Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I just cannot quit the Chrome Soft. The soft feel at impact is like an old friend. I am glad it fits me because I would probably use it anyway.

I picked up a dozen Chrome Soft TruTrack yesterday and put them into play today. They're fun. I like the TruTrack pattern better than Truvis, and I think I like the alignment feature better than Triple Track.
I was at DSG and was using their “spin the ball” display for these.
I generally really really love Truvis, (it’s my favorite style) but I’m absolutely giving these a go after seeing how good they looked rolling.

Im realllllly hoping the rain holds off from tomorrow morning..... I need to play.... not only for my sanity, but to get more work with the CT vs CTx haha. I have been playing the CT mainly but I still kinda like the feel of the CTx more....

Heading to FL on Monday and have golf Wednesday - Saturday. I am going to put the balls in play. I am not sure which one I am going to play though. I could play either.

Does anyone know of any LM driver spin data comparing the new chrome tour against CSX LS? @OldandStiff ? I saw the wedge and 7i comparison vid you did but I am looking specifically for driver data and wondering if the CT is less spinny off the driver as it appears to be in the bottom end of the bag???

Heading to FL on Monday and have golf Wednesday - Saturday. I am going to put the balls in play. I am not sure which one I am going to play though. I could play either.
Interested if you notice a difference on the cover durability. For me there was a distinct difference between the Tour and Tour X.

Does anyone know of any LM driver spin data comparing the new chrome tour against CSX LS? @OldandStiff ? I saw the wedge and 7i comparison vid you did but I am looking specifically for driver data and wondering if the CT is less spinny off the driver as it appears to be in the bottom end of the bag???
Let me dig through some data. I think I posted what I was seeing. Give me a few…

Interested if you notice a difference on the cover durability. For me there was a distinct difference between the Tour and Tour X.
Which has held up better for you?

I haven’t really noticed much difference, they have both held up well given the trees I have hit so far.

Which has held up better for you?

I haven’t really noticed much difference, they have both held up well given the trees I have hit so far.
In my experiences in St. George and Mesquite, the Tour X cover held up noticeably better than the Tour. I do have a steep swing and generally impart quite a bit of spin with my irons, but the Tour X cover lasted quite a bit better for me.

Still no new testing for me for 4-6 weeks due to jacked up knee. 🤬

Still no new testing for me for 4-6 weeks due to jacked up knee. 🤬
I'm so sorry. Dude I feel for you. Been there, done that. Not fun at all.

It's a little less for me with driver, yes. LS spins about the same off driver for me as X. It's real close. CT is lower. For me the separation isn't much compared to some others though because I'm lower spin to begin with.

I have hit them extensively in the simulator and they both showed substantial wear. It was a lot of shots though. I will try to swap balls between rounds and see how they do.

In my experiences in St. George and Mesquite, the Tour X cover held up noticeably better than the Tour. I do have a steep swing and generally impart quite a bit of spin with my irons, but the Tour X cover lasted quite a bit better for me.
Interesting from my testing I felt it was the other way around. The 3 CT balls I have been using for SIM have over 500+ shots on them and they look pretty new to me. The CTX with less shots look a little rougher. When I get home I will snap some pictures.

I think in the grand scheme of things any ball that hits off a cart path or object will show some sense of damage to the cover.

Interesting from my testing I felt it was the other way around. The 3 CT balls I have been using for SIM have over 500+ shots on them and they look pretty new to me. The CTX with less shots look a little rougher. When I get home I will snap some pictures.

I think in the grand scheme of things any ball that hits off a cart path or object will show some sense of damage to the cover.
No cart paths or objects for me. Just wear and tear

No cart paths or objects for me. Just wear and tear
I will have to keep an eye on that through indoor testing and outdoor during my rounds.

For me the CT was slightly higher. Wasn't much difference,

Here's the two types for me after 9 holes with each

20240103_190814.jpg20240103_190801.jpg

20240103_190733.jpg20240103_190705.jpg

I grabbed a box when I saw the email this morning. Why do I feel like I should have gotten another?

Working on a final writeup - lots of thoughts. Lots a good things, a few very minor suggestions/findings that were significant enough in my situation.

Of course will continue to update as I use the the golf balls right down to the very last one! Which could be a while since I have only had one casualty so far!
So would it be a ball that you continue using if/when you run out of what you currently have?

It's a little less for me with driver, yes. LS spins about the same off driver for me as X. It's real close. CT is lower. For me the separation isn't much compared to some others though because I'm lower spin to begin with.
Yeah this sounds like my ball as soon as I play through a box of LS

Was loading up my new bag last night and had some previous-gen white Chrome Softs squirreled away in my old bag. The new CTs are noticeably brighter, even under some just ok lighting in my basement.

Back