MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

According to Motocaddy webpage, you don’t lose GPS functionality (front/middle/back) if you don’t renew the annual Performance Plan. You just lose the added features the Performance Plan offers, which has some cool features. Looks like the cost is $70 US annually.

“With the M7 GPS, you can also enjoy a free trial of Motocaddy's Performance Plan, which adds even more features to the GPS including a full hole view, performance tracking statistics, a more detailed green view, automatic course updates via cellular connectivity and automatic firmware updates too.”

All info here.

Honestly I use my cart at least 25 rounds or more a year - I'm paying for the additional features - I use them on the course.

Walked 9 last night in almost 100* Real Feel temp last night.
So nice to just walk - No pushing, no carrying.
Got an opportunity to show off the features to a golfer that I had not played with yet this year.
We were on a hole that I was 200 yards out and water in front of the green.
I was able to show him how the M7 GPS split the distance in half to show where I could cut that distance in half and have a good distance in.
Also was showing him the hazards feature and that I had 148 out from the water and I know the fairway slopes to the water.
So take out a 125 club and swing easy. Ball finished right at the end of the fairway.
My fellow golfer asked me about the GPS and if it was a subscription.
Told him that this year is free and then I have to pay.
His response was "With all that this offers, why wouldn't you?"
I agreed....

I just returned from 11 days in Scotland and rented non-remote Motocaddy trolleys with GPS on 3 of the 10 rounds. Used caddies for the other rounds. Caddies are essential on unfamiliar courses but the Motocaddy worked great on those I had played before. Several of my group ended up renting them as well.

Played in a two day event at my local golf course this weekend. Walked 18 both days.
Can't even began to explain how nice it was to have this cart for the event.
The course's gas carts did not have GPS, so having a GPS on my cart, even if it was electric, was certainly an advantage.
There were several people that work at the course that had not seen an electric caddy and if so not like the Motocaddy M7 GPS.

One of the bigger advantages was that I was able to walk at my own pace.
Sometimes I felt I was walking at "Brooks Koepka Pace" because I could. Even holding my glove like Brooks.
It allowed me to take my time, process what just happened and what needs to happen on the next shot.
One of the golfers I was paired with told me that his friend had a BatCaddy.
Just didn't have the heart to say "This doesn't compare to a BatCaddy"
Turns out I did not have to, once he saw the Lithium battery and how it smooth it worked, he said the me that my looked like a "Cadillac" version of an electric cart.
Could not have agreed with more.

Is it safe to take this to a car wash bay and spray it off to clean? As I start thinking about muddy season here in Ohio I want to be prepared for how to most effectively clean it.

I live in a 2nd floor apartment so a garden hose isn’t an option for me.

Is it safe to take this to a car wash bay and spray it off to clean? As I start thinking about muddy season here in Ohio I want to be prepared for how to most effectively clean it.

I think I recall in the manual that pressure washing is advised against. I'm guessing a bucket and elbow grease is the way to go.

I think I recall in the manual that pressure washing is advised against. I'm guessing a bucket and elbow grease is the way to go.
that sounds right to me. Can probably use a hose on a gentle spray setting to help, but I wouldn't go crazy.

New Girl Ugh GIF

Guess it’s gonna stay dirty. I’ll just buy a weather mat for my trunk.

I don't have this as my powered cart, but I do tend to wet my gamed towel after the round if the cart is particularly dirty and wipe it down best I can, then later when all else is dry the remainder can almost be dusted (lightly wiped clean(ish), with a dry towel/rag).

GOod luck

Just stay in the fairway and avoid the mud haha

Absolutely do not use direct hose or pressure washer, you could have a major issue not covered by warranty. My suggestion since you live in an apartment. Take the rear wheels off and throw in a garbage bag and take up to your apartment. With rubber mat or some protection for the tub/shower floor, wash them in the tub or shower using a bucket of soapy water as your water source. My car wash bucket is very large so I fill with soap and water and submerge one wheel at a time, let sit for a couple of minutes and then give it a good scrub with hand brush and wet cloth. Wipe dry and set aside to dry completely.

Carry your M7 to same tub/shower and using a pail of soapy water, just gently wipe it all down also using a car wash hand brush and damp small towel to gently clean off the dirt. Just do not pour water over the M7, just use damp cloth. Flip it on its side and use the damp cloth and give it a good wipe. If you still have the axle protector sleeves that came with the unit, put them on before you place in the tub to prevent any scratches to the tub.

Once all done, dry it off, put some Vaseline on the axles and you are good to go.

Absolutely do not use direct hose or pressure washer, you could have a major issue not covered by warranty. My suggestion since you live in an apartment. Take the rear wheels off and throw in a garbage bag and take up to your apartment. With rubber mat or some protection for the tub/shower floor, wash them in the tub or shower using a bucket of soapy water as your water source. My car wash bucket is very large so I fill with soap and water and submerge one wheel at a time, let sit for a couple of minutes and then give it a good scrub with hand brush and wet cloth. Wipe dry and set aside to dry completely.

