(y)(y)

I have one, change it for a 6hybrid occasionally. It's my 150 club, and great getting on the green.
My goodness at the head covers in your your bag! I love it!

I would consider it but I did very well with a 5H in the bag last season.

At one time I had 7w, 9w, 11w, all in my bag. Incredible clubs. Moved on from 9w Looking again

Never hit a 7 wood let alone a 9 wood. I play in windy links conditions so if the purpose is to hit the ball higher these may not be for me.

Most golf shops near me limit their fitting equipment to drivers and 7 irons.. so unlikely to get a chance to try one either.

No, and no..that's way past where I'm comfortable with a fw wood.

Not against the idea of a 9w. I’m on team hybrid and recently added a 23° hybrid to the mix. Fairway woods off the deck have always been a weakness in my game.

Currently I have no desire to play a 9 wood, I enjoy playing irons too much. Maybe in the future but I wouldn’t put money on it. In retrospect, I don’t believe I have ever seen a 9 wood.

Still have my divine 9 somewhere, love that club. Saving it for old(er) age :ROFLMAO:

I have one, replacing my 4i. Jury is still out.

The good shots are glorious high descent beauties that I could never replicate with a 4i. The bad shots are balloons that could float away in either direction that I could never replicate with a 4i.

More results needed before finalizing.

I have both a Callaway Epic Max 9 wood (which replaced my 5i) and a Callaway Epic Max 11 wood (which replaced my 6i).
Putting those two clubs is my bag was the best thing I ever did for my golf game.
Super easy to hit.

@Golfers Anonymous you’ve got me full ponder mode…
Problem is unless the shops have demos built up you’re just going in blind. I see a 7,9 wood as a more precise dispersion club but it’s hard to find them let alone demo one.

Problem is unless the shops have demos built up you’re just going in blind. I see a 7,9 wood as a more precise dispersion club but it’s hard to find them let alone demo one.

I know it…. This is my struggle too

Back