The Morgan Cup with Cobra over the years

Inioch

Morgan Cup 2024 participant! #HackersNation
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s the one event that has eluded me over the years. Mostly because of when it’s scheduled, like this year. But there is so much THP history in that event

With Morgan Cup signups now live, I figured I'd post my bookmarks on a single thread. That should get you pumped to sign up :D
I've been going through the live threads in the years when the Morgan Cup has been held with Cobra as the partner, meaning from it's return in 2017.

There's a whole bunch of legacy here, so enjoy like I did going through them.

2017 Live Thread
2018 Live Thread
2019 Live Thread
2020 Live Thread
2021 Live Thread
2022 Live Thread
2023 Live Thread
That 2021 live thread is great including an incredible hole out on 6 in the shamble by @DataDude 🔥

It’s the one event that has eluded me over the years. Mostly because of when it’s scheduled, like this year. But there is so much THP history in that event
It's crazy when you go over the years and look at the posts. It's a shame so many pics have been lost due to Tapatalk. But the chills of the last days come even when reading years later.

2022 was my first live follow as I'd joined THP in the summer.

Live threads are absolutely amazing, so interesting to follow. These Morgan Cup ones are off the chart. The excitement portrayed in these threads by participants and those following is so real.

Crazy seeing the amount of post in each one increase year after year. 399 pages for our MC23 is insane!

Crazy seeing the amount of post in each one increase year after year. 399 pages for our MC23 is insane!
It was an amazing follow!

It was surreal to be a part of it.

The excitement whether in person or virtual is real. That’s reflected in the threads by both participants and followers. That is such an incredible feeling. The live threads are such a great part of these events.

That 2021 live thread is great including an incredible hole out on 6 in the shamble by @DataDude 🔥
I reread that thread several times per year. Didn’t play my best golf but oh my I had fun!

I reread that thread several times per year. Didn’t play my best golf but oh my I had fun!
It sure was a great event to be a part of

Our 2021 year is still so fresh in my mind. So many laughs, so many fun shots, so much good natured competition, and the Cobra gear was all amazing and fun. Super cool we get these opportunities. I think @hedley_lamarr08 said in another thread being in this event changed his golf life. That’s accurate for sure.

Our 2021 year is still so fresh in my mind. So many laughs, so many fun shots, so much good natured competition, and the Cobra gear was all amazing and fun. Super cool we get these opportunities. I think @hedley_lamarr08 said in another thread being in this event changed his golf life. That’s accurate for sure.
One of my favorite pics from 2021 IMG_2212.jpeg

You played well Sean. I remember one shot specifically. I think 17? You were in the sh!t on the right side, and Yags convinced you to take the shot. I saw him talking to you, and I dont even know the distance? You hit that ball square and it rolled on the green. I am almost positive that shot won the hole and pushed us to 18. That was a shot no one really talks about.

I love this thanks a bunch for grouping them all together like this. I’m going to browse through all of them from before ‘21. It’s always so fun to look back and see how they’ve evolved.

Also all the PGA pros there that weekend too. I remember riding the hotel elevator with Justin Rose.

Also all the PGA pros there that weekend too. I remember riding the hotel elevator with Justin Rose.
Yeah, we had a Rose, Homa, and Charlie Hoffman sightings at least. I think several others but can't remember.

We talked to Max Homa between 1 green and 2 tee box and I said hi to Charlie Hoffman by the clubhouse

You played well Sean. I remember one shot specifically. I think 17? You were in the sh!t on the right side, and Yags convinced you to take the shot. I saw him talking to you, and I dont even know the distance? You hit that ball square and it rolled on the green. I am almost positive that shot won the hole and pushed us to 18. That was a shot no one really talks about.
Appreciate that! Thanks for the memories :cool: Like I said, a ton of fun and a great grp of people to play golf with

Thanks for putting these all in one spot. So much great history in these threads.

It was surreal to be a part of it.

The excitement whether in person or virtual is real. That’s reflected in the threads by both participants and followers. That is such an incredible feeling. The live threads are such a great part of these events.
So much truth to this! All the “I’m flipping sides” nonsense aside, I wouldn’t change anything from the ‘22 event. The announcement getting in, the build up, finally meeting everyone in person, the event, and all the fun times with guys from the event since are awesome! Being able to share that with the forum is so much fun. You can feel the excitement from the forum following along with you the whole time. Being able to see everyone else going through their experience and participating with them through the thread is just as incredible. I absolutely love this event and can’t wait for this years live thread.

So much truth to this! All the “I’m flipping sides” nonsense aside, I wouldn’t change anything from the ‘22 event. The announcement getting in, the build up, finally meeting everyone in person, the event, and all the fun times with guys from the event since are awesome! Being able to share that with the forum is so much fun. You can feel the excitement from the forum following along with you the whole time. Being able to see everyone else going through their experience and participating with them through the thread is just as incredible. I absolutely love this event and can’t wait for this years live thread.
Youre group had a really good week of golf, me and @Parrot being able to host multiple days of golf for you all then getting to play Old Waverly. It was pretty cool to slightly be a part of. Especially after being in the 2021 MC.

Back