Carry your M7 to same tub/shower and using a pail of soapy water, just gently wipe it all down also using a car wash hand brush and damp small towel to gently clean off the dirt. Just do not pour water over the M7, just use damp cloth. Flip it on its side and use the damp cloth and give it a good wipe. If you still have the axle protector sleeves that came with the unit, put them on before you place in the tub to prevent any scratches to the tub.

Once all done, dry it off, put some Vaseline on the axles and you are good to go.
Thank you for the reply and suggestions. This sounds like a lot to do several times a week in the spring. But it pretty much lives in my trunk (besides the battery) I bring that up after every use to charge. So I feel like the weather tech trunk protector and just living with it being muddy most of the time is going to be the play here.

I just can't picture myself doing all of that after every round in the spring. Maybe a couple of times a year, the end of spring when the mud starts to go, the middle of summer, then the end of the year could be a good plan that I might be more likely to do.

Edit-- It's the wheels that get caked in mud the most. Could I just take those off and pressure wash them at the car wash? I don't mind wiping down the actual unit it's the wheels that would be the biggest time sink to clean any other way.

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. This sounds like a lot to do several times a week in the spring. But it pretty much lives in my trunk (besides the battery) I bring that up after every use to charge. So I feel like the weather tech trunk protector and just living with it being muddy most of the time is going to be the play here.

I just can't picture myself doing all of that after every round in the spring. Maybe a couple of times a year, the end of spring when the mud starts to go, the middle of summer, then the end of the year could be a good plan that I might be more likely to do.

Edit-- It's the wheels that get caked in mud the most. Could I just take those off and pressure wash them at the car wash? I don't mind wiping down the actual unit it's the wheels that would be the biggest time sink to clean any other way.
Yes, absolutely if you take your wheels right off, lay them on the ground and give them a good pressure washer that would be fine. For the rest unit I usually give mine a wipe down after playing about four times or once a week. I just take a bucket of soapy water outside and do it right on the driveway Only takes about five minutes. Good luck.

Season 2 is set to begin this week and I am so excited for it. I really wanted to walk yesterday but the course was not allowing it due to a "jam packed tee sheet" so they decided to send everyone off for Cart Path Only (for another thread).

My season was cut a little short last year due to a serious but full recovery from a leg injury and I am ready to log the rounds with this. One of my buddies did end up picking one up during christmas time for a deal so Ill have someone to bounce thoughts off of as its happening as well.

Stay tuned!

Cleaned, charged and ready to go. Now all I need is weather for golf. Right now my clubs are in my Callaway grandaddy bag but once we get to walking regularly they’ll switch back to my Motocaddy bag.

Who is considering one of these still and what info are you looking for?

For me, I want to see if I can get the dang thing to stop veering left. I know there was discussion back in this thread about it so I’m going back through and seeing if I did something wrong or missed something on set up.

Cleaned, charged and ready to go. Now all I need is weather for golf. Right now my clubs are in my Callaway grandaddy bag but once we get to walking regularly they’ll switch back to my Motocaddy bag.

For me, I want to see if I can get the dang thing to stop veering left. I know there was discussion back in this thread about it so I’m going back through and seeing if I did something wrong or missed something on set up.
Not sure if Motocaddy is the same but on the MGI there is a “trimming” function you use to correct veering. It was a very simple procedure on the MGI ZIP and since there are many similarities between the two, maybe the Motocaddy has it as well.

Outside of the veering issue, anything you don’t like about the M7? Anything you would change?

Check the owners manual, I believe there are two options, the first is an adjustment to the front wheel and the second is a trimming function. I’ll try to find the text and put it here
IMG_0623.jpegIMG_0624.jpeg

Last edited:
Outside of the veering issue, anything you don’t like about the M7? Anything you would change?
The unit itself, not really. Yes it’s heavy when folded and the battery is in it but that’s to be expected. I don’t have any experience with push carts outside of this so maybe it’s common with all of them but the places that collect grass are annoying. I want all of my stuff clean after each round and it’s a chore to clean it.

In terms of the bag, I hate where the putter well is on my bag. Right in line with the cart strap. I would raise or lower the opening to allow you to use it

The unit itself, not really. Yes it’s heavy when folded and the battery is in it but that’s to be expected. I don’t have any experience with push carts outside of this so maybe it’s common with all of them but the places that collect grass are annoying. I want all of my stuff clean after each round and it’s a chore to clean it.

In terms of the bag, I hate where the putter well is on my bag. Right in line with the cart strap. I would raise or lower the opening to allow you to use it
Is it just the Motocaddy bag?

My home course is quite hilly and some very steep. It seems like the M7 does great on hills. Is that your experience?

From a cleaning perspective I think only the Volt does a better job of minimal post-round care needed to clean. I had a Stewart before the MotoCaddy and the Stewart was 10 times harder to clean.

Is it just the Motocaddy bag?

My home course is quite hilly and some very steep. It seems like the M7 does great on hills. Is that your experience?
My unit seemed to attack hills with ease last year from a speed and stability standpoint.

Back